Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Ottawa's goalie log jam

Banned

Default Re: Ottawa's goalie log jam

Quote Originally Posted by Zorro View Post
    Why wouldn't the Hamburgler be traded?? His stock will never be higher..
    he is the best option for the backup position

Dobber Sports Stud

i would stay away from all sens goalie next year. anderson will most probably start the season as the starter, and remember, he has one amazing season and then one terrible season. and this past year was his amazing season.
    i think o'connor is the next overhyped, overrated college signing. he's probably the next jonas gustavsson. nothing more than an nhl backup.
    hammond will resign in ottawa, and there's not way he does what he did again - he wasn't even a good ahl goalie, so i don't see him as a good nhl goalie.
    lehner will get moved. he's the one to target in fantasy leagues, as he does have lots of talent. in the right situation he could be a starter this year.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by forsbergfan View Post
    i would stay away from all sens goalie next year. anderson will most probably start the season as the starter, and remember, he has one amazing season and then one terrible season. and this past year was his amazing season.
    i think o'connor is the next overhyped, overrated college signing. he's probably the next jonas gustavsson. nothing more than an nhl backup.
    hammond will resign in ottawa, and there's not way he does what he did again - he wasn't even a good ahl goalie, so i don't see him as a good nhl goalie.
    lehner will get moved. he's the one to target in fantasy leagues, as he does have lots of talent. in the right situation he could be a starter this year.
    If he becomes Jonas Gustafson then that's a pretty good signing

Anderson wasn't amazing this season. He was at times. But he lost his crease and got hurt.

The Great One

Lehner, by far, was the worst of the three Ottawa goalies this year. If Ottawa's goal is to make the playoffs, I think they need Anderson.....with either Hammond or Lehner as a back up.

@BigEv...I just can't see the Sens going into next year thinking that Lehner is their number 1 guy. He's coming off a terrible year, and still has a concussion. While I'd love to be able to say it's his time, and he's ready...he just hasn't shown it.

Dobber Sports Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by Atomic Wedgy View Post
    This is why I was saying ANA would sign another goalie last offseason. Didn't happen and they are doing just fine. Maybe its not so crazy?
    At the risk of being a pedant, they did bring in Bryzgalov, for whatever that was worth.

(Insert snarky comment regarding Bryz here.)

But I agree with the notion that Anderson is likely the one on the move. He's the one who would likely yield the best return, and I doubt that they consider him to be indispensable.

RETIRED

The Great One

Quote Originally Posted by Zorro View Post
    Why wouldn't the Hamburgler be traded?? His stock will never be higher..
    Although that statement may be true, I don't think his stock is very high outside of Ottawa. Despite his strong late-season run, he wasn't able to perform in the playoffs, so other teams are likely skeptical of his production and likely view him as just another goalie who went on a hot streak. There are so many troubling signs with Hammond that I doubt any team would give up much to acquire him. And of course this all assumes that Ottawa signs him to a new contract (because his is currently a UFA) and then decides to trade him. Rarely do teams sign UFAs to then turn around and trade them.

I do believe Ottawa wants to retain Hammond, but I think they envision him as a 1A/1B goalie with either Anderson or (more likely) Lehner in net.
    12 team, H2H, salary cap
    1 pt/G or A, 2 pts/W, 1 pt/OTL, 1 pt/SO

Forward: B. Point, M. Necas, A. Debrincat, T. Zegras, J. Bratt, L. Raymond
    Defense: J. Morrissey, A. DeAngelo, S. Gostisbehere, D. Doughty
    Goalie: T. Demko, E. Merzlikins
    Bench: M. Rossi, C. Glass, M. Maccelli, M. Dumba, K. Shattenkirk, F. Andersen
    Prospects of Note: L. Stankoven, J. Lekkerimaki, D. Yurov, B. Clarke

League has been running continuously since 1997-98

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by als_revenge View Post
    Lehner, by far, was the worst of the three Ottawa goalies this year. If Ottawa's goal is to make the playoffs, I think they need Anderson.....with either Hammond or Lehner as a back up.

@BigEv...I just can't see the Sens going into next year thinking that Lehner is their number 1 guy. He's coming off a terrible year, and still has a concussion. While I'd love to be able to say it's his time, and he's ready...he just hasn't shown it.
    i think they make the playoffs regardless of who is in net, because I see them improving in other areas such as getting a top six forward after the goalie trade. Actually they will make it regardless if they make any other moves in my opinion

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by SeaDawg View Post
    Although that statement may be true, I don't think his stock is very high outside of Ottawa. Despite his strong late-season run, he wasn't able to perform in the playoffs, so other teams are likely skeptical of his production and likely view him as just another goalie who went on a hot streak. There are so many troubling signs with Hammond that I doubt any team would give up much to acquire him. And of course this all assumes that Ottawa signs him to a new contract (because his is currently a UFA) and then decides to trade him. Rarely do teams sign UFAs to then turn around and trade them.

I do believe Ottawa wants to retain Hammond, but I think they envision him as a 1A/1B goalie with either Anderson or (more likely) Lehner in net.
    i think they envision him as a backup and I think he envisions himself as a backup. He is just happy to get an nhl contract at this point and he won't be pushing for the number one role like Amderson or Lehner.

Dobber Sports Ace

If they want to really make a push to keep improving, the strongest bet is definitely in giving Anderson the reigns.

Banned

Garrioch says Lehner would get the highest return so in that case he would be gone

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by Big Ev View Post
    Garrioch says Lehner would get the highest return so in that case he would be gone
    Finally coming around are ya?

As much as I would want to see it happen, I just don't see them moving Anderson.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    Finally coming around are ya?

As much as I would want to see it happen, I just don't see them moving Anderson.
    Again if he can get the highest return he will be gone. For all Anderson has proven in the playoffs he's only won one series in his career

Dobber Sports Superstar

I'm in the boat that can't see the Sens trading Anderson if their plan is to compete next season. He is their only goalie who has played an entire season. Lehner and Hammond have only had spot starts or hot hand runs and neither has shown they can handle a full season of work yet.

As an outside observer, if they trade Anderson, to me that's a signal that they don't think they will be competitive next year. For that reason I see them trying to move Lehner.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Kofax View Post
    I'm in the boat that can't see the Sens trading Anderson if their plan is to compete next season. He is their only goalie who has played an entire season. Lehner and Hammond have only had spot starts or hot hand runs and neither has shown they can handle a full season of work yet.

As an outside observer, if they trade Anderson, to me that's a signal that they don't think they will be competitive next year. For that reason I see them trying to move Lehner.
    I disagree with that because they made the playoffs this season without Anderson. If you trade Anderson to help bring in a Top 6 forward or Top 4 d-man that signals you are staying the course and going for a run + you have the goalie depth to ensure one guy will grab the reigns. I don't think we're a Cup contender regardless of who is in net next year unless we add one or two of those pieces, which I think Anderson can bring, but Garrioch seems to think Lehner can bring that (or pieces from his deal to use in another deal).

Dobber Sports Genius

It's true that Ottawa made the playoffs essentially without Anderson but they made the playoffs due to an incredible goaltender run. Something that is far more likely to be repeated through Anderson rather than through Lehner or Hammond IMO.

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by rainydrinkwater View Post
    It's true that Ottawa made the playoffs essentially without Anderson but they made the playoffs due to an incredible goaltender run. Something that is far more likely to be repeated through Anderson rather than through Lehner or Hammond IMO.
    Agreed.

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust