Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Ottawa's goalie log jam

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Default Ottawa's goalie log jam

With today's news of Matt O'Connor signing with the Ottawa Senators, I beleive Lehner or Anderson will be moved.

Who is getting moved?

Possible landing spots for either?
    Head to head. Keeper league. PTS ONLY. 12 team

8F: Stamkos, Giroux, Kopitar, P. Kane, Eberle, Kucherov, Tarasenko, Sharp
    Bench: Gaborik, Spezza, Boedker, Little, Maroon

4D: Letang, Shattenkirk, Hedman, Doughty

Bench: Sekera, Schultz

2G: Rask, F. Andersen

Bench: Miller, Raanta

Dobber Sports Deity

Default Re: Ottawa's goalie log jam

Quote Originally Posted by Hockey6723 View Post
    With today's news of Matt O'Connor signing with the Ottawa Senators, I beleive Lehner or Anderson will be moved.

Who is getting moved?

GM Bryan Murray has already stated if Hammond gets re-signed, he will move one of Lehner or Anderson so this really shouldn't come as a surprise.

As far as who's going, it's really too early to say. I am sure there will be inquiries for both.

I would love to see Edmonton trade for Craig Anderson but not Lehner.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Banned

Edmonton, San Jose, Arizona, Buffalo, and St. Louis (Anderson) are probably the top contenders. Maybe Winnipeg as well

Banned

I don't see them moving Anderson. Neither will bring a big return (goalies just don't). And a team gunning to make noise in the playoffs doesn't head into a season with two unprovens in net.

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by 27Blue View Post
    I don't see them moving Anderson. Neither will bring a big return (goalies just don't). And a team gunning to make noise in the playoffs doesn't head into a season with two unprovens in net.
    This has been my train of thought as well. I just don't see the Sens moving Anderson.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Banned

I can still see it. He makes the most money and will net a decent return to a desperate team. I think his playoffs has blinded people a little bit. Even playing well he has only won one series with the Sens or Avs. I think they can improve other areas by trading him and they wouldn't have a big downgrade in net but that's because I believe in Lehner. I understand moving either one of them or Hammond, though. It's all a moot point if Hammond doesn't sign.

i think another team will take a pricey contract like Greening or Legwand or Cowen if you trade them Anderson

Administrator

Let's remember though that O'Connor is still several years away from being NHL ready, so other than the Hammond factor, there's really no rush to trade anyone at this point. And frankly, if I were Hammond's agent, I'd be lobbying vigourously for him to explore the UFA market in July because this may well be his only chance to do so.....
    Dobbernomics.com | Twitter @dobbernomics
    FantasyHockeyGeek.com | Twitter @FantasyHockeyGk

G(2), A(1), +-(1), PIM(0.25), PPP(2), SHP(3), HITS(0.1), BS(0.1), W(5), L(-2), SV(0.2), GA(-1), SO(5)

Dobber Sports Legend

Although unlikely, I would like to see...

Anderson/Lehner+ to Edmonton for Eberle.
    8-GM / WK-H2H
    Forwards: G=2, A=1, PP/SH= +1, GWG= +2, Shootout G=1, HT= +1
    D-Men/Captain: G=3/A=2
    Goalies: W=3, OTL=1, SO= +2, SV= .10

Start = 13F, 6D, 2G / Keep 44 (3G)
    Captain: Matthews
    (F): MacKinnon, Pasta, Marner, Rantanen, Malkin, Barkov, M.Tkachuk, W.Nylander, Pettersson, Gaudreau, Laine, Keller, Miller, B.Tkachuk, Stutzle, DeBrincat, L.Raymond, K.Johnson, Cozens, Quinn, Guenther, Kulich, Cooley
    (D): Makar, Dahlin, Q.Hughes, Ekblad, Rielly, Werenski, Letang, Jones, Chychrun,
    Seider, Edvinsson, Jiricek, Korchinski, Mintyukov, Ceulemans, Hutson
    (G): Shesterkin, Demko, Vejmelka

The Great One

Hammond will re-sign with the Sens. He won't get a better offer anywhere else because despite his late-season run, he hasn't proven anything. Ottawa gives him the best chance to be a starter and he is a fan favorite. Him signing is a win-win situation for both him and the Sens. O'Connor will spend two to three years in the minors, honing his skills. Hammond and Lehner will be the tandem going into next season. Lehner is a very good goalie, and Hammond has shown that he can be counted on to play well if Lehner falters.

I don't think Anderson will net a huge return, but I believe he has the most value on the trade market. Teams looking to add a goalie will be more interested in one who has been a starter before. From the Sens perspective, he is also the most likely to be traded because he earns the most money and he is signed longer than Lehner. I believe they'd prefer to get that contract off the books and roll with their youngsters in net.

The Sens will be just fine with Lehner/Hammond. There won't be any noticeable drop off in net for them.

Anderson on another team (my bet is San Jose) will have decent numbers. I think Niemi goes to Edmonton via free agency. San Jose doesn't want Niemi and I don't think they will rely on Stalock. Edmonton isn't as likely to give up assets for Anderson when they know Niemi could be signed via free agency.
    12 team, H2H, salary cap
    1 pt/G or A, 2 pts/W, 1 pt/OTL, 1 pt/SO

Forward: B. Point, M. Necas, A. Debrincat, T. Zegras, J. Bratt, L. Raymond
    Defense: J. Morrissey, A. DeAngelo, S. Gostisbehere, D. Doughty
    Goalie: T. Demko, E. Merzlikins
    Bench: M. Rossi, C. Glass, M. Maccelli, M. Dumba, K. Shattenkirk, F. Andersen
    Prospects of Note: L. Stankoven, J. Lekkerimaki, D. Yurov, B. Clarke

League has been running continuously since 1997-98

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Quote Originally Posted by SeaDawg View Post
    Hammond will re-sign with the Sens. He won't get a better offer anywhere else because despite his late-season run, he hasn't proven anything. Ottawa gives him the best chance to be a starter and he is a fan favorite. Him signing is a win-win situation for both him and the Sens. O'Connor will spend two to three years in the minors, honing his skills. Hammond and Lehner will be the tandem going into next season. Lehner is a very good goalie, and Hammond has shown that he can be counted on to play well if Lehner falters.

I don't think Anderson will net a huge return, but I believe he has the most value on the trade market. Teams looking to add a goalie will be more interested in one who has been a starter before. From the Sens perspective, he is also the most likely to be traded because he earns the most money and he is signed longer than Lehner. I believe they'd prefer to get that contract off the books and roll with their youngsters in net.

The Sens will be just fine with Lehner/Hammond. There won't be any noticeable drop off in net for them.

Anderson on another team (my bet is San Jose) will have decent numbers. I think Niemi goes to Edmonton via free agency. San Jose doesn't want Niemi and I don't think they will rely on Stalock. Edmonton isn't as likely to give up assets for Anderson when they know Niemi could be signed via free agency.
    Well put. I don't see Anderson fetching much, if he is dealt. But I agree he probably commands a touch more than lehner.
    Head to head. Keeper league. PTS ONLY. 12 team

8F: Stamkos, Giroux, Kopitar, P. Kane, Eberle, Kucherov, Tarasenko, Sharp
    Bench: Gaborik, Spezza, Boedker, Little, Maroon

4D: Letang, Shattenkirk, Hedman, Doughty

Bench: Sekera, Schultz

2G: Rask, F. Andersen

Bench: Miller, Raanta

Dobber Sports Initiate

Quote Originally Posted by SeaDawg View Post

This makes a lot of sense, I believe the Oilers will sign Todd Mclellan as coach and he is very familiar with Niemi and this could make that an easier signing to make.
    WHL - World Hockey League (24-Team Daily H2H)
    Weighted Scoring: G(1),A(1),PPP(0.5),+/-(0.5), SOG/PIM/HIT/BLK(all 0.05), FOW-C(0.01)

Edmonton Roadrunners

C(3): Tavares, Couture, Girgensons
    LW(3): Helm, Ott, Soderberg
    RW(3): Ryan, Gallagher, Simmonds
    F(3): Hemsky, Paquette, Markus Granlund
    D(6): OEL, Gudas, Johnson, Savard, Quincey, Wideman
    G(1): Halak, Smith, Lindback
    Bench: Stoll, Stajan, Mckenzie, Pulkkinen

Prospects(10): Straka, Chartier, Crouse, EK Eriksson, Tuch, Koekkoek, Max Reinhart, Zboril, Bibeau, Jarry

RIP- Phil Philthy Animal Taylor- September 21, 1954-November 11, 2015.

Dobber Sports Monster

I wrote this in another thread...

I can't see Murray trusting Hammond with the #1 gig long-term and Lehner as backup. I believe the Sens will trade Lehner, sign Hammond to backup Anderson. The issue comes in with Lehner not being 100% healthy with concussion issues which could play a role in what value they could get in return for him. It's a bit dicey but after all is said and done I believe Anderson stays in Ottawa as the starter and Hammond as backup.

Quote Originally Posted by Hockey6723 View Post

Who is getting moved?

Dobber Sports Master

Quote Originally Posted by 27Blue View Post
    This is why I was saying ANA would sign another goalie last offseason. Didn't happen and they are doing just fine. Maybe its not so crazy?

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Shake View Post
    I wrote this in another thread...

I can't see Murray trusting Hammond with the #1 gig long-term and Lehner as backup. I believe the Sens will trade Lehner, sign Hammond to backup Anderson. The issue comes in with Lehner not being 100% healthy with concussion issues which could play a role in what value they could get in return for him. It's a bit dicey but after all is said and done I believe Anderson stays in Ottawa as the starter and Hammond as backup.
    Lehner wouldn't be the backup. Hammond would be.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Atomic Wedgy View Post
    This is why I was saying ANA would sign another goalie last offseason. Didn't happen and they are doing just fine. Maybe its not so crazy?
    And the Blues as well. Didn't work for them but they went with unproven talents this year

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

Why wouldn't the Hamburgler be traded?? His stock will never be higher..
    Zorro says "vote for Dobber"
    Angus is my best friend at dobberhockey..