Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: What would you prefer?

Dobber Sports Stud

Default Re: What would you prefer?

If it's a partial keeper, I take McDavid every time.

If it's a dynasty, I can see the appeal of multiple picks in what appears to be a very strong draft class... especially with an elite prospect at pick 2.

Still though, as ZTKing mentioned, you'll almost certainly be able to get more for McDavid than 3 great prospects. I take the best asset here.
    RHRS, Yahoo, 12-team, Roto
    PQMC, Yahoo, 12-team, Keep 11, H2H
    Taro Tsujimoto Draft League, Fantrax, 6-team, pts-only (*2018 draftees or later only)
    Hanson Bros., Fantrax, 10-Team, Keep 8, weighted scoring
    Black & Blue, Fantrax, 12-Team, Dynasty, H2H weighted
    The Dream Team League, Fantrax, 14-Team, Dynasty, H2H
    On Frozen Ponds, Fantrax 10-Team, Dynasty, Roto

​"When I do not know who I am I serve you, and when I do know who I am, you and I are one." - Hanuman-ji

Dobber Sports Icon

This depends completely on the size of the league and the current make up of your team. In my 30 team full dynasty league, I would take McDavid for my team as I have a lot of depth and am competing for the championship each year right now. If I was managing any of about 20 other teams in the league, I would take the 3 picks. The easy thing to do is look at replacement cost/value. Who would you be replacing in your lineup with McDavid or the draft picks? On my team, I would be replacing solid 2nd or 3rd line NHL guys with the extra picks while other teams would be replacing AHL guys.

Dobber Sports Initiate

Quality over quantity... McDavid. Not to slight Eichel, but I don't see them as being that close.