Thread: Lineup Moves...

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Default Lineup Moves...

Ok, here's the deal:

Jose Fernandez went undrafted this year in my keeper league. I want him. He's scheduled to return in mid/late June and I'm pretty confident he'll be back to his stud ways in no time. So I want to stash him on my DL. This will require some moves.

1. Drop Jimmy Rollins and Pick up Fernandez to stash on the DL, problem is I have Lucroy on my DL and only one DL spot, so he will need to go. Norris seems to be more than capable to handle catcher duties, but I know that Lucroy could significantly out produce when he returns. So it's risky.
    2. Once Fernandez is stashed, I have a roster spot freed up to pick up another SS. Likely Addison Russell, or Cozart or Segura... plenty of choices who could do just as well as Rollins.
    3. Once Fernandez is back, I'll have to drop a pitcher. My guess is that Kazmir's deal with the devil will have expired by then and I should be able to drop him safely.

Is letting Lucroy go too big of a gamble? I can keep 4 for next year and without a doubt two would be Pederson and Springer. Fernandez would be an amazing keeper, and maybe Keuchel turns into an ace this year....

I'm currently in first and aim to stay there all year

Thoughts?
    12 Team Keeper League. Cannot keep anyone drafted in the first 3 rounds.
    Standard Yahoo Points League, that skews more in favour of elite pitching:

Team:
    C: D. Norris; 1B: T. Frazier; 2B: D. Pedroia; 3B: M. Machado; SS: B. Crawford; OF(3): M. Brantley; A. McCutchen; J. Pederson UTIL: G. Springer (OF);

SP(3): S. Strasburg; M. Bumgarner; J. Lester
    RP (2): D. Robertson; A. Miller
    P(2): J. Axford; D. Salazar
    BN (2 of any type of player) J. Odorizzi; D. Keuchel
    DL: J. Fernandez

Dobber Sports Titan

Default Re: Lineup Moves...

I feel like Lucroy is back in the next couple of days. He’s missed at least 10 games. I’d just drop Norris and put Lucroy in the lineup. Your team is strong enough to deal with that for a few weeks. And honestly, I don’t know how JF is not owned in your KEEPER league. He was a keeper for a team in my league.

Do whatever you can to get JF on your team. He’s a stud. He is prolly 2nd or 3rd best pitcher in the league. Kershaw, Harvey, JF.
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

Dobber Sports Sophomore

He's gone 4-6 weeks, placed on the DL on April 20. I don't think he will be back until June at the earliest.

I can do without Rollins for a while as Derek Norris has been much more fantasy relevant... decisions decisions...

Team:
    C: D. Norris; 1B: T. Frazier; 2B: D. Pedroia; 3B: M. Machado; SS: B. Crawford; OF(3): M. Brantley; A. McCutchen; J. Pederson UTIL: G. Springer (OF);

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by StressQ View Post
    He's gone 4-6 weeks, placed on the DL on April 20. I don't think he will be back until June at the earliest.

I can do without Rollins for a while as Derek Norris has been much more fantasy relevant... decisions decisions...
    Oh damn, I thought it was more of a 2 week thing. Trade him would be great. They’re selling off assets now the Brewers and him and Braun may be the only bats left. Not much teeth in that lineup to be scared of.
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

Dobber Sports Initiate

Getting Fernandez would be great. How active is this league? Do you have time to try to work out a 2 for 1 deal? Giving up Lucroy and Rollins for Fernandez and a SS filler is fine long term, but when you say you're looking to win this year, it makes me hesitant.

2010, 2014, & 2024 WJC Pool Champion, 2020 Runner-Up

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Your league doesn't look deep enough to trade Rollins or Lucroy for anything valuable. I'd just drop Rollins and Lucroy, stash Fernandez and pickup whomever for SS. Lucroy is a solid catcher but not a keeper and there's a solid chance that he does not outperform Norris for the rest of the season.
    10 Team Yahoo H2H Keep 5 G, A, PPP, FOW, SOG, HITS, BLKS, W, GAA, SV, SV%
    C,C,LW,LW,RW,RW,F,F,D,D,D,D,G,G,BN,BN,BN,BN,BN,IR+ ,IR+
    Keepers:
    Makar, J. Hughes, T. Meier, K. Connor, Ovechkin

Dobber Sports Sophomore

The league is pretty active. It's just half filled with people who don't know enough or are not interested enough to keep pace. I'd love to make a 2 for 1 trade. What's a reasonable get for Lucroy and Rollins? All the SS are crap, so I'd probably target a good relief pitcher.

I think the play is to drop Rollins (who just hit a homerun of course) and Lucroy and stash JF. I think Russell is the guy to pick up. I don't think he'll be at the bottom of the lineup much longer.

The injuries to Strasburg and Springer last night certainly didn't help much...

Team:

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

If you want a shortstop to keep an eye on his name is Carlos Correa. If he gets the call he is an immediate pickup
    10 Team Yahoo H2H Keep 5 G, A, PPP, FOW, SOG, HITS, BLKS, W, GAA, SV, SV%
    C,C,LW,LW,RW,RW,F,F,D,D,D,D,G,G,BN,BN,BN,BN,BN,IR+ ,IR+
    Keepers:
    Makar, J. Hughes, T. Meier, K. Connor, Ovechkin

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Yup. I've got him on my watch list. There's no consensus on when he's getting called up. Some say a few weeks and other a few months. But he's tearing it up in AAA.

Anyway, made the move. Dropped Rollins and Lucroy, picked up JF and Addison Russell. Lots of SS who will get me the same as Rollins on the WW, so I'm not concerned.

Team: