Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Way Too Early First Round Rookie Fantasy Takes

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Default Way Too Early First Round Rookie Fantasy Takes

Todd Gurley was selected 10th overall by the St. Louis Rams in the 2015 NFL draft. Read on to find out where you should take him in your dynasty rookie drafts in these way too early rookie rankings.

Top 10 through round 1 of the NFL draft

Dobber Sports Deity

Default Re: Way Too Early First Round Rookie Fantasy Takes

I assume this ranking is for keeper leagues. Hard to say if Gurley even plays this year or not.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Good stuff, Matt, thanks for getting that up. Here's to insomnia!

So. I am really trying to make sense of the TEN pick.They already have in Mettenberger arguably the best pure pocket passer of his draft class (albeit an oft injured one).

In order to have any chance at a sustained career as an NFL QB these rooks will ultimately have to learn the subtitles of navigating and throwing from tight pocket. Mariota's experience is that of a college spread w/nary a muddied pocket.

TEN's Oline sucks. So it's a safe bet Mariota will see PLENTY of muddied pockets and the coaching staff will have to re-train him to become a better pocket passer from under center. Really needs to work on his anticipation throws. One who won't always have the benefit of schemed opened receivers.

Thus, they need Mariota to develop more Mettenberger-like qualities. Am I missing something here??
    @SmittysRant

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    I assume this ranking is for keeper leagues. Hard to say if Gurley even plays this year or not.
    yes definitely for dynasty leagues. Why are you concerned about Gurley playing this year? The ACL or Mason? Neither will be a huge obstacle imo.

Quote Originally Posted by Bomm Bastic View Post
    Good stuff, Matt, thanks for getting that up. Here's to insomnia!

So. I am really trying to make sense of the TEN pick.They already have in Mettenberger arguably the best pure pocket passer of his draft class (albeit an oft injured one).

In order to have any chance at a sustained career as an NFL QB these rooks will ultimately have to learn the subtitles of navigating and throwing from tight pocket. Mariota's experience is that of a college spread w/nary a muddied pocket.

TEN's Oline sucks. So it's a safe bet Mariota will see PLENTY of muddied pockets and the coaching staff will have to re-train him to become a better pocket passer from under center. Really needs to work on his anticipation throws. One who won't always have the benefit of schemed opened receivers.

Thus, they need Mariota to develop more Mettenberger-like qualities. Am I missing something here??
    I don't like the pick either Will but I think it was the right one. He is still a very tradeable commodity so who knows if he stays with the Titans. If he does stay then Whiz will have to do something he has never successfully done before - build an offense with a QB that isn't going to the hall of fame. I don't think the weapons fit Mariota's style at all but we could be selling the kid short. He succeeded at everything he was asked to do at Oregon and it isn't really his fault he hasn't shown the other skills as he wasn't asked to do so. That's why he is is such a tough evaluation. The negatives aren't really negative they are just unknowns. We don't KNOW that he can't play in amore traditional offense because he was never asked to do so.

If they build the offense around him then maybe we see an RG3 like rookie year, hopefully without the same catastrophic fall that RG3 has taken after his rookie season.

Oh, absolutely. I'm not trying to imply that Mariota is incapable of becoming an NFL starter. No. My point is merely from an organizational perspective. The Titans will spend the next year or two (best case scenario) developing traits in Mariota's game already found in Mettenberger's.

And I recognize Mett's injury history, and next year's QB class isn't that hot. But with so many glaring needs all over their roster....just sayin'.
    @SmittysRant

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Price View Post
    yes definitely for dynasty leagues. Why are you concerned about Gurley playing this year? The ACL or Mason? Neither will be a huge obstacle imo.
    It's more the ACL than Mason although, I won't lie, I was surprised that they took Gurley here. I thought Mason ran pretty well for them when he finally landed the starting job.

And what the hell happened to Zac Stacy???

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Grand Master

It's more the ACL than Mason although, I won't lie, I was surprised that they took Gurley here. I thought Mason ran pretty well for them when he finally landed the starting job.

And what the hell happened to Zac Stacy???
    He's kinda bad? Yea that.

Also lots of medical experts expect Gurley to miss the first month of the season. Ignoring that because of "your own opinion" is just uh. Yea. Dumb. And he'll probably get eased in after that.

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by rataylor22 View Post
    He's kinda bad? Yea that.

Also lots of medical experts expect Gurley to miss the first month of the season. Ignoring that because of "your own opinion" is just uh. Yea. Dumb. And he'll probably get eased in after that.
    Kinda bad? The kid had multiple 100+ yard games in his rookie season in 2013. I am not sure I would call him bad.

Please tell me you did not just call my opinion "dumb". Calling anyones opinion on here "dumb" is simply not cool.

Kinda bad? The kid had multiple 100+ yard games in his rookie season in 2013. I am not sure I would call him bad.

Please tell me you did not just call my opinion "dumb". Calling anyones opinion on here "dumb" is simply not cool.
    Did you read what I wrote? I guess if your opinion is Gurley will be ready to play week 1, when multiple medical experts say it's likely he will miss the first month, well then yes I called that part of your opinion dumb.

Trent Richardson also had multiple 100+ yard games in his first season.

Dobber Sports Deity

Did you read what I wrote? I guess if your opinion is Gurley will be ready to play week 1, when multiple medical experts say it's likely he will miss the first month, well then yes I called that part of your opinion dumb.

Trent Richardson also had multiple 100+ yard games in his first season.
    First off, do not call peoples opinions on here "dumb". The majority of posts on these forums are opinions and calling anyones opinion dumb is simply not accepted.

And second, if you go back and read my other "opinions" in this thread, I was questioning Gurley at #10 because of his ACL injury. I do not expect him to start the season at all. I am not even sure when he will be ready to play.

Then again, that's my opinion, as dumb as it may be.

First off, do not call peoples opinions on here "dumb". The majority of posts on these forums are opinions and calling anyones opinion dumb is simply not accepted.

And second, if you go back and read my other "opinions" in this thread, I was questioning Gurley at #10 because of his ACL injury. I do not expect him to start the season at all. I am not even sure when he will be ready to play.

Then again, that's my opinion, as dumb as it may be.
    Wow you're touchy this morning. You seem to not understand that my first post quoting your post, the top line was referring to what you posed, the rest was independent. But shit man, I know it's early but crack a beer maybe. Chill a little bit. Relax.

Or give me an infraction. But an opinion on a players medical condition ignoring all pertinent data and more informed medical expertsis kind've like the opinion that vaccines are bad. IE dumb.

Dobber Sports Deity

Wow you're touchy this morning. You seem to not understand that my first post quoting your post, the top line was referring to what you posed, the rest was independent. But shit man, I know it's early but crack a beer maybe. Chill a little bit. Relax.

Or give me an infraction. But an opinion on a players medical condition ignoring all pertinent data and more informed medical expertsis kind've like the opinion that vaccines are bad. IE dumb.
    It's got nothing to do with being touchy, or the time or day. I am simply asking you to not call anyones opinions on here "dumb". Please and thank you.

There's other ways to get your voice across without having to be insulting.

lol...right?!

...and the regular season is still four months out. Gonna be a long Summer.
    @SmittysRant