Thread: Need Help with Keepers and Prospect Keeper selection

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Question Need Help with Keepers and Prospect Keeper selection

The league is below in the signature. We can have 24 players and 20 Prospects

I have shown the keepers as I have them right now but would like peoples comments on the keepers.

Ie Right now I have on the out being
    Burrows: High salary cap and little production
    St.Louis: His production is still decent but not for the current salary cap. Purhaps if he signs to a more cap friendly number.
    Read: His production really dropped off this year but, his other stats have been decent. I am currently up against the cap wall. Does He get Better?
    Reaves: Would like to find a way to fit him in for his hits, but he is not providing much else
    Smith: This is a tough decision on the defense side of things. I worry a bit about his cap hit as he is a RFA. What will he do?
    Staal: His new deal is to big of a cap hit
    Seidenberg: I have too much cap tied up in defense
    Kulikov: I have too much cap tied up in defense

Is there someone I should be keeping? Is there someone else to drop
    Koivu: Big salary hit and point production is not there. He does provide in other areas though.
    Hayes: Has been fairly successful in FL. But what is his new contract worth?

Could use some help on my prospects as well.
    I have 21 prospects listed so I have to drop or promote one of the prospects.

Other prospects I have include:
    Bachman, Kahkonen, Morin, Slepyshev, Karlsson, Walman

Would you keep Vanecek or Kahkonen for a goalie prospect?
    Do you think that Morin would succeed in Columbus?

Current cap is at 89Million, Prospects are free. I am currently at 82.1 million with my proposed lineup but have Hickey, Hayes and Stone that still need to be signed.

Technically I could move Jenner and Stone to the Prospects due to games played but I don't think that I could bring up anyone better than them next year.

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

As a side note I have entry draft picks 7,22,23,27,33,37,66. And they do not could against the roster or prospect limit for 1 year.
    C:Barbashev,Monahan,stephensen,Jenner, Bennett
    LW:Forsberg,Huberdeau,Jeannot, Kreider, Marchand
    RW: Konecny, Pastrnak, Kaliyev,Zadina, Zuccarello, Wheeler
    D: Bouchard, Carlson, Chabot, Jones, Pietrangelo, Weegar, Valimaki
    G:Hart, Vanecek, Montembeau

Forward Prospects: Frost, Glass, Kostin, Tomasino, Berggren, McLeod R., Veleno, Robertson N., Lapierre, Nadeau, Suzuki, Thomas, Barlow,Jarventie, Martino, Bokk, Edmonds, Firkus, Lysell, Rosen
    Defense Prospects:Walman, Liljegren, Benoit, Grans, Korchinski
    Goalie Prospects: Francouz, Vladar, Ersson, Rodrigue, Bjarnason

I...am your father.

Default Re: Need Help with Keepers and Prospect Keeper selection

Big question
    Lots of questions, break them up and you'll get a lot more feedback.

Your drops are bang on.

Stone will be a stud (if healthy), bank on it. And treat him like a Ladd or Wheeler. Don't worry about him. Drop Hickey and Hayes, won't be worth keeping. Because I get the sense that you need to roll back salary.

I'm having my doubts about Morin in CBJ. If you ask that as a separate thread you'll get lots of feedback. I don't count him out, but I'm having doubts

Vanecek vs. Kahkonen I take Vanecek, but neither thrill me because I hate waiting five years on goalies so I don't look at it as a life or death decision. This is another separate question that could have it's own thread and get tons of responses.

Looks like your team is well into a rebuild, as you have no superstars other than AP (well, maybe Hudler and Carlson too), but some could be on the way (Carlson, Stone, Monahan, maybe Yak). And yet despite this, you are paying a lot of cap space for it. I think you need to move some expensive pieces - Jenner is overpriced, Voynov may not be back, Coyle is finding a niche as a valuable third liner
    The Best Fantasy Hockey Site

15-Team Keeper, points only, best 12 fwd, 4 dman, 2 G count. Playoffs count.

F - T. Thompson, Thomas, Nylander, Tarasenko, Arvidsson, Guentzel, Fiala, Quinn, Mittelstadt, Hagel, Zacha, Roslovic, Berggren, Brink, Ostlund
    G - Kahkonen, Vejmelka, L. Thompson, Levi, Comrie
    D - Hronek, Morrissey, Lundkvist, Girard, Brannstrom, Rathbone, Hanifin, Severson, Durzi