Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: Sick of hearing Edmonton as "worst McDavid landing spot"

The Great One

Default Re: Sick of hearing Edmonton as "worst McDavid landing spot"

Quote Originally Posted by ericdaoust View Post
    I bet Schultz could do the job just fine if he was surrounded with more capable defenders.
    He can skate, pass, has very good offensive instincts, and can sneak backdoor as good as any dman out there, but he does not have a very good shot from the point.

If they paired him with a big shooter (like Cody Franson), I think he'd be fine. That said, if they landed someone like Cody Franson, they might decide to use him with 4 forwards. I could see Franson, McDavid, Hall, Eberle, and putting another forward in front of the net.
    12 team, H2H, salary cap
    1 pt/G or A, 2 pts/W, 1 pt/OTL, 1 pt/SO

Forward: B. Point, M. Necas, A. Debrincat, T. Zegras, J. Bratt, L. Raymond
    Defense: J. Morrissey, A. DeAngelo, S. Gostisbehere, D. Doughty
    Goalie: T. Demko, E. Merzlikins
    Bench: M. Rossi, C. Glass, M. Maccelli, M. Dumba, K. Shattenkirk, F. Andersen
    Prospects of Note: L. Stankoven, J. Lekkerimaki, D. Yurov, B. Clarke

League has been running continuously since 1997-98

Is Schultz worth keeping as solely a PP special teamer? Cuz he's certainly not very good defensively.
    @SmittysRant

Dobber Sports Padawan

Quote Originally Posted by Bomm Bastic View Post
    Is Schultz worth keeping as solely a PP special teamer? Cuz he's certainly not very good defensively.
    I'd give Schultz the keys to the second PP. I think they need someone with a big shot to power the first one, with the use of 4 forwards, as mentioned previously. Franson comes to mind, but he's got defensive issues that would make me stay away from giving him that huge contract.
    10 teams Keeper league, ROTO, no Cap Hit. 27 players, keep 23.
    Roster Positions: 3C, 3LW, 3RW, 2F, 5D, Util, 2G, 10IR+

Forwards/Defensemen Stat Categories: G, A, P, +/-, PPG, PPA, SOG, Hits
    G Stat Categories: W, GAA, SV%, SHO

2014-15 Champion.

C : Backstrom, Tavares, Nelson, Nielsen, Bonino
    LW : Ovechkin, Giroux, Steen, J.Bailey, Killorn
    RW : Malkin, Stamkos, Jaskin, Voracek, Seguin, Okposo
    D : Weber, Hedman, Karlsson, Yandle, Hamonic, Severson, DeAngelo
    G : Rinne, MAF, Anderson
    IR :E.Kane, B.Connolly, Buff

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Calm yourself Dobbs! Main reasoning behind all the angry fans is the fact they have 4 1st overalls in 6 years!! It's not fair and an embarrassment to the teams legacy and rather disheartening to the interests of McDavids development as their process in Edm is a work in progress. It is hard to argue with that, No?

Fire Lowe and MacT and i would sleep alot better on it.
    18 team Dynasty Head 2 Head - 25 man Roster - (Keep as many as you want)
    G A P PPA PPG HITS GWG SOG
    W SV% SHO

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by TheBadger View Post
    Calm yourself Dobbs! Main reasoning behind all the angry fans is the fact they have 4 1st overalls in 6 years!! It's not fair and an embarrassment to the teams legacy and rather disheartening to the interests of McDavids development as their process in Edm is a work in progress. It is hard to argue with that, No?

Fire Lowe and MacT and i would sleep alot better on it.
    The only fans who should be mad are Oilers fans. If you are not an Oilers fan then why worry about the Oilers and their draft picks.

And they did fire Lowe today. Well, they moved him to the business side of things from the hockey side but same diff. You can sleep a little easier tonight.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by Bomm Bastic View Post
    Agreed re Nurse. That kid is going to be a menace to opposing forwards for many years to come. Just get yourselves a PPQB and you'll be fine on the back end (goalie issues notwithstanding)
    Mike Green??
    Zorro says "vote for Dobber"
    Angus is my best friend at dobberhockey..

Dobber Sports Sage

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    The only fans who should be mad are Oilers fans. If you are not an Oilers fan then why worry about the Oilers and their draft picks.

The reason we are not happy is because Edmonton doesn't deserve the pick. People are not happy over how lucky they have been. I'm also not happy since I won't be able to watch him much.
    10 Team, 60 Player Roster
    G, A, PTS, PPP, PIM, BLKs, Hits, +/-, Shots, W, GAA, SV%, Saves
    C- JHughes, Trocheck, RThomas, Zegras, Norris, Bennett, PLD, Stephenson, Danualt
    RW- Raymond, Stone, TWilson, Toffoli, KJohnson, Nyqvist, Zary
    LW- Keller, Schmaltz, Bunting, Skinner, Barbashev, Duclair
    D- QHughes, McAvoy, Doughty, Heiskanen, LHughes, Mintyukov
    G- Shesterkin, Demko, Andersen, Kahkonen, Levi, Tarasov, Annunen

Notable Prospects- Nikishin, Kulich, Leonard, Wood, Perreault, Lekkermaki, Ostlund, Othmman, REvans, L-Heureux, Ivanov, Murashov

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by Daydream Nation View Post
    The reason we are not happy is because Edmonton doesn't deserve the pick. People are not happy over how lucky they have been. I'm also not happy since I won't be able to watch him much.
    Doesn't deserve the pick? How do you explain that? How do you explain anyone deserving the pick? It's a lottery and everyone in the lottery had a chance to win it. Some had a better chance and some had a harder chance but it was simply the luck of the draw. And to say that people are not happy about how lucky that have been? That's just silly. Why be mad at someone elses good fortunes. It was luck. That's like saying you're mad because someone just won a car in a draw. That's simply petty and reeks of jealousy.

As I have said, the only fans who should really be upset are Oilers fans that we are even still in that position where we have to worry about lottery picks.

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Sage

Doesn't deserve the pick? How do you explain that? How do you explain anyone deserving the pick? It's a lottery and everyone in the lottery had a chance to win it. Some had a better chance and some had a harder chance but it was simply the luck of the draw. And to say that people are not happy about how lucky that have been? That's just silly. Why be mad at someone elses good fortunes. It was luck. That's like saying you're mad because someone just won a car in a draw. That's simply petty and reeks of jealousy.

As I have said, the only fans who should really be upset are Oilers fans that we are even still in that position where we have to worry about lottery picks.
    The Oilers don't deserve to be this lucky over the last 10 years. People are tired of the Oilers having their futility rewarded with the #1 draft pick.
    10 Team, 60 Player Roster
    G, A, PTS, PPP, PIM, BLKs, Hits, +/-, Shots, W, GAA, SV%, Saves
    C- JHughes, Trocheck, RThomas, Zegras, Norris, Bennett, PLD, Stephenson, Danualt
    RW- Raymond, Stone, TWilson, Toffoli, KJohnson, Nyqvist, Zary
    LW- Keller, Schmaltz, Bunting, Skinner, Barbashev, Duclair
    D- QHughes, McAvoy, Doughty, Heiskanen, LHughes, Mintyukov
    G- Shesterkin, Demko, Andersen, Kahkonen, Levi, Tarasov, Annunen

Notable Prospects- Nikishin, Kulich, Leonard, Wood, Perreault, Lekkermaki, Ostlund, Othmman, REvans, L-Heureux, Ivanov, Murashov

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by Daydream Nation View Post
    The Oilers don't deserve to be this lucky over the last 10 years. People are tired of the Oilers having their futility rewarded with the #1 draft pick.
    How does fans being tired of anything make a team undeserving?

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

How does fans being tired of anything make a team undeserving?
    i think his point is that the oilers should not have been this bad after accumulating a tonne of high picks every year. the fact that they finished so low yet again to give them pretty good odds to win the lottery is what a lot of people are complaining about. after acquiring multiple 1st overall picks they simply shouldnt be this bad, yet they are. therefore they don't "deserve" mcdavid because they should have been better by now.

Dobber Sports Deity

I'm sorry, but all I hear is a big pile of whining from non-Oiler fans when the only real fans who "deserve" to whine at all are the actual Oiler fans after years of futility.

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Why be mad at someone elses good fortunes. It was luck. That's like saying you're mad because someone just won a car in a draw. That's simply petty and reeks of jealousy.
    Why be mad at someone else's good fortunes? I don't think that's a strong argument. Have you ever watched a game where your favourite team got a really unlucky penalty called against them, and had it cost your team the game? Perhaps even in the playoffs to make things worse? Of course you would be mad at the other team's good luck -- or perhaps your team's own bad luck. Is it really that outlandish?

Hockey is just a game, and people get mad about hockey related things all the time. When any hockey fan is legitimately angry over anything hockey related, when is it not considered petty? It's a game. It's a lottery. But people get worked up all the time, that's the game dude and it's not going to change.
    WHL - World Hockey League (24-Team Daily H2H)
    Weighted Scoring: G(1),A(1),PPP(0.5),+/-(0.5), SOG/PIM/HIT/BLK(all 0.05), FOW-C(0.01)

Fall River's Finest
    C(3): Malkin, Kesler, Hanzal
    LW(3): Lucic, Perron, Chimera
    RW(3): Eberle, R. Smith, Doan
    F(3): Stafford (RW), Parenteau (RW), Eakin (C)
    D(6): S. Weber, Suter, Giordano, Yandle, Chara, Polak
    G(1): Miller [+ Niemi, Zatkoff]
    Bench: Filppula (C), Ferland (LW), Stalberg (LW), Weise (RW)

Prospects(10): Roy (C), Tambellini (C), Andreoff (LW), Jensen (LW), Sorensen (RW), Morin (RW), DeMelo (D), Berube (G), Campbell (G)

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

I'm sorry, but all I hear is a big pile of whining from non-Oiler fans when the only real fans who "deserve" to whine at all are the actual Oiler fans after years of futility.
    and all i hear is an oiler fan who refuses to listen to any negative aspect about the oilers winning the lottery. and this is coming from a guy who is probably going to buy a mcdavid oiler jersey so i'm being completely unbiased.

i have no issues with the oilers winning the lottery, unless we somehow find out it was a rigged process lol. but if you can't accept the fact that they shouldn't have had double digit odds to land him then you're no worse than the guys you're complaining about.

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

Who's McDavid??
    Zorro says "vote for Dobber"
    Angus is my best friend at dobberhockey..