Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Byfuglien Will Be Traded

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Default Re: Byfuglien Will Be Traded

Quote Originally Posted by Zorro View Post
    Enstrom is the hole.. I hear and get all the fancy possession numbers, but he can't take the big hits he receives all the time.. He doesn't seem like a good fit.. The team plays amazing when he is out of the line up too..

I think both Buff and Enstrom are traded.. Chariot and Harrison take their spots.. Trouba Myers Stuart Chariot top 4.. Harrison and Pardy 5-6..
    That still doesn't produce a hole......

Dobber Sports Deity

I just don't see them trading Byfuglien. He's obviously one of the team leaders, and after finally making the playoffs for the first time in ages, why would they trade away one of their core players.

It doesn't make much sense and would see like a step backwards, not forwards.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Banned

I think Enstrom is still the Jets best d-man. So calm, so smart. Buff is like Moulson was in NYI... He played a big role, top line, #1PP, fancy stats, core player BUT people who watched him knew his deficiencies outweighed his production and that the team needed to move him if they were ever going to really compete in the post-season. Buff would be better suited as a middle six winger, but you could very likely move him for a better winger than he, himself, is. That's the logic that I see in moving him. He is a poor defenceman on a competing team that might have a lot of value in some markets. You would never give him away for less than value, but if you could get a better winger back than he is, why not explore it.

Dobber Sports Titan

If trading him, it should be done this off-season. Nothing kills a star in trading than a contract yr and trying to deal him mid-season. He’d be loved in any city he goes to I think. His personality and his style of play is very entertaining.

Buf for Kessel! Buf FOR KESSEL!
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

I think the Jets could get a nice package for Byfuglien, but he is a core guy and I would be shocked if he was actually traded..

I think Enstrom gets traded..

Enstrom to Detroit for B.Smith and ??
    Zorro says "vote for Dobber"
    Angus is my best friend at dobberhockey..