Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Kessel to NJ for the 6th?

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Default Kessel to NJ for the 6th?

As a Devils fan I'm not sure if I like this or not. If any team needs to start a rebuild through the draft it's the Devils. They basically have nothing in the way of forward prospects. Thoughts?

http://www.hockeyfeed.com/rumor-phil...to-new-jersey/
    12 team H2H dynasty, most categories under the sun, incl. hits/blocks. Main team, farm

WHA Champion 2016/17 2015/16 2014/15 2012/13

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Default Re: Kessel to NJ for the 6th?

Eventually, someone will learn to stop reading anything posted on this site. Apparently however, today is not that day.

Hopefully everyone who comes to this thread will have the sense to not click the link, and in no way support that garbage bullshit clickbait website.

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Sorry. Didn't know. Got it through a Twitter feed. Tom Gulitti is pretty reputable for the Devils.
    12 team H2H dynasty, most categories under the sun, incl. hits/blocks. Main team, farm

WHA Champion 2016/17 2015/16 2014/15 2012/13

Dobber Sports Stud

so i didn't click the link as apparently my comp would explode...but i love the deal for the devils....there are 29 teams salivating at the chance to land an elite world talent like Phil Kessel. Maybe 28 cause the Bruins are in love with trading away skilled scorers...not obtaining them.
    16 Team Dynasty Weekly H2H Fantrax (starters in bold)

G A P +/- PIM SOG PPP H+B FOW --- W SV SV% GAA SO

(C) Krejci, Spezza, Koivo, Statsny Faksa
    (LW) Zetterberg, Duclair, Ehlers, M Domi Belesky, M Martin
    (RW) Pastrnak, Oshie, Larkin, Toffoli S Reinhart, Brouwer
    (D) J Honka, Seabrook, Goligoski, D DeKeyser, Vatanen, Parayko L Schenn, S Johns
    (G) Ward, Lack

Prospects- W Nylander, C Dvorak, I Barbashev, C White, T Rattie, M Dal Colle, A Mantha, R Barber, L Crouse, M Barzal, C Keller, L Brown, C Fischer, B Point, J Forsbacka-Karlsson

Dobber Sports Monster

You don't have to be sorry EliasFan! You posted something you wanted to chat about and start a conversation. Nothing wrong with that at all

I don't think the Devils would do that - but hey if they feel its better for their team then maybe they do. I just don't see that particular trade happening.

It's not crazy though...from either side.

Quote Originally Posted by EliasFan View Post
    Sorry. Didn't know. Got it through a Twitter feed. Tom Gulitti is pretty reputable for the Devils.

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Apologize for the strong response. Worthy discussion, just don't like the particular site. Link the original source form twitter!

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by STLblues View Post
    so i didn't click the link as apparently my comp would explode...but i love the deal for the devils....there are 29 teams salivating at the chance to land an elite world talent like Phil Kessel. Maybe 28 cause the Bruins are in love with trading away skilled scorers...not obtaining them.
    Your computer wont explode. I clicked the link and read the story.

I don't think it's a stretch to think something like this is quite possible. I think it's a mistake for the Devils to trade their pick as I think they need the young players this draft would offer. They aren't that close that they should be dealing their high picks for "scoring".
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Veteran

It's a pretty fair offer IMO, and if Kessel is to be mved that is the type of return I'd expect (High 1st or Mid - low 1st and prospects). I just can't see the reasoning on NJ side. They need the youth.

I think a Kessel deal would make more sense to Florida (Who would have the pieces to get it done without doing serious damage to their prospect cupboard) or Nashville (Who could use the scoring). I could even see a team like Columbus making a stab.

It will be interesting to see. I'm sure we will hear a million Kessel rumors between now and the draft.

Dobber Sports Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by FinnishFlash View Post
    It's a pretty fair offer IMO, and if Kessel is to be mved that is the type of return I'd expect (High 1st or Mid - low 1st and prospects). I just can't see the reasoning on NJ side. They need the youth.

I think a Kessel deal would make more sense to Florida (Who would have the pieces to get it done without doing serious damage to their prospect cupboard) or Nashville (Who could use the scoring). I could even see a team like Columbus making a stab.

It will be interesting to see. I'm sure we will hear a million Kessel rumors between now and the draft.

But they also need to put butts in those seats. Never underestimate the box-office factor.

RETIRED

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

assuming it's straight up and the leafs arent eating any salary or taking any shit contracts back, i'd do it.

kessel for 6th overall + 8M cap space is great assuming they don't go and spend it on another phaneuf.

i'm assuming they would then take Hanifin at 4 and draft a forward at 6.

doubt it happens but it's not an awful trade. devils would be better off keeping the pick and rebuilding but if they want to make the playoffs and not waste any of schneider's prime years i could see them making this deal. and if it does go down i'm pretty sure leafs will have to take some salary back. hopefully not someone like clowe but rather someone like ruutu

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

Interesting deal if it did go down.. I feel Shanahan wants to make a statement, this would be a BOLD statement!!
    Zorro says "vote for Dobber"
    Angus is my best friend at dobberhockey..

Administrator

If Kessel goes I doubt a pick this high goes the other way.

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

Dobber Sports Ace

I could see it making sense for both team. I agree with Praba that this would help them get to the playoffs and not waste some of Schneider's prime years. I think it is a fair trade for both teams, although I would think Kessel would command more personally.
    The other thought I have is how effective would Kessel be without another top end skilled player to help get him the puck? He is more of a Goal scorer and I assume either Henrique or Zajac would be his center? I think Bozak > than either of them plus the Devils don't really have a JVR type on the other wing. For that reason alone, I would probably hold the pick if I were the Devils, but it would be hard to turn down the chance at getting a marquee player to fill seats (see Kovy contract)

Dobber Sports Pro

I will straight up take an elite level winger for the 6th overall pick in a second if I was the Devils. Kessel is only like a year and a bit older than JVR.

But I mean, since the Leafs are being so nice could they take some salary back from the Devils too? Say ... Zubrus' contract? I doubt we could convice them to take Clowe's but who knows what type of a mood they are in giving Kessel away for cheap
    BEER RULES - 16 team H2H keeper. Dress: 3C, 3LW, 3RW, 6D, 2G Reserve: 5; 20 farm players
    Stats: G, A, STP, +/-, GWG+, H+B, PIM, W, SV, SV%, SO
    C: Hischer, Zib, J.Hughes
    LW: Guentzel, Svechnikov
    RW: Bratt, Pastrnak
    D: Hamilton, Weegar
    G: Merzlikins, Samsonov, Murray
    Rookies: Too many awesome prospects to list

Yahoo - Keep 3, 12 team H2H.
    Stats: G, A, PTS, +/-, PPP, SHP, PIM, GWG, HIT, SOG, W, GAA, SV%, SV, SO
    Keepers: Zibanejed, Connor, Svechnikov

Twitter for this Associate editor at DobberProspects: @FHPQuinn

I can't list my 2nd main keeper as there are too many players, but it is a keep all H2H points-only league

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Quote Originally Posted by roenick27 View Post
    I could see it making sense for both team. I agree with Praba that this would help them get to the playoffs and not waste some of Schneider's prime years. I think it is a fair trade for both teams, although I would think Kessel would command more personally.
    The other thought I have is how effective would Kessel be without another top end skilled player to help get him the puck? He is more of a Goal scorer and I assume either Henrique or Zajac would be his center? I think Bozak > than either of them plus the Devils don't really have a JVR type on the other wing. For that reason alone, I would probably hold the pick if I were the Devils, but it would be hard to turn down the chance at getting a marquee player to fill seats (see Kovy contract)
    cammalleri was on pace for 32 goals in new jersey. i don't think kessel scoring 40 there would be an issue.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Rodgort View Post
    I will straight up take an elite level winger for the 6th overall pick in a second if I was the Devils. Kessel is only like a year and a bit older than JVR.

But I mean, since the Leafs are being so nice could they take some salary back from the Devils too? Say ... Zubrus' contract? I doubt we could convice them to take Clowe's but who knows what type of a mood they are in giving Kessel away for cheap
    zubrus' contract expires next summer. and i figure the devils would rather give up ruutu who's contract also expires next summer and is slightly more expensive. zubrus has been in new jersey a long time, i think they'd rather keep him.

i dont think leafs would take on clowe in a kessel deal. maybe in a deal for phaneuf.