Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2 7 8 9 10 11 12

Thread: Edmonton Moves?

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Default Re: Edmonton Moves?

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    I am almost afraid of what Green will cost for the return. Sure, he's a top 4 Dman being under-utilized in Washington right now, but he's going to cost someone a bundle this offseason.
    the only thing he will cost is cap space.

but i don't really see him as a good fit for the oilers. schultz has potential to do what green can. obviously green is better at this point but he's gonna ask for at least 6M, and the oilers would be a better team letting schultz take the minutes green would get offensively and then use that 6M to get one or two guys who can actually play D.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Bomm Bastic View Post
    Can Draisaitl play wing? Cuz Buff would likely be in play as a trade partner there.
    that would be interesting, but no team will give up that much for a guy with 1 year left on his contract. no guarentee Buff re-signs with the team that trades for him, and FAs could still be against signing with edmonton regardless of Mcdavid.

he would be great in edmonton but if buff does get traded i see him going east...philly for brayden schenn is my guess.

Dobber Sports Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by Bomm Bastic View Post
    Can Draisaitl play wing? Cuz Buff would likely be in play as a trade partner there.
    I wouldn't be surprised to see Draisaitl get some time on the wing. With RNH and McDavid locked into the 1-2 Centre roles long-term they may want to try and get Draisaitl some more minutes in the top-6. Plus, wing is an easier position to transition into the NHL at compared to Centre.

Unless the Oilers are offered a legitimate top-4, borderline top-2, D-man I think Draisaitl will get at least a full year with the Oilers before they consider moving him. You can never be too deep at Centre and they'll want to see where Draisaitl fits into their overall lineup.
    12 team H-2-H 1 year league, daily roster changes, 3 goalie start minimum/week
    2xC, 2xRW, 2xLW, 4xD, 3xUtil, 2xG, 5 Bench
    G, A, P, PIM, PPP, SHP, GWG, SOG, Hits, W, SV%, GAA, SVs
    C: C. Keller, C. Mittelstadt, B. Nelson, R. Strome,
    LW: K. Connor, B. Tkachuk, J. Gaudreau, J. Marchessault, E. Rodrigues, A. Lafreniere
    RW: K. Fiala, J. Bratt, T. Jeannot V. Arvidsson
    D: R. Josi, J. Trouba, E. Gustafsson,
    G: L. Thompson, F. Gustavsson, V. Vanecek
    NO IR

I was thinking Pysyk - assuming Murray makes him available. He's reportedly NHL ready.
    @SmittysRant

The Great One

Honestly, with the way Draisaitl dominated the WHL, and then the playoffs and now the Memorial Cup, he isn't going anywhere. This is exactly the player Edmonton wanted when they drafted him, and they will not let him go right now when he is looking like he might become the best forward from his draft year. Honestly, Draisaitl may have some outlandish offensive skills, but he is also very good at killing penalties. I could see him become the team's 3rd line center this coming season, with 2nd line PP duty and top line PK duty.

I could also very well see him converted to a winger if he outgrows (offensively) the 3rd line center role.

I'm not saying that I completely buy into the hype, but right now Draisaitl's value is extremely high and the Oiler's will not want to deal him unless they are blown away by an offer. Some people have been saying that he may end up being even better than RNH, and if that is the case I would trade RNH in a few years to free up some cap space when McDavid and Draisaitl's ELCs expire. Based on body frame alone, Draisaitl projects to be a better 2C than RNH anyway.
    12 team, H2H, salary cap
    1 pt/G or A, 2 pts/W, 1 pt/OTL, 1 pt/SO

Forward: B. Point, M. Necas, A. Debrincat, T. Zegras, J. Bratt, L. Raymond
    Defense: J. Morrissey, A. DeAngelo, S. Gostisbehere, D. Doughty
    Goalie: T. Demko, E. Merzlikins
    Bench: M. Rossi, C. Glass, M. Maccelli, M. Dumba, K. Shattenkirk, F. Andersen
    Prospects of Note: L. Stankoven, J. Lekkerimaki, D. Yurov, B. Clarke

League has been running continuously since 1997-98

Dobber Sports Padawan

There is still a big buzz in Montreal that Draisaitl is coming to the Habs in the offseason...
    Keeper's league, points only, 24 teams league Skaters: 1 pt for goal and 1 pt for assist, Goalie, 2 pts for win, + 2 pts for SO

Dobber Sports Legend

Quote Originally Posted by JHouly View Post
    There is still a big buzz in Montreal that Draisaitl is coming to the Habs in the offseason...
    JH, where is this buzz coming from? I listen to TSN 690 Montreal in the morning and haven't heard a peep about this.
    8-GM / WK-H2H
    Forwards: G=2, A=1, PP/SH= +1, GWG= +2, Shootout G=1, HT= +1
    D-Men/Captain: G=3/A=2
    Goalies: W=3, OTL=1, SO= +2, SV= .10

Start = 13F, 6D, 2G / Keep 44 (3G)
    Captain: Matthews
    (F): MacKinnon, Pasta, Marner, Rantanen, Malkin, Barkov, M.Tkachuk, W.Nylander, Pettersson, Gaudreau, Laine, Keller, Miller, B.Tkachuk, Stutzle, DeBrincat, L.Raymond, K.Johnson, Cozens, Quinn, Guenther, Kulich, Cooley
    (D): Makar, Dahlin, Q.Hughes, Ekblad, Rielly, Werenski, Letang, Jones, Chychrun,
    Seider, Edvinsson, Jiricek, Korchinski, Mintyukov, Ceulemans, Hutson
    (G): Shesterkin, Demko, Vejmelka

Dobber Sports Padawan

In the french Media.

But it's a rumour. Probably won't happen.
    Keeper's league, points only, 24 teams league Skaters: 1 pt for goal and 1 pt for assist, Goalie, 2 pts for win, + 2 pts for SO

Dobber Sports Pro

Quote Originally Posted by JHouly View Post
    In the french Media.

But it's a rumour. Probably won't happen.
    Certainly nothing in the Edmonton media from what I've heard. They would have twigged to any 'rumors' coming out of Montreal by now.

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Me thinks the French rumour mill is powered more by rootless speculation and less so learned insider info.

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by praba View Post
    the only thing he will cost is cap space.

but i don't really see him as a good fit for the oilers. schultz has potential to do what green can. obviously green is better at this point but he's gonna ask for at least 6M, and the oilers would be a better team letting schultz take the minutes green would get offensively and then use that 6M to get one or two guys who can actually play D.

- - - Updated - - -

that would be interesting, but no team will give up that much for a guy with 1 year left on his contract. no guarentee Buff re-signs with the team that trades for him, and FAs could still be against signing with edmonton regardless of Mcdavid.

he would be great in edmonton but if buff does get traded i see him going east...philly for brayden schenn is my guess.
    Sign and trade? It's an option. Schenn is junk though. Not in the same class as Draisatl, not even close to enoguh of a return for Buff.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by rataylor22 View Post
    Sign and trade? It's an option. Schenn is junk though. Not in the same class as Draisatl, not even close to enoguh of a return for Buff.
    Schenn is a decent second liner who is 23. Junk is an overstatement.