Thread: Sam Bennett

Dobber Sports Initiate

Default Sam Bennett

Just noticed he is playing today and already has an assist 33 seconds into the game lol. Wish I actually could watch the game here since I have him on my farm team.

12 H2H Dynasty:
    S: G, A, +/-, PIM, PPP, SHP, SOG, Hits
    G: W, GAA, SV%, SHO
    LW: Robertson, Debrincat, Gaudreau
    C: Matthews, Point, Kuznetsov
    RW: Kyrou, Toffoli, Rakell
    D: Chychurn, Krug, Gavrikov, Giordano, Liljegren
    W/FWD/Skt: JT Miller, Nelson, Farabee
    G: Bobrovsky, Swayman
    Bench: Horvat, Dach, Greenway, R. Smith, Stutzle, Kunin, Skjei, E. Johnson
    Farm: Johnston, Raty, Maccelli, Lysell, Quinn, Sandin, Brannstrom, Dostal, Forsberg, Gustavsson, Thompson

Dobber Sports Wizard

Default Re: Sam Bennett

Bennett made a nice play, taking the puck from behind the net and delivering it in front of the net. The goal itself was pretty lucky but it was a nice batting from Ferland. So not a pretty goal by any standards but that's a nice way to start your NHL career.

Dobber Sports Wizard

All in all, it was a good game from Bennett. He flashed some of his skills and got his first career NHL point out of the way quickly.

He did make a couple of rookie mistakes, and a couple of times tried some moves that only work in junior. His lack of weight was also pretty noticeable, especially against a heavy team like the Jets. But those are the standard things every prospect needs to work on.

He now knows what the games in the NHL are like. If he can add some muscle in the summer, he can definitely play in the NHL next season. Of course nothing is handed to him for free, he needs to earn his spot. But I don't see any reason why he couldn't do so after dominating in junior already.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

I'll be interested to see how Calgary handles all of these talented centres: Monahan, Backlund, Bennett, Granlund, etc.

Dobber Sports Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by MillerTime89 View Post
    I'll be interested to see how Calgary handles all of these talented centres: Monahan, Backlund, Bennett, Granlund, etc.
    Bennett probably plays Left Wing. Monahan is the clear-cut #1, Backlund and Granlund battle for the #2 spot. Neither of them is really all that good... They could be adequate in that #2C role but that's it.

Dobber Sports Initiate

Quote Originally Posted by Jouko-Pouko View Post
    Bennett probably plays Left Wing. Monahan is the clear-cut #1, Backlund and Granlund battle for the #2 spot. Neither of them is really all that good... They could be adequate in that #2C role but that's it.
    I'm curious, why don't you see Bennett ultimately in the 2C role? I assume in the beginning he will start as a wing but I always figured he would grow into the C role has he got older.

12 H2H Dynasty:
    S: G, A, +/-, PIM, PPP, SHP, SOG, Hits
    G: W, GAA, SV%, SHO
    LW: Robertson, Debrincat, Gaudreau
    C: Matthews, Point, Kuznetsov
    RW: Kyrou, Toffoli, Rakell
    D: Chychurn, Krug, Gavrikov, Giordano, Liljegren
    W/FWD/Skt: JT Miller, Nelson, Farabee
    G: Bobrovsky, Swayman
    Bench: Horvat, Dach, Greenway, R. Smith, Stutzle, Kunin, Skjei, E. Johnson
    Farm: Johnston, Raty, Maccelli, Lysell, Quinn, Sandin, Brannstrom, Dostal, Forsberg, Gustavsson, Thompson

Dobber Sports Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by Drift View Post
    I'm curious, why don't you see Bennett ultimately in the 2C role? I assume in the beginning he will start as a wing but I always figured he would grow into the C role has he got older.
    I just think he would be a better player playing wing. His playing style just fits better there. Most top prospects play center in junior but only some of them end up playing center in the NHL.

Better to have him as your top winger instead of #2 center. (I see Gaudreau being a 2nd line player long-term, or one of them could switch sides if other options are not available.)

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by Drift View Post
    Just noticed he is playing today and already has an assist 33 seconds into the game lol. Wish I actually could watch the game here since I have him on my farm team.
    I was actually at this game and was 4 rows from the ice, in the Jets end for 2 periods.. I got to see Bennett's work ethic first hand.. This kid is a very hard worker.. He looked great out there.. He battled with Byfuglien quite a few times and came out with the puck a few times aswell.. This kid has some game, that's forsure!! You should feel lucky if you have this kid on your farm roster..
    Zorro says "vote for Dobber"
    Angus is my best friend at dobberhockey..