Thread: keeper dilemma

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Default keeper dilemma

After the playoffs end Sunday we have a week or two trading window before keeper cuts. I'm quite torn I think I have the issue of embarassment of riches. I won the regular season and I'm currently in the finals. my core keepers are solid and young I think i can compete the next 3 seasons for sure. hoping though to deal some of the fringe keepers for upgraded picks next year, a mcdavid/eichel offer or just upgrade a keeper. I did manage to do so last year effectively so I'm hoping to pull at least one solid deal off. I should also say I have it narrowed down to about 4 guys on that list for the last spot. But I want to see an outsider's perspective of my team.

we keep any 12 players plus our farm (under 100GP Reg season for skaters, and 50GP for goalies)
    Start 3C 3LW 3RW 5D 1Util 2G 7 Bench spots.
    Fantrax is the provider.

Cats are Skt: G A +/- PIM SOG Hits Blks FOW PPP SHP GWG
    Goalies: W L SV SV% GAA SHO
    weekly starts

Current Roster, and ill bold the keepers I have in mind and who I'm seeing as toss ups/on the bubble.

C- Tavares / Kopitar / Monahan / Barkov / Ribeiro
    LW-Couture / Lucic / Huberdeau / Girgensons(also C eligible)
    RW- OV / Kessel / Tarasenko / Kucherov / Pastrnak
    D- Faulk / Carlson / Brodie / Rielly / Wideman / Bogosian
    G- Lundqvist / Lehtonen / Bernier / Hammond

Last spot is a toss up between Lehtonen(he was so bad this year Bernier was better on a worse team imo). Bernier, Faulk, Rielly, Brodie, Pastrnak, Wideman, Barkov, Huberdeau. I never kept a dman last year, and I WW all of them I have above except Rielly (promoted, and Carlson draft).

Prospects: Drouin, Nylander, Vasilevsky, Buchnevich, Barabashev, Dal Colle, Virtanen, Goldobin, Milano, Demko (I replenished the farm last year and we expanded it by 5 slots so only Drouin and maybe Vasilevsky will need to be promoted next season.
    12 team h2h keep 5 + 1 goalie
    *2012-2013 & 2013-2014 Champ
    G A PIM +/- hits SOG PPP
    c-Tavares, Mackinnon Eichel
    rw-Seguin, Tarasenko
    d-Josi
    g-Schneider

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Default Re: keeper dilemma

Is this a 12 team pool?
    Keep Lehtonen with your last keeper spot. Goalies are gold.
    You would have Lundqvist, Lehtonen and with Vas coming up next year that's a pretty damn good run of goalies.
    Put the rest of those players on the trade block and see if you can bulk up your picks.
    Rielly, Brodie, Bernier, Barkov, etc should generate some interest.