Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Anthony DeAngelo

Dobber Sports Initiate

Default Anthony DeAngelo

What's the deal with this kid? 25 game point streak in the OHL as a d-man... that's ridiculous. Not to mention: since being traded to SSM he's averaging practically 2 points per game (51 in 26 GP). I'm well aware of his skills and attitude problems, but what can you guys tell me about his NHL chances/upside? ETA? Is this kid for real?

Dobber Sports Master

Default Re: Anthony DeAngelo

I grabbed him in my keeper because fortunately I have the room to keep him stashed for the year. I think (and hope) he will be in TB full time in 16-17, and given that the Lightning don't have a full time PP quarterback, I think he will get his chance to shine there.

Bottleneckers (12/16 in 2022)
    16 team, points only. G: 2-W, 4-SO.
    Top 9F, 4D & 1G . Keep 15, Max 23
    F: J. Robertson, J. Hughes, Tavares, Lafreniere, Cozens, Newhook, Teravainen, Domi, R. Strome, Laine, Rossi, Raymond, Holtz, Perfetti
    D: Bouchard, McAvoy, Morrissey, Heiskanen
    G: Vasilevskiy

Administrator

I wasn't particularly impressed with him at the World Juniors but that might be a flawed event to form opinions on. Big whiffs of Ryan Murphy emanating off this guy, which doesn't necessarily tell us anything but that he might require a lot of development time and/or a team well versed in player development, in which case, Tampa Bay is a nice landing spot.
    Follow me on Twitter@SteveLaidlaw

https://image.ibb.co/k3o8Sa/dobber_banner_sig.jpg

I...am your father.

I think you're looking at at least three years wait, but if you have that kind of time he should be a good one
    The Best Fantasy Hockey Site

15-Team Keeper, points only, best 12 fwd, 4 dman, 2 G count. Playoffs count.

F - T. Thompson, Thomas, Nylander, Tarasenko, Arvidsson, Guentzel, Fiala, Quinn, Mittelstadt, Hagel, Zacha, Roslovic, Berggren, Brink, Ostlund
    G - Kahkonen, Vejmelka, L. Thompson, Levi, Comrie
    D - Hronek, Morrissey, Lundkvist, Girard, Brannstrom, Rathbone, Hanifin, Severson, Durzi

Banned

I thought he was very good at the WJC... Also think his offensive skill-set is tought to beat. Has to been one of, if not the, highest offensively skilled prospects on the blueline out there. Reminds me of Ryan Ellis...

Dobber Sports Veteran

Don't want to create a new trade..but i want your thought on him. He is available in my points only league. Where would you rank him with all the prospect of the 2015 draft available?

I'm planning to take him right after McDavid, Eichel, Marner and Strome....good or bad?

Thanks
    Points only keeper league
    7 teams
    28 keepers
    Weekly line up: 12 F / 6 D / 2 G
    Goalie stats: W=2 / SO=2

Dobber Sports Initiate

Quote Originally Posted by franklin View Post
    Don't want to create a new trade..but i want your thought on him. He is available in my points only league. Where would you rank him with all the prospect of the 2015 draft available?

I'm planning to take him right after McDavid, Eichel, Marner and Strome....good or bad?

Thanks
    Not as good as the big 3 this year but better offensive upside . Don't take him if you need a safe pick but if you can swing for the fences , I wouldn't hesitate.
    17th season keeper league with salary cap,16 teams ,max 38 players per team,UFA/RFA system,contracts.
    Cats:fwd(1pt=1pt)top 6 count -Bratt/Hischier/Kakko/Hintz/Meier/W.Johnston/Mercer/Lafrénière/Perfetti/Zibanejad//Mercer/Holtz/Panarin/Kreider/
    D(G=2,A=1.5)top 4 count- A.Fox/Heiskanen/K.Miller/Hutson
    Goalies(save%,W,SO)top 2 count-Shesterkin/Oettinger
    plus 4 other cats: top powerfwd(Trocheck)
    setupman(J.Hughes),sniper(J.Robertson)rookie(M.Bou rque/G.Perreault/Stankoven)

Playoffs Champion 2009, 2010, 2018
    Reg.season Champion 2011-12,2012-13,2016-17,2017-18,2018-19,2022-23

Dobber Sports Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by poolsharks View Post
    Not as good as the big 3 this year but better offensive upside . Don't take him if you need a safe pick but if you can swing for the fences , I wouldn't hesitate.
    Thanks poolsharks!
    7 teams
    28 keepers

Dobber Sports Deity

I think the "worries" around DeAngelo are in the past. He had a much better year last year in the OHL and seemed to have moved past the issues that were dogging him heading into the draft.

He will start the year in the AHL this year and I think he is a year or two away from being a nice piece in Tampa.

As far as where I would draft him today, I'd probably put him right in the mix with the big three. I think his offensive upside is just as good as the big three, and maybe better.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    I think the "worries" around DeAngelo are in the past. He had a much better year last year in the OHL and seemed to have moved past the issues that were dogging him heading into the draft.

He will start the year in the AHL this year and I think he is a year or two away from being a nice piece in Tampa.

As far as where I would draft him today, I'd probably put him right in the mix with the big three. I think his offensive upside is just as good as the big three, and maybe better.
    Thanks Axeman. I have the 5th overall pick and I'm leaning toward DeAngelo over Hanifin, Provorov, Rantanen, Zacha, etc right now. Just want to make sure I'm not overrated him.
    7 teams
    28 keepers

Dobber Sports Deity

I dont know much about your league, but I'd still take Rantanen at 5.

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Veteran

I dont know much about your league, but I'd still take Rantanen at 5.
    Points only league see my signature. I'm still thinking about taking Rantanen even if I need more a D than a F.
    7 teams
    28 keepers

Dobber Sports Veteran

Here is a quote from Dobber in another thread:

In fantasy leagues, in my Prospects Report I have:

1 Connor McDavid '15
    2 Jack Eichel '15
    3 Nikolaj Ehlers WPG
    4 Dylan Strome '15
    5 Anthony DeAngelo TBL
    6 William Nylander TOR
    7 Max Domi ARI
    8 Anthony Mantha DET
    9 Michael Dal Colle NYI
    10 Mitch Marner '15
    11 Robby Fabbri STL
    12 Dylan Larkin DET

Rossy has:

1 Connor McDavid '15
    2 Jack Eichel '15
    3 Mitch Marner '15
    4 Nikolaj Ehlers WPG
    5 Dylan Strome '15
    6 Anthony DeAngelo TBL
    7 William Nylander TOR
    8 Max Domi ARI
    9 Michael Dal Colle NYI
    10 Robby Fabbri STL
    11 Matt Barzal '15
    12 Nikolay Goldobin SJ
    13 Dylan Larkin DET

Very much in the conversation with the high-end '15 guys
    7 teams
    28 keepers

Dobber Sports Deity

I am not questioning DeAngelo as a quality prospect, but I simply prefer Rantanen.

If you think DeAngelo is the better fit for your team long term then you have to do whats best for your team. I just know what I would do if it was my team. You will always get opinions (thats why people come here, to hear differing opinions) but at the end of the day, it's still your team and you make the call.

If you go DeAngelo, I wouldn't say it was a bad pick.

Dobber Sports Veteran

I am not questioning DeAngelo as a quality prospect, but I simply prefer Rantanen.

If you think DeAngelo is the better fit for your team long term then you have to do whats best for your team. I just know what I would do if it was my team. You will always get opinions (thats why people come here, to hear differing opinions) but at the end of the day, it's still your team and you make the call.

If you go DeAngelo, I wouldn't say it was a bad pick.
    You're right Axeman thanks. By the way, just to let you know Rantanen was one of the standout players (as per Corey Pronman) in the Lake Placid WJ camp.
    7 teams
    28 keepers