Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Default Klingberg vs Honka

Starting in 2 years.....who's the guy?

The Great One

Default Re: Klingberg vs Honka

Your teams shit

Dobber Sports Sage

Klingberg. Very very very few D can become productive NHL players before the age of 22. Not saying Honka wont be the exception, but the odds are against it.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

There's room for both of them. Honka is a bit of a project though. Could be longer than 2 years.

Dobber Sports Wizard

Klingberg for me.

Dobber Sports Expert

Take what you know already....Klingberg is super solid already, and could be really good.
    12 -Team Yahoo, Points Pool, Keeper (Since 1995): G(1), A(1), PPG(1), SHG(1) GWG(1), W(2), SHO(3). Protect 13 each season.

C (4): Hayes, Bonino, White, Bozak
    LW (4): Aho, Huberdeau, K Connor, Gourde
    RW (4): Perry, Boeser, Tuch, Zucker
    F (1):Labanc
    D (4): Barrie, Theodore, Faulk, Shattenkirk
    G (1): Lehner

Bench: (C) Kerfoot, (RW) Silfverberg, (LW) Bertuzzi (D) Q Hughes, R Murray, D'Angelo (G) Demko, Markstrom,

Dobber Sports Wizard

Have to go Klingberg. Dallas looks to be a young contending team In the making with very little Dman depth.

Dobber Sports Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by One87 View Post
    Have to go Klingberg. Dallas looks to be a young contending team In the making with very little Dman depth.
    I beg to differ on the depth of the Dallas blueline. I think they are quite deep albeit very young. Klingberg, Nemeth, Jokipakka, Oleksiak, Honka, Lindell, Hansson, all in Dallas or Cedar Park. Lindell and Hansson are still very green and not proven over on this side of the pond but there's a chance one of them develops into a serviceable D for the Stars. They are very close to having a really good D corps with a couple of savvy additions through trades or free agency.

I'll take Klingberg here. Now, two years from now, and beyond. The Stars are looking at Klingberg as potentially their #1D and given how hard those are to acquire via trade or free agency they'll give him every chance to make the job his. The only real hole in Klingberg's game so to speak is lack of physicality. He won't hit much, but otherwise he has all the tools to be a #1. At worst Klingberg slots in as the #2 depending on what the Stars do during the offseason as far as adding a D-man through trade or free agency.

I would expect Honka to slot in as the #3 if he hits his potential. His overall defensive game needs plenty of work, but then again he is still young and can be coached up. He just doesn't strike me as the type that will have the whole package like Klingberg. Their offensive numbers may one day be equal, but Klingberg's overall game will give him the bigger role in my opinion.

Long term I like Klingberg to anchor the first D pairing while Honka does likewise on the second. Personally if you can swing it why not have both.
    Your beer mug isn't half-empty, your just half-way to the next refill.....

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Tough to ignore the numbers Klingberg has put up in a short time, I'll take him