Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Thread: [RUMOR] Red Wings out on Phaneuf

Dobber Sports Titan

Default Re: [RUMOR] Red Wings out on Phaneuf

Quote Originally Posted by hockeyfan321 View Post
    Where r we getting the 5m number? Dion's camp hit is 7m, no?
    Yes, but if TML retain 2mill (which is prolly what the red wings want), he gets a paycheque for 7mill, but the RW see him as a 5mill player to them
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

Dobber Sports Superstar

I don't know about that article, seems pretty Detroit homerish to me. Using Phaneuf's stats from last year is misleading given he missed 12 games and how poorly Toronto performed as a whole in the second half. Not to mention they don't touch at all on the fact that he continuously ate tough minutes against top competition. The advanced stats tend to favour him.

Personally, there's no chance I'm moving Dion for Smith, Weiss and a lesser prospect while also eating $2 mil per season for 6-7 years. If that's the type of deal they want, then I want a top-teir prospect coming back.

Dobber Sports All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by 2014olympicgold View Post
    No leadership needed by him either.
    No worries there.

Dobber Sports Expert

Quote Originally Posted by 2014olympicgold View Post
    Yes, but if TML retain 2mill (which is prolly what the red wings want), he gets a paycheque for 7mill, but the RW see him as a 5mill player to them
    Ahhhh true enough. Thx

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

I really think Phaneuf would be a great fit in Detroit..
    Zorro says "vote for Dobber"
    Angus is my best friend at dobberhockey..

Dobber Sports Padawan

Quote Originally Posted by Kofax View Post

Personally, there's no chance I'm moving Dion for Smith, Weiss and a lesser prospect while also eating $2 mil per season for 6-7 years. If that's the type of deal they want, then I want a top-teir prospect coming back.
    Totally agree.

Leafs would be desperate to make this deal. And I don't think they are. Better off to wait.
    20 Team Full Keeper (32 man Roster) Points only
    Start 12F 6D 1G

F- Skinner, Nyquist, Koivu, Carter,TJohnson, Kopitar, Tarasenko, Okposo, Williams, Kessel, Voracek, Wheeler, Galchenyuk, Lee

D-Vatanen, Bogosian, J Schultz, MacDonald, Demers, Muzzin, Stone, Edler

G- Halak, C.Anderson, Mason

Dobber Sports All-Star

Getting rid of Phaneuf would be addition by subtraction.

Dobber Sports Sage

Quote Originally Posted by Zorro View Post
    I really think Phaneuf would be a great fit in Detroit..
    I agree. And if they can get that cap hit at 5 M, that is very good value.
    10 Team, 60 Player Roster
    G, A, PTS, PPP, PIM, BLKs, Hits, +/-, Shots, W, GAA, SV%, Saves
    C- JHughes, Trocheck, RThomas, Zegras, Norris, Bennett, PLD, Stephenson, Danualt
    RW- Raymond, Stone, TWilson, Toffoli, KJohnson, Nyqvist, Zary
    LW- Keller, Schmaltz, Bunting, Skinner, Barbashev, Duclair
    D- QHughes, McAvoy, Doughty, Heiskanen, LHughes, Mintyukov
    G- Shesterkin, Demko, Andersen, Kahkonen, Levi, Tarasov, Annunen

Notable Prospects- Nikishin, Kulich, Leonard, Wood, Perreault, Lekkermaki, Ostlund, Othmman, REvans, L-Heureux, Ivanov, Murashov

Dobber Sports Expert

Heres another thought:

http://www.mlive.com/redwings/index....n_questio.html

3 Red Wings' off-season questions: On possible Stephen Weiss buy out, trade for Dion Phaneuf

By Ansar Khan | [email protected]
    Follow on Twitter
    on May 05, 2015 at 6:05 AM, updated May 05, 2015 at 6:08 AM

DETROIT – Salary-cap space isn't a concern for the Detroit Red Wings heading into 2015-16, but they have an option to create more cap room and open a roster spot by parting ways with Stephen Weiss.
    Will a thin free-agent market result in more trades league-wide this off-season?
    And who's ready for a promotion from the AHL?
    Here are three questions regarding the Red Wings:
    1. Will Stephen Weiss be bought out?
    Clubs can use ordinary course buyouts from June 15-30. A player can be bought out for two-thirds the remaining value of his contract spread out over twice the remaining length.
    Weiss has three years and $16 million remaining on his contract ($6 million in each of the next two seasons and $4 million in 2017-18). It would cost the Red Wings approximately $10.67 million over six seasons to buy out Weiss. A portion of his $4.9 million cap hit would remain on the books, depending on his salary each season.
    It's something the Red Wings might consider over the next month, after Weiss was a healthy scratch the final five playoff games. He wasn't effective enough offensively to play in the top six and wasn't strong enough defensively to play in the bottom six – and you don't really want someone with a $4.9 million cap hit playing on your third or fourth line.
    The Red Wings signed Weiss to a five-year, $24.5 million deal in 2013 to be their second-line center. It hasn't panned out. They might try to trade him, but that would be difficult, unless they retain a portion of the salary. So a buyout seems like a realistic option.
    2. Can the Red Wings swing a deal for Dion Phaneuf?
    The Red Wings started 2014-15 with the same defense they used for most of the previous season. Ideally, they'd like to make one change.
    The free-agent market is thin. Washington's Mike Green, an offensive-minded right-handed shooter, tops the list but figures to have many suitors and the Red Wings aren't apt to get into a bidding war. Nashville's Cody Franson and Pittsburgh's Paul Martin and Christian Ehrhoff are unrestricted as well.
    But Detroit's best bet for a significant upgrade might be through trade. They tried to acquire Dion Phaneuf from Toronto at the deadline but a potential deal fell through because the Maple Leafs declined to retain a portion of Phaneuf's salary and asked for top prospect Anthony Mantha.
    Talks could be rekindled.
    Phaneuf, despite his defensive deficiencies, would bring a different element with his hitting ability and booming shot, albeit left-handed.
    His contract is a big sticking point, with six years remaining at a $7 million cap hit. The Red Wings tried to get Toronto to assume a portion of the deal or defray the cost by taking back Weiss but the Leafs balked.
    The Red Wings might use defenseman Brendan Smith as trade bait for an upgrade on the back end. Jakub Kindl also is available but his contract (two years at a $2.4 million cap hit) might not be easy to move.

3. Which players who spent all or most of this season in Grand Rapids will be on the Red Wings' roster in 2015-16?
    Teemu Pulkkinen is out of options, so the Red Wings need to keep him on the NHL roster. He provides a dimension with his booming right-handed shot. He led the AHL with the 34 goals in just 46 games. He had only five goals in 31 games with Detroit but was starting to figure out how to create space for himself.
    Landon Ferraro's hopes for an NHL career were resurrected after he earned a spot in the Red Wings' lineup for the playoffs. His skating ability and competitiveness will enable him to battle for a roster spot in training camp as a bottom-six forward.
    Mantha had a disappointing first pro season with the Griffins and needs more AHL seasoning.
    On defense, Alexey Marchenko and Xavier Ouellet are NHL-ready; there could be a roster spot for one of them at the start of next season (Marchenko has the inside track). If not, both are waiver-exempt for another season, as are Ryan Sproul and Nick Jensen.

Dobber Sports Jedi

I see a deal with Philly for Phaneuf as a possibility as well. Dion brings a top pair Dman to their line up which is starved for dmen who can eat minutes. Not to mention, there's the albatross of a contract that could be shot the other way - Lecavalier which should make eliminate the expectation of the leafs eating salary. Philly is heavy with young forwards up front, mind you, other than Laughton no really solid forward prospects in the system. They do have that second 1st round pick that could be included to the Leafs to make the deal work.

Phaneuf & 4th (Pitt) - Lecavalier, 1st (late 1st TB) & Read

Philly's my dark horse to get into the Phaneuf sweepstakes.

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by lucafen4 View Post
    I see a deal with Philly for Phaneuf as a possibility as well. Dion brings a top pair Dman to their line up which is starved for dmen who can eat minutes. Not to mention, there's the albatross of a contract that could be shot the other way - Lecavalier which should make eliminate the expectation of the leafs eating salary. Philly is heavy with young forwards up front, mind you, other than Laughton no really solid forward prospects in the system. They do have that second 1st round pick that could be included to the Leafs to make the deal work.

Phaneuf & 4th (Pitt) - Lecavalier, 1st (late 1st TB) & Read

Philly's my dark horse to get into the Phaneuf sweepstakes.
    Unless Byfuglien is already in Philly!!
    Zorro says "vote for Dobber"
    Angus is my best friend at dobberhockey..