Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3 8 9 10 11 12 13

Thread: Deadline Day 2015 Chat

Banned

Default Re: Deadline Day 2015 Chat

Dobber I'm surprised you aren't saying Conacher isn't the biggest deal. The guy you told us would be next to Tabares all year

The Great One

Quote Originally Posted by Big Ev View Post
    Dobber I'm surprised you aren't saying Conacher isn't the biggest deal. The guy you told us would be next to Tabares all year
    HAHAHAHAHAHHAHAAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHA HAHAHAHAHAH!!!!!

BRILLIANT!!!

GENIUS!!!

FUNNY!!!

Are all words Id actively avoid as descriptors of your posts. Seriously just stop- youre embarassing yourself now...

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Fighting_Emu View Post
    HAHAHAHAHAHHAHAAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHA HAHAHAHAHAH!!!!!

BRILLIANT!!!

GENIUS!!!

FUNNY!!!

Are all words Id actively avoid as descriptors of your posts. Seriously just stop- youre embarassing yourself now...
    1) that was not meant to be funny

2) aren't you the guy who took all of his league's money and didn't pay anybody? If I wanted to embarrass myself, I would do that.

Administrator

Don't feed the trolls.
    Follow me on Twitter@SteveLaidlaw

https://image.ibb.co/k3o8Sa/dobber_banner_sig.jpg

The Great One

Quote Originally Posted by Big Ev View Post
    1) that was not meant to be funny

2) aren't you the guy who took all of his league's money and didn't pay anybody? If I wanted to embarrass myself, I would do that.
    Are you serious right now??

That issue was complicated even back then but was resolved. Bringing it up 4 years later, in a public forum- when you werent even involved?? Wow dude- I guess thats where your argument has to go when they cant stand on their own vailidity...

The Great One

K so anyways- to address the actual comment:

Its HYPERBOLIC: Dobbers commentary in regards to this player was always that he was a low risk, high reward option- something poolies in deep leagues would be very interested in hearing about. In fact this thread outlines fairly in depth what his thoughts were:

http://forums.dobbersports.com/showt...light=Conacher

There was never any mention that Conacher was the "next tabares". The thinking was that Tavares had the ability to make players around him better- something which has proven to be a fact in years past and this year as well. The idea was that Conacher was a low risk gamble that could have a better than average season if he could stick on that topline. That even though he was admittedly a one-dimensional "fringe" player- that other players of his ilk had, had success there. It was a hail mary call and he says as much in his post. No one anointed him a super star.

Its SELF SERVING: As you can see in that post- you spend most of your word count describing how useless Conacher is. The fact that he failed with this opportunity is a chance for you to remind us how you were right. I find a good percentage of your posts have this element about them. I personally find it grating- hence my sarcastic comment. Admittedly I am not the dobber forums police and should have just taken my own advice and put you on the ignore list awhile back. Will do that now- and reccomend the same to others

So if your comment wasnt meant to be funny- than its just misinformed. Feel free to read dobbers post again- and you'll see there is no indication that Conacher was as skilled as, or as sure of a thing as Tavares. A fantasy pundit takes what Id call a "low percentage shot" and even goes on to admit as much during the reccomendation- and youre gonna call him on it? Weak sauce dude.

Anyways- thanks for the internet kick in the nuts...