Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast

Thread: Round 14 discussion

Dobber Sports Giant

Default Round 14 discussion

The Comish wrote:
    Chicleteur wrote:
    Any update on the schedule? Do you have all the missing responses?
    I\'m missing seven guys, but I think most of them will be good with the schedule.

We are still far ahead of it, but if just one guy is away, it throws thinks out of whack and could mean big delays - something I\'m trying to avoid.

I\'ll send one more email out tomorrow to the guys who haven\'t responded and hope that they all respond.
    Thanks for the update! Yeah, I also really we can avoid any major delay...

Dobber Sports Apprentice

well...

Dobber`s guide should be out in a few hours, just guessing. I CAN`T WAIT!!!!

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

noriculous, you should send it to everyone to be fair lol

Dobber Sports Giant

I just posted Sniper\'s pick. Anonymous you\'re up!

Dobber Sports Giant

Nice pick Anonymous! I took the chance of letting him go, maybe I was too confident...

Dobber Sports Ace

Its weird how this draft works, I took the chance of letting him go the round before, but it worked out for me, I knew I couldn\'t wait another whole round.
    12 team roto with 6 keepers, G A P +/- PIM PPP SOG, W SV% SHO
    C-Crosby Spezza Connolly
    L-Smyth Rolston Malone Sullivan
    R-Hemsky Ryan Ryder Backes Fleischmann Cleary
    D-Phaneuf Rafalski Whitney Pitkanen
    G-Lundqvist Bryzgalov Theodore Rinne

Dobber Sports Giant

UW, I had a feeling that you would pick him. You threw his name around couples of time last week... I think he\'s good pick!

Dobber Sports Star

Yeah good selection, he peaked my interest once or twice, especially if Little or Williams cant get it done on L1... and he gets some chemistry with Kovy... that would always look interesting
    [color=#008000]24 Team / 3 Tier Roto League
    G|A|+/-|PIM|PPP|SOG|Hits|BS
    W|GAA|SV

Tier 1
    C: Tavares, Duchene, JStaal, Marner, Grigorenko, Dubois, Barzal
    LW: Landeskog, Teravainen, Pearson, Wilson, Pulkkinen, Bittner
    RW: PKane, Gaborik, Virtanen, Rantanen, Stewart, Sprong, Chiasson, Vey
    D: OEL, Barrie, Bogosian, Larsson, McNabb, Oduya, Bigras
    G: Bobrovsky, Korpisalo, Hutton, Hellberg

Dobber Sports Giant

Comish, did you have any news regarding your schedule? Did you get all the responses you were missing?

Dobber Sports Guru

thanks guys, and sorry for the delay. i was practically kidnapped and dragged along by my buddies on a 2 day, 55 km hike through banff national park. i was thinking about my pool selection the whole way!

i\'ve been biting my tongue, so to speak, on christensen for a long while now. i wanted to write up a big explanation in that \"predicted breakouts\" thread, but settled for just a quiet nametoss, then berated myself for it afterwards. haha.

i wasn\'t ever that impressed with bryan little last year... yeah, he was a rookie, and he obvously has more skill than he let on, but i just didn\'t see anything real special in his game. i don\'t think he\'ll be the cheech to kovalchuk\'s chong.

i\'ve been watching christensen for two (three?) years now, and have just been waiting for an excuse to draft him. never got that, while he was buried in pittsburgh (a center playing behind crosby, malkin, staal? worst job in hockey, i say!) but i was pretty pumped when he got dealt. the kid has real skill, and a laser shot. check out the youtube clips of him. he\'s needed to bulk up, and i\'m not sure he\'s done that yet, but this will be his 4th year so if there is ever a time for him to assert himself as an impact NHLer, it is now.

Dobber Sports Giant

ultrawhiteness wrote:
    thanks guys, and sorry for the delay. i was practically kidnapped and dragged along by my buddies on a 2 day, 55 km hike through banff national park. i was thinking about my pool selection the whole way!

i\'ve been biting my tongue, so to speak, on christensen for a long while now. i wanted to write up a big explanation in that \"predicted breakouts\" thread, but settled for just a quiet nametoss, then berated myself for it afterwards. haha.

i wasn\'t ever that impressed with bryan little last year... yeah, he was a rookie, and he obvously has more skill than he let on, but i just didn\'t see anything real special in his game. i don\'t think he\'ll be the cheech to kovalchuk\'s chong.

i\'ve been watching christensen for two (three?) years now, and have just been waiting for an excuse to draft him. never got that, while he was buried in pittsburgh (a center playing behind crosby, malkin, staal? worst job in hockey, i say!) but i was pretty pumped when he got dealt. the kid has real skill, and a laser shot. check out the youtube clips of him. he\'s needed to bulk up, and i\'m not sure he\'s done that yet, but this will be his 4th year so if there is ever a time for him to assert himself as an impact NHLer, it is now.
    Yeah I know what you mean. I can\'t count the number of occassions where I wanted to post something, but decided not to go ahead...

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Oh, so close to my pick....i know one guy i want, but i really think i should be grabbing a LW
    2014-15 - 12TM ESPN H2H - G,A,+/-,PPP,PIM,SHG,GWG,Hat,Hit,Blk - W,GA,SV,SHO

F: Rick Nash, Stepan, Hornqvist, Gaborik, Voracek, Kesler, Vrbata, Versteeg
    D: E. Karlsson, Josi, Pietrangelo
    G: Lundqvist(IR), Holtby.

Dobber Sports Ninja

Chicleteur wrote:
    Comish, did you have any news regarding your schedule? Did you get all the responses you were missing?
    Still missing six replies. Some of them are strange because they usually respond promptly to any questions I\'ve asked in the past. Here\'s the list, maybe they never received my emails:

newper114
    Culpy99
    babalu69
    bleedblue
    Broad Street Bullies
    Noriculous

Like I said, odd because I know at least two of those guys have posted their picks since the August schedule emails came out!

In order for me to enforce the schedule, I need everyone to acknowledge the email and potential penalties of not posting their pick by their allotted time.
    "For I am a sinner in the hands of an angry God. Bloody Mary, full of vodka, blessed are you among cocktails. Pray for me now and at the hour of my death, which I hope is soon. Amen." - Sterling Archer

"Don't spray that urine on my sons window. If you want a dollar for doing nothing, walk to Canada." - Malory Archer

“Anyone who thinks the pen is mightier than the sword has not been stabbed with both.” - Lemony Snicket

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Comish,
    don\'t believe I saw the schedule, but I will roll with whatever the majority agrees to. Can you please resend to my email address

thx

Bleedblue
    Comish Dynasty

24 Team / 3 Tier Roto League
    CAP = $1200
    G.A.+/-.PIM.STP.SOG.BS.HITS
    W.GAA.SV%.SV

Tier 1
    C - Scheifele, Stamkos, Eichel, Komarov, D.Strome
    LW - Gaudreau, Palat, Schenn, Trocheck, Domi, Vatrano
    RW - Forsberg, T.Wilson, Clutterbuck, Shaw, Nichoshkin
    D - PK, OEL, Trouba, Jones, Martinez, Myers, Despres, Beauchemin, Pouiliot,
    G - Allen, Elliott, Gibson

Cap = $1116

Dobber Sports Ninja

bctopdawg wrote:
    Comish,
    don\'t believe I saw the schedule, but I will roll with whatever the majority agrees to. Can you please resend to my email address

thx

Bleedblue
    Email resent
    "For I am a sinner in the hands of an angry God. Bloody Mary, full of vodka, blessed are you among cocktails. Pray for me now and at the hour of my death, which I hope is soon. Amen." - Sterling Archer

"Don't spray that urine on my sons window. If you want a dollar for doing nothing, walk to Canada." - Malory Archer

“Anyone who thinks the pen is mightier than the sword has not been stabbed with both.” - Lemony Snicket