Thread: My Enstrom and Brett MacLean (Pho) for his Burns

Dobber Sports Stud

Default My Enstrom and Brett MacLean (Pho) for his Burns

Should I do this?

Other considerations: Salary counts in my league, and doing this would put me about $2 million over the cap, so I\'d have to dump salary elsewhere.

I\'m going for it this year.

+/- for defenseman is fairly important in our pool.

The guy I\'m thinking of doing this with, I traded him Burns for Enstrom straight up in about March, mainly for salary reasons for this year - after the trade Burns played great and Enstrom tanked, and I regretted the trade. Now by the trade above I may get a second kick at the can with Burns, but have to give up more than I gave away to get him back! Ouch.
    24teams;27players(20roster,7bench)dynasty(full keeper);
    Cap league based on NHL salaries (not cap hit);
    pool points:
    F/C: G 4pts; A 4pts; +/- 2pts
    D(min5,max9): G 8pts; A 5pts; +/- 4pts
    G(min2,max3): W 9pts; OTL 5pts; SO 4pts
    extra points for PPP

F:Kucherov,Kessel,Thornton,Galchenyuk,Hornqvist,Tr ochek,Atkinson,Jenner,SamBennett,Namestnikov,Point ,DShore,ZSanford,DStrome,ANylander,Guentzel,Kapane n,Kamenev
    D:Klingberg,Vatanen,Krug,Stralman,Pulock,Hanifin,W alman
    G:Fleury,Murray

"It's such a fine line between stupid, and clever."

Super Moderator

I\'d do this but I\'m a huge Burns fan. I think this guy is great and will definitely be worth a Enstrom and Maclean to get back. I say go for it.
    We get one of these - Don't waste it.

Dobber Sports Genius

I love both defencemen. I do think Burns is significantly the better all round machine though. Now, in a cap pool, Enstrom is sweet with his 0.75M hit. The thing is he could be nasty on the +/-. I\'d count him as a -20 and take everything above that as a bonus. He\'s going to play in Atlanta and play on the special teams. You know that though. You also know that the whole Atlanta team went in the tank over the last 30 games last season. From top to bottom. Kovalchuk didn\'t do a point a game, so thinking Enstrom would be sweet when the leader goes in the tank would be naive. I\'d anticipate his contract at $2-$3M when he resigns. I\'d guess for up to three years with the longer the term, the higher the dollars.

Burns at $3.2 and rising, looks to be on his way to Team Canada consideration. I think he\'s the real deal. His +/- should be steady. Minnesota isn\'t famous for their one time flashes. He\'s grown safely and steadily. I\'m not convinced that he\'ll jump up again this year, but hitting the same points window is a good bet.

As farm as Maclean goes I\'m not convinced he\'s an NHL impact forward. I think that he has a chance to become a \'common\' (hockey card talk!). At least he needs to become a common before he can move on to the next level. If you like he, you\'d have a chance to get him back. If you like him, you could offer a pick instead.

Careful what you have to throw away, that could make the deal more costly than you like.

Dobber Sports Stud

Thanks to both of you, and in particular JHM for the analysis. I think I\'ll pull the trigger, as I\'m pretty high on Burns.
    pool points:
    extra points for PPP

F:Kucherov,Kessel,Thornton,Galchenyuk,Hornqvist,Tr ochek,Atkinson,Jenner,SamBennett,Namestnikov,Point ,DShore,ZSanford,DStrome,ANylander,Guentzel,Kapane n,Kamenev

Dobber Sports Stud

Crap, deal has changed - he\'d take Enstrom and Harrold for Burns and Visnevskiy. I\'m pretty sure Visnevskiy doesn\'t have a hope to make Dallas this year, whereas Harrold could do well in LA - should I not make this deal?

Any input appreciated.
    pool points:
    extra points for PPP

Dobber Sports Genius

I think I like the deal better with him getting Harrold. He\'s old by rookie standards. Mind you LA does have an opening for a PP guy. Consider he never scored in college until his final year. hockeydb.com Then had a hot 1/2 season in the AHL. He\'s got to top out at 40 points in the NHL, but has a much better chance to look like Cory Murphy did last year in Florida. I don\'t know much about the guy (undrafted) and never really heard of him until recently. If he sticks it to you, it won\'t be really bad. There\'s got to be a serious deficiency for this guy. Bad skater? Oh, I found it! 5-11 & 190! He\'ll be small. Your new cat \"Visnevskiy\" is again a deep level prospect. If you don\'t like him, ask for a pick instead. I\'m trying to find him in my prospects stuff. Some of these pools go crazy deep. Something tells me he is interesting. Having MacLean pulled back onto your side, doesn\'t strike me as a bad thing.