Thread: Talbot

Dobber Sports Ace

Default Talbot

I have been offered a deal of cam talbot for two 2015 2nd round entry draft picks, plus a 2016 2nd round entry draft pick. The 2 2015 picks will be in the range of 24-34, and the 2016 will prob be around 34-40. The players that would be available in those drafts would be any players from that draft year, and any other players owned by an nhl team, but have not played an nhl game yet. Any notable minors are gone, so usually just ends up being players from that draft year, with exception of a few hidden gems( I drafted Lehtera this year at 19th overall. I have officially one the season, with playoffs starting in a week. I'm looking to be the heavy favorite going into playoffs(currently 17-0) but have always thought I should be adding some goalie depth to be sure. I'd have to drop Borowiecki to make room for talbot. Do I agrre to this deal? Me and the other gm have been grinding it grinding it out over last few hrs, and that's his final offer.

Team and league in sig

Thanks
    14 team h/h dynasty
    Stats, G A PTS PIM +/- PPP SHP GWG shts TOI hts/blks W sv% gaa SO
    $89 mill salary cap, cap hits
    minors- players under 60 gms, goalies under 30 gms
    3c 3lw 3rw 4d 2util 1goal
    max 23 plyr rstr, 15 minors

CENTERS Kuznetsov, Necas, Petterson, Hughes, D.Strome, Seguin, Hayes, Scheifele
    LEFTWING Gaudreau, Mantha, Forsberg, Keller
    RIGHTWING Kakko , Debrincat, Thomas, Konecny
    D-MEN Girard, Provorov, McCavoy, Dobson, Makar
    GOALIES Gibson, Shesterkin, Sorokin
    IR
    MINORS Brannstrom, Kostin, Dennisenko, Kaprizov, Tippett, Cozens, Tolvanen, Zegras, Byfield , Vessalainen, K.Miller, Kyrou, Janik, Bokk, Lundell, Heinola, Hoglander, Lundkvist

Dobber Sports Ace

Default Re: Talbot

Also, when does it look like hank will be back? I've read early March, but is that a definite? Or is it looking like mid to late March? Our playoffs start March 2 and will last 4 weeks
    14 team h/h dynasty

IR
    MINORS Brannstrom, Kostin, Dennisenko, Kaprizov, Tippett, Cozens, Tolvanen, Zegras, Byfield , Vessalainen, K.Miller, Kyrou, Janik, Bokk, Lundell, Heinola, Hoglander, Lundkvist

Dobber Sports Ace

K so if anyone is out there, and looks at this post, I've got the offer to talbot and the 2 2nd round 2015 picks, plus a conditional 2016 2nd round pick. Condition is if I make the final, I send the 3rd 2nd round pick. Thoughts?
    14 team h/h dynasty

IR

Dobber Sports Prodigy

To be honest, I might make that deal if I were you. I too am a Talbot owner and have been keeping close tabs on Lundy as well - and based on your schedule and what I've heard about Henrik, it sounds like Talbot could at least help you in the first round of your playoffs.

I think Lundqvist comes back eventually and makes Talbot less valuable towards the later rounds of fantasy playoff weeks this season but as it is now, Talbot is fantasy gold starting for the Rangers down the stretch.

Best Case: Lundqvist injury is worse than anticipated and Talbot puts up lots of starts down the stretch run and in the fantasy playoff weeks
    Worst Case: Lundqvist returns before fantasy playoffs begin and you traded away good bargaining chips for a backup.

Likely Case: Talbot will help you out through to the end of the first round of fantasy playoffs -- at which point Lundy returns and you're back to just Holtby and Lu.

^
    As a Talbot owner this is the situation as i see it shaking out based on what I've heard about Lundqvist's injury.
    WHL - World Hockey League (24-Team Daily H2H)
    Weighted Scoring: G(1),A(1),PPP(0.5),+/-(0.5), SOG/PIM/HIT/BLK(all 0.05), FOW-C(0.01)

Fall River's Finest
    C(3): Malkin, Kesler, Hanzal
    LW(3): Lucic, Perron, Chimera
    RW(3): Eberle, R. Smith, Doan
    F(3): Stafford (RW), Parenteau (RW), Eakin (C)
    D(6): S. Weber, Suter, Giordano, Yandle, Chara, Polak
    G(1): Miller [+ Niemi, Zatkoff]
    Bench: Filppula (C), Ferland (LW), Stalberg (LW), Weise (RW)

Prospects(10): Roy (C), Tambellini (C), Andreoff (LW), Jensen (LW), Sorensen (RW), Morin (RW), DeMelo (D), Berube (G), Campbell (G)