Thread: Corey Crawford

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Default Corey Crawford

Do you guys think he is the real deal? With Chicago being such a young and up and coming team, do u think he is in their future plans? I know Habby has a few more seasons still as the guy in Chicago but do u think that Crawford will be in there soon?

Or would you rather bank on Jimmy Howard.I know they didnt sign a backup so when Hasek gets hurt maybe Howard will get a chance.

I have both and I dont need either for a couple of years as I have Turco/Luongo.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Default Re:Corey Crawford

Crawford and Howard will both make the show around the same time and both could make apperances this year.... but keep howard, Osgood and Hasek go at the same time... which means Howard could get starter right away if ready... I\'ve seen them both, Howard seems a bit more of a solid thing... but I\'ve also seem more Howard than Crawford to make that assesment
    Current Roster:

F: H Sedin, Plekanec, Perry, Cammalleri, Oshie, Stepan, Anisimov, Kunitz, Justin Williams, Little, Baertchi, Huberdeau, Eberle, Rattie, Hoffman, Holland, Horvat, Dano, Dal Colle, Kerdiles

D: Boumeester, Green, Carlson, Del Zotto, Myers, Alzner, M Staal, Pouliot, Gormley, Mueller

G: Varlamov, Mrazek, Niemi, Vasilevski, Ramo, Hellebuyck

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Although I think Howard is the better goalie, Crawford is a wonderful value selection. He gets lost in the mix when we talk about viable fantasy hockey goalie prospects, so you could get him for much less. Also, he stands to benefit greatly from his situation in Chicago (being what amounts to the only bonafide heir to the #1 spot in their system) and what should be a great increase in the team\'s offensive output due to Toews, Kane, Skille, and whatever lottery pick Chicago more than likely has in 2008.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

What timeline do u see either being a starter/regular NHL goalie? I am thinking Crawford 3years and Howard maybe next year...thoughts?

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Lalime is a 1 yr contract so Munro or Crawford steps in... so depending on the AHL Battle this year he\'s 1-2 years away from making it... 2 years from a starter, which is when Khabbulin goes... (thats just how i ime it for fantasy perpective Chicago might have other plans, but to resign a starter it would cost Chicago alot when they have cheaper, strong alternatives avalible in the system...

Howard\'s rise is harder to gage...
    Howard WILL be in the NHL Next year, and some of this year... Hasek and Osgood run out this year... But Detriot will go starter running they won\'t take it sitting down... and they wont sign a \"Bridg\"e starter for 1 year... it will be 2-4 I\'d expect...
    Also take into Consideration Stefan Liv is a quality prospect in his... 3rd or 4th year pro... yes he signed a 3 year contact in Sweden but it has an escape clause... Liv will most likely com back next year and be 3rd string and fight for backup...

lets say Howard is a starter in 2-5 years... after being a very strong back up and maybe stealing the #1...
    Current Roster:

F: H Sedin, Plekanec, Perry, Cammalleri, Oshie, Stepan, Anisimov, Kunitz, Justin Williams, Little, Baertchi, Huberdeau, Eberle, Rattie, Hoffman, Holland, Horvat, Dano, Dal Colle, Kerdiles

D: Boumeester, Green, Carlson, Del Zotto, Myers, Alzner, M Staal, Pouliot, Gormley, Mueller

G: Varlamov, Mrazek, Niemi, Vasilevski, Ramo, Hellebuyck