Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast

Thread: Who to Draft?

Dobber Sports Demi-God

Default Who to Draft?

By the way - that Prospal pick was simply nuts.

Dobber Sports Demi-God

Default Who to Draft?

I think Whitney or EJ would be good for your next pick if they fall to you - keeping young and probably cheaper than Kaberle - better than Burns I think, more offense on their teams, I think I would take Coburn over Burns as well. Long stretch after that to your next pick - so will be nice to lock up a core D guy. You likely are already starting to think about another goalie in the next couple of rounds.

Dobber Sports Demi-God

Default Who to Draft?

The devil in me says if you think you can get a good young D guy with your 6th or 7th rounder and another goalie - maybe take Stamkos right now, unless you think he would last that long.

Certainly would make a big noise in the draft.

Edit: the more I think about it the more I like the Stamkos pick - this probably as cheap as you are ever going to be able to get a guy with his kind of upside.

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Default Who to Draft?

Well, it is my pick again which I have to say I didn\'t expect to happen so soon. I drafted Parise and was very happy that he fell to me. Vanek crossed my mind but with Luongo\'s salary and Staal due a raise next year I figured that Parise offered great value.

Whitney and EJ are both available and I would probably put Whitney on the top of my list. Kaberle is also very good and at a solid salary though I worry about the team he is on. I was thinking about getting a second goalie in the 6th or 7th rounds...probably the 6th if another starter is still available. However, Stamkos does really intrigue me though and I will have to think hard about drafting him. I am afraid though that many of the top D will be gone before my next pick and, though I doubt it, Stamkos may just fall to me. Certainly an interested decision to be sure.

Dobber Sports Demi-God

Default Who to Draft?

Yeah I think this is just about where Stamkos should be drafted value wise. He is likely to take a hard run at 70 points this season and only climb after that.

As I look at D guys left there are Whitney, Kaberle, EJ in a first grouping, then the next level of Burns, Jaybo, Joni P, Weber, JJ, Carle and Letang who I think fit your team.

I think Whitney is certainly the preferred D guy at this point. But EJ follows him hard in my eyes. Franchise D guy for sure - there is no Letang watching him.

Gawd I am glad this is your team and not mine - I am not sure who I would pick right now - probably Stamkos - I tend to roll the dice on mid 40\'s range D guys and trust my downstream management skills to upgrade that some.

PS I think the Parise pick was a winner - sure went on a little LW run right after - didn\'t it.

Dobber Sports Stud

Default Who to Draft?

ESY16,

I feel ignored.

Anyway, I don\'t mind your draft picks, but I could\'ve told you Green and Backstrom were going to go when they did...

I my opinion both Backstrom & Green > Staal, but we shall see I suppose.

I like the Stamkos pick though...
    ***2018-19 11th Place***

16 TEAM KEEPER
    FORWARDS (G,A,Pts,+/-,PIM,PPG)
    LW:Marchand, Ehlers, Debrusk, Comtois (B-Empty)
    C:Matthews, White, Kotkaniemi, Hughes (B-Empty)
    RW:Laine, Labanc, Buchnevich, Terry (B-Kyrou)
    DEFENSE (G,A,+/-,PIM)
    Shea Weber, Ekman-Larsson, Morrissey, Schultz, Parayko, Hronek (B-Girard, Matheson)
    GOAL (Min,W,GGA)
    Hellebuyck, Markstrom, Samsonov
    PROSPECTS
    Lafraniere (2020)

Dobber Sports Guru

Default Who to Draft?

Shoeless wrote:
    What about that Gaustad pick then, or am I missing something?

ESY 16, I like your pics so far and agree that EJ or Ryan Whitney would be good choices for your next pick. But what about picking another goalie now and take Rick DiPietro? Although I\'m not a big fan of taking player from NYI, there\'s no arguing that his contract is pure gold in a salary capped league like yours. I\'m surprised he even lasted this long. Just a suggestion.

Edit. Should have read first page properly. I see you can\'t take another goalie just yet, too bad.
    UHL Pittsburgh Penguins

24 Team Fantrax Salary Cap H2H Dynasty League
    G, A, +/-, PIM, PPP, SHP, GWG, SOG
    , Hits, Blks, FOW
    W, GAA, SV, SV%, SO
    23 Man Roster - 3C, 3LW, 3RW, 3F, 6D, 1G, 4BN, 4IR
    27 Man Minor Team

C-
    Tavares, Stepan, Granlund, Bjugstad, Couturier
    LW- Ryan, Perron, Ennis, Killorn, Spaling
    RW-
    Wheeler, Simmonds, Coyle, Wingels, Shaw
    D-
    JJ, Schultz, Cowen, Muzzin, Bortuzzo, Stanton
    G- Lehtonen, Rämö

F: Lehterä, Wennberg,
    McNeill, de la Rose, Fast, Leivo, Arnold, Archibald, Lindström
    D: Gelinas, Beaulieu, Koekkoek, McCabe, Johns, Gryba
    G: Berra, Talbot, Brossoit, Ullmark, Lieuwen, Rynnäs

*UHL Champion 2014*

Dobber Sports Demi-God

Default Who to Draft?

Carcillo wrote:
    Shoeless wrote:
    What about that Gaustad pick then, or am I missing something?
    I wondered a couple of things about that Gaustad pick - a)if the guy is a Sabres fan b) looking for a cheap contract c) looking at him as a 4th year potential bustout with PIM\'s - certainly seemed an odd ball pick to me as well Carcillo

Dobber Sports Stud

Default Who to Draft?

I sure don\'t like the rules regarding drafting goalies...now that there are 15 chosen; the position is being held hostage by that one GM.

He already knows which goalie he is gonna take but doesn\'t have to be in any hurry to pick that goalie. Why pick a goalie that you are guaranteed to get as long as there are players at other positions you want?

Bogus rule me thinks...
    ***2018-19 11th Place***

16 TEAM KEEPER
    FORWARDS (G,A,Pts,+/-,PIM,PPG)
    LW:Marchand, Ehlers, Debrusk, Comtois (B-Empty)
    C:Matthews, White, Kotkaniemi, Hughes (B-Empty)
    RW:Laine, Labanc, Buchnevich, Terry (B-Kyrou)
    DEFENSE (G,A,+/-,PIM)
    Shea Weber, Ekman-Larsson, Morrissey, Schultz, Parayko, Hronek (B-Girard, Matheson)
    GOAL (Min,W,GGA)
    Hellebuyck, Markstrom, Samsonov
    PROSPECTS
    Lafraniere (2020)

Dobber Sports Demi-God

Default Who to Draft?

Well they are forced to take their first goalie by this 5th round so that game is now over with the selection of Biron.

I am curious ESY about starting rosters - do you start the full roster each week/day? Is it rotisserie or H2H? Doesn\'t look like a points league. I am guessing H2H with the reference to 3GPW which probably refers to goalie starts.

Dobber Sports Demi-God

Default Who to Draft?

Looks like your draft stalled over the weekend ESY. Your team is looking pretty awesome so far.

Dobber Sports Demi-God

Default Who to Draft?

13 picks away - come on EJ!!!!

Dobber Sports Initiate

Default Who to Draft?

I believe staal > either. Simply because you know a guy wont be around for your next pick does not mean that you have to, or should draft him. I dont believe green will be a 60-65 point dman continually, I do like backstrom though.
    14th year-12 team-Keep 10 + 5 farm
    C-Larkin, Trochek, Pavelski, Hayes, R Strome
    LW-Huberdeau, Meier, Kreider
    RW-Gaudreau, Rantanen, Radulov, Kyrou
    D-Letang, Hamilton, Carlson, Burns, Giordano
    G-Andersen, Lehner, Jones

IR-Tarasenko

Farm - Vilardi, Newhook, McMichael, Gusev, Holtz

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Default Who to Draft?

It is a H2H league with Yahoo. You are correct about the 3 games played per week as well Shoeless. It looks like that forwards are still popular which is good news for me as I am looking towards G and D with my next picks. Unfortunately, it sounds like a lot of people will be going for 2nd goalies with their next picks which is another reason that the no hoarding rule sucks. It makes having a late pick in the 6th round annoying but at least I have Luongo.

Dobber Sports Demi-God

Default Who to Draft?

I was digging quite a bit and I don\'t think you have much to worry about - there are some sleeper possibilities for later rounds in goal that can get you through if push comes to shove. I haven\'t looked at your draft progress but you might very well be in a position to nail 2 really good D guys in the next two picks and still get a solid 2nd tender and a high level goalie prospect.

Edit: just took a peek - EJ went - oh well, there are still several good fish on D. Remarkable that there is such a strong run on centres and forwards right now, with the lock off the goalies. Looks like a goalie is coming to you unless there is a hard run in the next 8 picks. Damn drafts are dynamic - can\'t take your eye off the ball for a second or you miss obvious strategy shifts.