Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread: Who to Draft?

Dobber Sports Demi-God

Default Who to Draft?

Who has offered the pick trades? Scratch that - I can\'t see that being very good for you.

Dobber Sports Superstar

Default Who to Draft?

I don\'t like that pick trade, not when you are moving back a round, and then moving up in the same round later on. if you did that trade (your 3rd + 8th) you should be looking for the 4+5or maybe 6 imo.

I would take Kane, a solid young RW, cheap for a while, I would probably take him over Vanek.

Dobber Sports Demi-God

Default Who to Draft?

Does Parise go LW in your pool?

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Default Who to Draft?

Shoeless wrote:
    Does Parise go LW in your pool?
    We will be using Yahoo so yes Parise will have LW eligibility.

Also, The Chalk Outline offered the trade and his offer now is my 3rd and 9th for his 4th and 6th. I asked for my 3+7 for his 4+5 and he said no. Thoughts?

Thanks again and I am working on the karma for everyone.

Dobber Sports Demi-God

Default Who to Draft?

Lot to evaluate in that pick thing - certainly interesting - be much better if he was farther to the other end of the draft than you. I wonder what he is going for in this pick - bet it is Backstrom with the selections he has already made.

I think Kane over Whitney, by the way. I would still sorely be tempted to grab a LW though - I like Vanek over Parise but not sure enough to pay the hefty contract. I think Parise is simply going to keep rising in value.

Dobber Sports Demi-God

Default Who to Draft?

okay I am with BrianSTC here - I also would take Backstrom and worry about the roster balance later - I really think he is just too valuable to take a pass on here.

Dobber Sports Superstar

Default Who to Draft?

Shoeless wrote:
    Lot to evaluate in that pick thing - certainly interesting - be much better if he was farther to the other end of the draft than you. I wonder what he is going for in this pick - bet it is Backstrom with the selections he has already made.
    completely agree!

I think Kane over Whitney, by the way. I would still sorely be tempted to grab a LW though - I like Vanek over Parise but not sure enough to pay the hefty contract. I think Parise is simply going to keep rising in value.
    from what you said about D, I agree Kane of Whitney, however, right now I am finding RW just as hard to come by as LW, and think that currently Kanes value is higher then Parises. I am a big Parise fan, and agree his value will continue to rise, but personally would take Kane over Parise. With a 16 team league, a salary cap of 75 mil isn\'t too restrictive. yes you want to be conscious of it, but don\'t let it keep you from selecting a few high salary guys. that said, I still personally take Kane of Vanek, but I may be a little bias.

Dobber Sports Demi-God

Default Who to Draft?

letnry wrote:
    Shoeless wrote:
    completely agree!

from what you said about D, I agree Kane of Whitney, however, right now I am finding RW just as hard to come by as LW, and think that currently Kanes value is higher then Parises. I am a big Parise fan, and agree his value will continue to rise, but personally would take Kane over Parise. With a 16 team league, a salary cap of 75 mil isn\'t too restrictive. yes you want to be conscious of it, but don\'t let it keep you from selecting a few high salary guys. that said, I still personally take Kane of Vanek, but I may be a little bias.
    Actually I think yes the wheel has swung around on the Rw/LW rarity to be more on par so probably Kane is a better pick than Parise right now.

Dobber Sports Initiate

Default Who to Draft?

what the heck is up with the goalies being drafted??? budaj in the second round. Someone shoot him. Good pick with kane, but st louis?
    14th year-12 team-Keep 10 + 5 farm
    C-Larkin, Trochek, Pavelski, Hayes, R Strome
    LW-Huberdeau, Meier, Kreider
    RW-Gaudreau, Rantanen, Radulov, Kyrou
    D-Letang, Hamilton, Carlson, Burns, Giordano
    G-Andersen, Lehner, Jones

IR-Tarasenko

Farm - Vilardi, Newhook, McMichael, Gusev, Holtz

Dobber Sports Stud

Default Who to Draft?

You haven\'t drafted bad at all, however, I wouldve went Loungo, Green, Backstrom...

oh well...

there is still a faint hope you might get Backstrom though...

I like the Kane choice...
    ***2018-19 11th Place***

16 TEAM KEEPER
    FORWARDS (G,A,Pts,+/-,PIM,PPG)
    LW:Marchand, Ehlers, Debrusk, Comtois (B-Empty)
    C:Matthews, White, Kotkaniemi, Hughes (B-Empty)
    RW:Laine, Labanc, Buchnevich, Terry (B-Kyrou)
    DEFENSE (G,A,+/-,PIM)
    Shea Weber, Ekman-Larsson, Morrissey, Schultz, Parayko, Hronek (B-Girard, Matheson)
    GOAL (Min,W,GGA)
    Hellebuyck, Markstrom, Samsonov
    PROSPECTS
    Lafraniere (2020)

Dobber Sports Initiate

Default Who to Draft?

what type of a league is this? Some meathead drafted ellis. Check in on dobber frequently and you should do very well.

IR-Tarasenko

Dobber Sports Demi-God

Default Who to Draft?

Kinda fun for us to be voyeurs in the process. 2 more goalies to be taken before the door opens for someone to take their 2nd - bet 16 teams have their first goalie before before ESY\'s next pick.

Folks are staying off of d guys for now.

tybiggs is right - there have been some very strange (read poor) picks to this point.

Kinda surprised Gabbie is still floating out there after 40 picks (contract issue?).

Lots of goodies still out there.

Go get em buddy!!

Dobber Sports Initiate

Default Who to Draft?

you definitely have a solid team. I agree on gabo and if hossa slips much further, round 6/7 I\'d have a hard time not taking him and going for the win this year.

Drafting is by far the best part. I\'m bored.

IR-Tarasenko

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Default Who to Draft?

It is now my turn to pick in the 4th round! The spreadsheet isn\'t updated so here are the picks not listed on the spreadsheet:

4. DarkestOne2112 - Patrick Sharp
    5. Warrior Fenix - Jeff Carter
    6. Centurion - Alexander Semin
    7. Braby - Brian Rafalski
    8. TurismoFan1986 - Sergei Gonchar
    9. DanHarrison680 - Alexander Frolov
    10. carnge360 - Jean Pierre Dumont
    11. blitzballmaniac - Brian Campbell

If you haven\'t been following, the players on my team currently are Luongo, E. Staal, and Kane. DarkestOne didn\'t take a goalie (and won\'t have to until next round) so I still can\'t take a second goalie. My thoughts are that I should grab Parise right now to get a top LW on a good contract and then pick the best D available with my 5th round pick. Gaborik is tempting but the contract is only for 1 more year and a bit expensive. I could go for a D now but I think there should be a good one left (Whitney, Kaberle, Bunrs, etc.) by the time my next pick rolls around. As always, I would appreciate the advice of everyone here and thanks again everyone! I am continuing to work on the karma as well.

P.S., BrianSTC: Although it seems like I have been ignoring you I do appreciate your advice, lol. I honestly thought that Green would fall and then I picked Kane since I (accurately) predicted the huge run on wingers. No hard feelings, haha. B)

Dobber Sports Demi-God

Default Who to Draft?

Vanek is still out there huh? As I remember you were shy on his contract. I like a LW here (upgrade that to highly desirable after a further look) and Parise is good and getting better - on a bit of a defensive team - seems like D Sedin is still out there as well and AKostitsyn - some decent choices for a LW.

Ahhh uhhhhh I would take anyone of Vanek, Sedin or Parise here depending on the favorability of their contracts to you. Vanek is a cut above as far as I am concerned but it may not be enough to warrant his contract. You might well enjoy the extra cash later in the draft.