Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: Taylor Hall

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Default Re: Taylor Hall

Can't find any recent updates but he was originally scheduled to be out about 6 weeks as of Feb. 10, so we're still about 2 weeks away from his expected return. I would hope that he is or starts skating soon though.

Dobber Sports Initiate

given where the team is....would you rush him back or play for the lottery?

Dobber Sports Titan

Keep him on IR, no point
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

Dobber Sports Padawan

So today marks 5 weeks to the day of the injury, this website refers to this as a 2-4 week thing (http://oilers.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=733293) but we know it was i believe 4-6 week injury officially. I realize Oilers may not want him back at all but damn, my season rests on him coming back to replace one of my stiffs. Bizarre that Edmonton media not more proactive, i haven't seen a single story indicating reporters have pressed management on this.
    Non-keeper 11-team auction league with 5 active forwards, two D. Points only (G=1, A=1)

The world does not judge actions on their own merit, but on their chance results, and they consider that only those actions which are blessed with a happy outcome have been undertaken with sound advice and reason
    -- Boethius

Dobber Sports Deity

If they are smart they just shut him down for the year. They aren't playing for anything anyway.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    If they are smart they just shut him down for the year. They aren't playing for anything anyway.
    They're actually playing for "EVERYTHING". And Hall absence is only helping their cause.

I hate not being able to play him myself, but the thought of who the addition will be to play with Hall potentially next year actually excites me more than getting him back in this year.

Dobber Sports Padawan

I thought the Oilers were trying to show they're one of the few bottom-feeders with some integrity...
    Non-keeper 11-team auction league with 5 active forwards, two D. Points only (G=1, A=1)

The world does not judge actions on their own merit, but on their chance results, and they consider that only those actions which are blessed with a happy outcome have been undertaken with sound advice and reason
    -- Boethius

Dobber Sports Grand Master

I disagree with the notion of "there's no point". He was having a pretty brutal year and the Oiler's have been much better lately (play, not results). The "point" is to get him back playing with some confidence. Or else to motivate him to train super hard so a year like this doesn't happen again. Not to mention if they plan on keeping Todd Nelson, you'd rather have Hall going into next season knowing his system instead of trying to learn it and be behind.

Dobber Sports Ninja

Any actual updates on his status? It's been close to 6 weeks...

I took a flier on him this week.

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by rataylor22 View Post
    I disagree with the notion of "there's no point". He was having a pretty brutal year and the Oiler's have been much better lately (play, not results). The "point" is to get him back playing with some confidence. Or else to motivate him to train super hard so a year like this doesn't happen again. Not to mention if they plan on keeping Todd Nelson, you'd rather have Hall going into next season knowing his system instead of trying to learn it and be behind.
    If they bring him back for 10 games, he just runs the risk of hurting himself again and having to workout 6-8weeks later in the offseason. He has all of September to learn a new system and who knows where a team will be 6 months down the road. The head coach may have switch tactics by then knowing he has Eichel, McDavid, or neither.

It’s like Polak and MacKinnon, why play them to further hurt themselves in a lost season. Get them healthy for when the regular season is done, then they get to go into the off-season like they were healthy. Typical time to relax, fish, travel, and then come back to work out and train.
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

Dobber Sports Novice

Finally an update on Hall!

Let's start with Hall. Hall broke a bone above his ankle on February 2nd against the San Jose Sharks. He saw the doctor within a few days and the diagnosis was that he would be out 4-6 weeks. Six weeks will be next Tuesday, and it looks like Hall will return to the lineup either next Wednesday vs. Columbus or Saturday the 21st vs. Philadelphia.

Hall resumed skating earlier this week I was told and is hoping to practice with the team when they return from their road trip. I spoke to Hall after he was injured and he said at that time he really wanted to get back on the ice, finish the season, and hopefully get an invite to play for Canada at the World Championships.

Barring a setback, it looks like Hall will play between 10-12 games down the stretch. I know some have suggested the Oilers should rest him, but if the doctor gives him a clean bill of health, the Oilers can't sit him out. When we spoke in early February he was adamant he wanted to play, and after sitting out six weeks you can bet he is more anxious than ever to return to the lineup.

I'd guess we see him on the 21st against Philly, but maybe as early as the 18th against Columbus.
    http://oilersnation.com/2015/3/11/fa...update-on-hall

Dobber Sports Padawan

while this is fantastic news, why not the 16th, the home game vs Toronto and first after a long road trip? Wouldn't six weeks minus a day be reasonable? I sure hope so, desperately need his talent and with Eberle and RNH finally clicking one hopes the trio could pull off some magic. But can't activate him if it's only for 1-2 games.

-- Boethius

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Quote Originally Posted by blogesalming View Post
    ^ About time!!! Thanks for this update- I was wondering if there was any news. So, according to the Feb. 2nd date, 6 weeks would be right at March 16th. So, definitely the long end of the prediction.… Hopefully when he does comes back, he actually plays close to the ppg player he was last year and not…. well, whatever he's been this year! I kept him over Kopi in my partial keeper league. Not that Kopitar has been lighting it up, but sheesh!
    10 team "Keeper-ish" League
    Keep players for 2 yrs. (yrs left in brackets)
    If we trade, we keep new players for this season +2 add. yrs after this season ends. Any 2+ = obtained thru trade this season.

C- Crosby (2+), Malkin (2+, RW) Steen (2+, LW), RNH (2)
    LW- Staal (2, C) Tatar (2) Vanek (2+, RW), Kunitz (2+)
    RW- Voracek (2) Vrbata (2+) Kesler (2+, C)
    D- Phaneuf (2) Subban (2+) Yandle (2+), Vatanen (2), Klingberg (2)

G- Rask (1), Rinne (2), Gibson (2)

Kunitz & Staal (had to drop), Brodie & MacKinnon (had to drop- crappy!)

H-2-H League
    3 Cs 3LWs 3RWs 4D 2G
    5 Bench
    G A +/- PPP SHG GWG SOG PIM HITS W Saves SV% GAA SO

Dobber Sports Padawan

Hot off the Twitter press from the Edmonton Journal beat writer Jim Matheson (@NHLbyMatty) -- Hall "could be back Monday vs Toronto or Wed vs Jackets." Good enuf for me, i'm putting him up. Just the chance of playing at home vs Leafs is too much upside to pass up on. I think pools will be won and lost based on how many games your guys have vs tanking teams. Many players definitely in stats-padding mode at this point in season, their eyes will get big facing teams like Sabres, Leafs, Oilers, Coyotes

-- Boethius

Dobber Sports Ninja

Let's keep this thread updated boys, would be huge for those of us in weekly leagues if we can get confirmation by monday afternoon.