Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: Taylor Hall

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Default Re: Taylor Hall

Quote Originally Posted by distantyeti58 View Post
    datsyuk is a band-aid boy to me, minus the lockout season ( which could be argued that the wear and tear on the players body wasnt as significant because of the shorter time period and less games) hasnt played a full season since the '09-'10 season.

Malkin i would say is a BAB as well. Again has missed significant time quite often, not including this season ( so far so good but season is just over half done so there is plenty of hockey left hopefully he plays the full season but who knows so far)

Zetterberg missed signifiacnt time last year and if he misses significant time this year then i would consider him a BAB.

Crosby is a bab but if he can stay healthy this year which is looking good i will be more confident in him paying a full season as he also played a full season last year (2 games off is nothing) ( halls 3 games off isnt much either in the shortned season as it is still 77 games played over an 82 game season but its the seasons of injuries before that thta make me consider hall a BAB.

And if you consider giroux the same amount of risk to miss games as hall then whatever floats your boat because giroux has missed 5 games over 5 seasons hall missed 7 last year, 3 in the shortened season, and 21 the year before that.

I think we interpret the status " bandaid boy" differently though.

To me you trade a band-aid boy if you can get equal or better production than what your player would do if he is healthy, if you cannot get that value then do not do it

Just because a player is a bandaid boy does not mean he is invaluable, it just means that he cannot be relied upon to play an 82 game season.

giroux IMO can considering he has 4 full seasons in the last 5.
    You agreed with every example I threw down except Giroux... Ok... He was slightly a tongue in cheek example... But forget him... Pretty sure we interpret Bab the same way.

You say that you would trade a BAB if you could get equal or better value than what your player would do if he is Healthy.

What the hell does being a Bab have to do with that theory? To me I'd trade Any player if I could get someone that could out produce him healthy or not. I don't understand your point? Or do you mean to say... You would trade a BAB if you could get a healthy player that could produce as much healthy that your Bab does with injury time factored in?

Dobber Sports Initiate

Any news on a date he might start skating or be back? I might have to drop him in my 1 year league. I can't see the Oilers rushing him back. They might just shut him down for the year I think.

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by bigs_biggie View Post
    Any news on a date he might start skating or be back? I might have to drop him in my 1 year league. I can't see the Oilers rushing him back. They might just shut him down for the year I think.
    You should have dropped him a long time ago... even healthy he's been mediocre

Dobber Sports Initiate

Quote Originally Posted by blayze View Post
    You should have dropped him a long time ago... even healthy he's been mediocre
    Very slim pickings on ww. He's taking up a bench spot for now.

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Quote Originally Posted by bigs_biggie View Post
    Hopefully not. Not that he's killing it for me this year, but unfortunate to miss that much time so early in his career.

Dobber Sports Novice

In case anyone was wondering when the 6 weeks start from, it looks like the Oilers website says it was retroactive to February 4th.
    A little better than the Feb. 12th IR announcement. That would put him roughly half way through the expected timetable.

http://oilers.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=733293

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by blogesalming View Post
    In case anyone was wondering when the 6 weeks start from, it looks like the Oilers website says it was retroactive to February 4th.
    A little better than the Feb. 12th IR announcement. That would put him roughly half way through the expected timetable.

http://oilers.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=733293
    Good to know especially with H2H playoffs coming or a lot of people.

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

I'm keeping my flame for him alive through next year to see if he gets the chance to play with McDavid or Eichel, which could have a huge impact on him. If that doesn't happen and he keeps piling up the injuries, it'll be time to sell.

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Quote Originally Posted by Burgundy View Post
    I'm keeping my flame for him alive through next year to see if he gets the chance to play with McDavid or Eichel, which could have a huge impact on him. If that doesn't happen and he keeps piling up the injuries, it'll be time to sell.
    And there's the rub. By then... if you determine that the injuires are no longer managible... you'll be selling at an even lower level than he is right now.

Dobber Sports Padawan

Just sold Hall and his 3yr contract + a 1st RD pick for Backes(2yr) and Kunitz.

Taking a run at the cup made it a pretty easy choice to scrap his future potential.
    WHL (24-Team Daily H2H)
    Weighted Scoring: G(1),A(1),PPP(0.5),+/-(0.25), SOG/PIM/HIT/BLK(all 0.05), FOW-C(0.01)

Braham Pietasters
    C(3): Barkov, Seguin, N.Schmaltz
    LW(3): Gaudreau, Pacioretty, Hinostroza
    RW(3): Radulov, Mantha, Dadonov
    F(3): Bailey, Thornton, Vanek
    D(6): Josi, Jones, Krug, Leddy, Ellis, Miller
    G(1): Bishop (Sparks)
    Bench: T. Wilson (RW), Boyle (C), Pirri (C), Boyd (C)
    Farm: Myers (D), Husso (G), Soderstrom (G), Petersen (G), Anderson-Dolan (C), Pilut (D), Capobianco (D), Aho (D)

Dobber Sports Ace

Does anyone have an update on Hall? He's on my IR in my salary cap dynasty H2H league, but we have a complete roster freeze that goes into effect this Thursday (bringing guys back off the IR does not count as a roster move and something we have to do or else we lose that player). This puts me in a bit of an awkward situation because I have Vatanen on my IR as well, and I just had Kane go down on me. Vatanen will almost certainly be back this year, but depending on what I think will happen with Taylor Hall will determine how I go about filling the three roster spots that are empty. I will definitely be picking up a player around Vatanen's cap hit, and make a simple swap when he returns, but for the remaining cap space, I'd rather pick up two ~$5 million players, rather than a high-priced guy and a cheap guy. The problem is, if I pick up two ~$5 million guys, dropping either one won't give me the cap space to fit in Hall should he return from injury.

If none of that makes sense, then I go back to the simple question of whether anyone has an update on Taylor's timetable to return, if he even will be this year. Thanks.

Dobber Sports Padawan

I can't source this but my last bit of research indicated I may have him active for the final 3 weeks of the regular season.
    Non-keeper 11-team auction league with 5 active forwards, two D. Points only (G=1, A=1)

The world does not judge actions on their own merit, but on their chance results, and they consider that only those actions which are blessed with a happy outcome have been undertaken with sound advice and reason
    -- Boethius

Dobber Sports Stud

Picked him up for my IR like a week back. If he plays from the 18th, that's 11 games. Quite worth it if you have an IR spot open IMO.
    ------------OLD------------
    15 Team Yahoo Rotisserie (1YR)
    Max Games Played
    3C, 3LW, 3RW, 4D, 2G, 4BN
    G, A, +/-, PIM, PPG, SHG, SOG, FW, HIT, BLK
    W, GAA, SV%, SHO

C: Giroux, Stastny, Fisher
    LW: Benn, Hall, Lucic, Hartnell
    RW: Stamkos, Hossa, Stafford
    D: Karlsson, Byfuglien, Brodie, Borowiecki, Pouliot
    G: Elliott, Allen, Dubnyk, Stalock
    IR: P. Kane

Notable Trades:
    Khudobin -> Hartnell (Oct 12)
    Ehrhoff -> Lupul (Nov 12)
    Greiss -> Hossa (Nov 21)
    Forsberg, Kucherov, Stalock -> Stamkos (Dec 20)
    Varlamov -> Lucic (Jan 20)
    E. Staal -> Byfuglien (Jan 20)
    Halak, Perreault -> Benn (Feb 10)

Dobber Sports Ace

I guess I best make sure that I have a non-keeper type player, making around $6 million, who I can drop if (when?) Hall comes back.

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Is he even skating? I didn't see a single update on his status.
    H2H Daily 12 Team League, 7 Keepers
    Start 3C, 3 LW, 3 RW, 4D, 2G
    G, A, +/-, SOG, PPP, PIM, HIT, BLK, W, L, GAA, SV%, SHO

2014-15 Champion

C- Tavares, Krejci, Trocheck
    LW- Hall, Lee, Guentzel (C), Lucic, Skinner, Marchessault (C)
    RW- Lindholm (C), Radulov, Nylander (C), Arvidsson,
    D- Weber, Provorov, Klingberg, Hamilton
    G- Bishop, Lehner, Mrazek

Farm: Zacha, Bjork