Thread: Nick Schultz Worthy of Extension, Not Trade

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Default Nick Schultz Worthy of Extension, Not Trade

Should the Flyers bring back 32-year-old veteran defenseman Nick Schultz? Or does trading him make more sense?

http://goo.gl/ofoc8B

Dobber Sports Deity

Default Re: Nick Schultz Worthy of Extension, Not Trade

Your article starts out:

The idea of re-upping Nick Schultz may be an unpopular one, but that doesn’t mean it’s wrong.
    I read your article and it was good. I just don't know why you think re-signing him would be an unpopular move, other than it may block a kid from getting a spot. I definitely think he's earned a new deal from the Flyers. Schultz has been a pleasant surprise.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Default Re: Nick Schultz Worthy of Extension, Not Trade

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    Your article starts out:

I read your article and it was good. I just don't know why you think re-signing him would be an unpopular move, other than it may block a kid from getting a spot. I definitely think he's earned a new deal from the Flyers. Schultz has been a pleasant surprise.
    Great question. Sorry I didn't respond sooner. I was out to dinner with the wife last night when I received the notification.

Anywho, I wrote that based off of what I had been seeing on Twitter. The fan base really wants to unload - sell the house. They want Schultz, Streit, Coburn, and Grossmann all traded. While I appreciate their realistic view of the current season, I just can't endorse unloading Streit or Schultz. Not if you want to compete next year.