Thread: Duncan Keith - Good value?

Dobber Sports Ace

Default Duncan Keith - Good value?

Standard Yahoo, H2H (dynasty) league. With real life team and individual salary caps, is Duncan Keith ($5.538 million) good value?

Because of his name recognition, I definitely feel that he has good trade value, but maybe I am just over-thinking a current slump he is in? Offensively, the big guns are firing on all cylinders for the 'Hawks right now, so it is a bit concerning that Keith hasn't been putting up much in terms of fantasy relevance for the last while, if really at all this season (in comparison to what we may have been expecting).

The big consideration for me is that, in a dynasty league, Keith's cap hit, relatively to his typical comparable peers, is phenomenal, and will continue to look great over the next few years as newer, and larger, contracts are signed.

Your thoughts?

I...am your father.

Default Re: Duncan Keith - Good value?

In Keith's case, I'm thinking trade the big name value here. You'll get great return, and seasons like last year only come once in three years with him
    The Best Fantasy Hockey Site

15-Team Keeper, points only, best 12 fwd, 4 dman, 2 G count. Playoffs count.

F - T. Thompson, Thomas, Nylander, Tarasenko, Arvidsson, Guentzel, Fiala, Quinn, Mittelstadt, Hagel, Zacha, Roslovic, Berggren, Brink, Ostlund
    G - Kahkonen, Vejmelka, L. Thompson, Levi, Comrie
    D - Hronek, Morrissey, Lundkvist, Girard, Brannstrom, Rathbone, Hanifin, Severson, Durzi

Dobber Sports Titan

Trade him, he only produces if it’s an Olympic year. His name value is massive.
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by tobias View Post
    Standard Yahoo, H2H (dynasty) league. With real life team and individual salary caps, is Duncan Keith ($5.538 million) good value?

Because of his name recognition, I definitely feel that he has good trade value, but maybe I am just over-thinking a current slump he is in? Offensively, the big guns are firing on all cylinders for the 'Hawks right now, so it is a bit concerning that Keith hasn't been putting up much in terms of fantasy relevance for the last while, if really at all this season (in comparison to what we may have been expecting).

The big consideration for me is that, in a dynasty league, Keith's cap hit, relatively to his typical comparable peers, is phenomenal, and will continue to look great over the next few years as newer, and larger, contracts are signed.

Your thoughts?
    Keith's contract might start to look good compared to others at his position but it doesn't necessarily make his contract one you want to attach yourself to. In general, I try to avoid big cap hits on defense because it's just so easy for an off year to create a huge burden.
    Follow me on Twitter@SteveLaidlaw

https://image.ibb.co/k3o8Sa/dobber_banner_sig.jpg

Dobber Sports Ace

One thing with Keith is that his salary really decreases in the next few years he will be a bargain in a salary dynasty. I apologize as I'm typing this if you are using cap hit opposed to salary though as that changes it a bit

Dobber Sports Sophomore

I say his contract is good value but it may be time to move him. He's now on the downward trajectory of his career at 31 yrs of age and his production will likely continue to decline. Move him for younger D man such as Barrie, Trouba, Hamilton, Josi, Krug, Ekblad, vatanen, etc and other pieces. I would target a young roster player or two such those listed to replace him on D and fill a hole elsewhere, plus a high end prospect(s) and draft pick(s). Move him while he still has name value.
    12 Team Capped (Auction Style) H2H League
    G, A, +/-, W, SO, OTL
    20 player min, 23 Max. $60M Cap
    Start 12 2C, 4W, 4D, 2G

C: Kuznetsov , toffoli, staal, Turris
    W: Schwartz, Grandlund, Palat, Spooner, Rakell,
    D: Carlson, Hedman, Gostisbehere, Lindell, Maatta, Pieterangelo
    G: Lundqvist , Quick, Elliot
    Farm: Petan, Buchnevich, Bjorkstrand, AHO,
    4 Time HOLE Fantasy Hockey League Champion: 2011, 2013, 2015, & 2017

Dobber Sports Ace

Thanks for the feedback, everyone. I will see what I can do about moving him. There doesn't seem to be much interest (he has been terrible fantasy-wise lately), so maybe I will have to wait two or three weeks if I don't want to drop him for nothing, and hope he gets it going again. His name value, plus the Blackhawks' name value, would hopefully net some sort of return.

Dobber Sports Ace

I ended up trading MY Keith, J. Carter, 2nd for Byfuglien. With available cap space, I then picked up Parise.

At first, I was simply going to drop Keith, and do another minor move (my Toffoli is coming off the IR), to get the cap space for Parise. However, I figured that I'd rather have Byfuglien over J. Carter, so I took a crack at it with Keith and got it worked out. I already have two 1st round picks next year, likely picks #1 and #2 (early scouting of other teams and smart trades landed me those), so seeing as it is a dynasty league, I didn't think my 2nd round pick was more important than Byfuglien over Carter. Carter has his salary cap set for life, so whether I can keep Byfuglien beyond next year remains to be seen. However, I'm in a position to win, so I had to go for it.

Dobber Sports Titan

I really like Buff, and next yr will be a contract yr for Buff, which usually means inflated stats. Very good trades. Keith + Carter is not as good as Parise+Buff. In my eyes at least
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll