Thread: Who should I keep?

Dobber Sports Genius

Default Who should I keep?

Team in sig....no chance to win this year but I have a lot of youth....who should I keep for next year and who should I try to trade?

Mackinnon (0.925M next year)
    Drouin (0.925M next year)
    Kuznetsov (RFA next year....bridge contract?)
    Granlund (RFA next year...bridge?)
    Toffoli (RFA next year....bridge?)
    El Nino (2.6M next year)

Mack and Drouin are easy keepers but the others?

Thoughts?
    12 teams dynasty, Points only ( G and A = 1pt)

F: McDavid (12.5M), Kucherov (9.5M), Boldy (7M), Kyrou (8.13M), J. Norris (7.95M), Zegras (5.95M), Kuzmenko (5.5M), Reichel (0.925M), P. Kane (2.75M), Lundell (0.925M), Rasmussen (1.46M), Rossi (0.86M).

D: Korchinski (0.925M), Byram (3.85M), Burns (5.28M).

G: Kochetkov (2M), Shesterkin (5,670M).

Bench: E. Karlsson (10M), Lucius (0.925M), Edvinsson (0.89M), Askarov (0.925M), Quinn (0.86M), Berggren (0.925M), Stankoven (0.81M), Knight (4.5M), Mitchkov (TBD), Athanasiou (4.25M), Samsonov (3.55M), Klingberg (4.15M).

Dobber Sports Titan

Default Re: Who should I keep?

To a contending team, I’d be moving Marleau, Neal, and maybe Howard when he comes back and plays a few games. With a full team keeper, you have a fair bit of youthful talent, but guys like Fowler (4mill), Filppula (5mill), Nino (1.9mill), Marleau (7mill) are really high cap hits for their production.

Kuzy, Granlund, Toff, and Nino in a 9team league would be hard to move because they’re barely rostered players. I’d be moving everyone except Duchene, Malkin (maybe), Mac, Drouin, and Hedman. Except if you got a great deal for Malkin bringing in multiple higher end talent players, I’d be inclined to do that.
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

Dobber Sports Padawan

Default Re: Who should I keep?

Its a limited so you want to max out on talent and not worry so much about the rest of your roster during the rebuild. Keep Malkin, MacKinnon, Hedman. Drouin and Kuznetsov are maybes. You should be trying to trade quantity for quality to jack up the top end of your roster now then look to acquire depth down the road. The high end players should be relatively young given your timeline.