Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread: MLK Day - Mailbag - Answering Your Fantasy Hockey Questions

Administrator

Default Re: MLK Day - Mailbag - Answering Your Fantasy Hockey Questions

Quote Originally Posted by Savvy1982 View Post
    Looking at my Protection List in my sig - is there any way I can protect David Perron this offseason?

We are adding two new teams, so I am 100% losing two players - who would you leave unprotected to shelter Perron, or would you even bother?

(Nylander and Kapanen had to be set at the start of the season - I can't change their Protection status).

I'm currently in 1st, hoping to have a little run of Championships over the next few years.
    Way too early to be thinking protections. He could win a spot if he has a ridiculous second half. Yandle would then get dumped since you only start three D. But again, you have tons of time to wait for more information.
    Follow me on Twitter@SteveLaidlaw

https://image.ibb.co/k3o8Sa/dobber_banner_sig.jpg

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Gramps View Post
    For the team in my sig, would you prefer to have Eichel and Tarasenko or Holtby and Wheeler?
    Holtby and Wheeler. Go for the win.

Dobber Sports Guru

Two-parter for league in sig, and points transfer over in trades:

I'm barely in third in my league in sig (top three pay). I'm trying to get Tyler Johnson and Giordano from the guy in sixth. I've offered Ovi, Schultz, Chara and my first rounder next year for Johnson, Gio, Steen and his third this year. He's still unsure, but I feel like by putting in Ovi and a first rounder, I'm worried I could be overpaying now. Thoughts? It would put me in second place, about 30 points behind first, but the guy in front has a lot of depth and an injured Rinner.

On the same token, the guy in fifth (but just nine points back of me) has told me he wants to make a run as he's never finished in the top three in our six years since the league began. He has Tavares, but his defence is brutal (top five dmen count, and his fifth-best dman has just 14 points). Would a deal of Carlson, Letang, a first and a depth player like Iggy for Tavares be an underpayment? He would get 30 points, and have a good shot at a top-three finish.

So pretty much, I'm wondering if I should go for it, or make a move for Tavares and go into next season with Malkin, Stamkos, Ovi and Tavares?

Writer of the weekly Top 10 column.

12-team Keeper pool, straight points for forwards & dmen. Goalies get: 2 points per win, 3 per shutout, 1 point per assist & 1 point per shootout loss.

League champ in 2013, 2015, 2018, 2020 and 2022.

Top 8 forwards, 5 dmen and 2 goalies count.

We keep 15 players (any position) plus two rookies.

Forwards: Panarin, Ovechkin, Kopitar, Stamkos, Tuch, Rust, Marchessault, Pavelski, Miller, Bertuzzi, Stone, Kakko, Brown, Stankoven, Kovalenko
    Defence: Hedman, Fox, Matheson, Thrun, Jiricek
    Goalies: Kochetkov, Talbot, Vasilevskiy, Campbell, Schmid

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Who wins this trade for this year and long term?

Keeper League - G=1 pt, A=1pt, GWG=1pt, PIM=0.2

Rick Nash and Johnny Boychuk

for

Keith Yandle and David Perron

Thanks very much
    14-team Keeper (Keep 15)
    G A PIM W SO

F: Huberdeau, E Lindholm, Aho, Zibanejad, Fiala, Malkin, Hertl, Trocheck, R Thomas
    D: Chabot, Krug, Dahlin, Klingberg, Matheson
    G: Sorokin

Bench
    F:
    McCann, Mittelstadt, Tolvanen, Arvidsson, Wheeler
    D: Forsling, Schultz
    G: Sorokin, Murray, Quick

10-team Keeper (Keep 14)
    G A PIM PPG PPA SHG GWG S H BLK W SO SV GA

F: Ovechkin, Marchand, Forsberg, Bennett, Hertl, Malkin, Bertuzzi, Keller, Kopitar, Necas, Terravanien, Kadri
    D: Doughty, Karlsson, Sergachev, Sandin, Andersson, Addison
    G: Jarry, Oettinger, Hill

One more, don't wanna get greedy thanks again

Most points/pims second half? Ranking if possible too?

Derrick Brassard
    Ryan Kesler
    Jarome Iginla
    Martin Hanzal
    Craig Smith
    Jiri Tlusty

Thanks!!
    14-team Keeper (Keep 15)
    G A PIM W SO

F: Huberdeau, E Lindholm, Aho, Zibanejad, Fiala, Malkin, Hertl, Trocheck, R Thomas
    D: Chabot, Krug, Dahlin, Klingberg, Matheson
    G: Sorokin

Bench
    F:
    McCann, Mittelstadt, Tolvanen, Arvidsson, Wheeler
    D: Forsling, Schultz
    G: Sorokin, Murray, Quick

10-team Keeper (Keep 14)
    G A PIM PPG PPA SHG GWG S H BLK W SO SV GA

F: Ovechkin, Marchand, Forsberg, Bennett, Hertl, Malkin, Bertuzzi, Keller, Kopitar, Necas, Terravanien, Kadri
    D: Doughty, Karlsson, Sergachev, Sandin, Andersson, Addison
    G: Jarry, Oettinger, Hill

Dobber Sports Ace

So, I am top 4 for the league in my signature. We only start 1 goalie a night, but I am at a disadvantage compared to the other top 3 because my second goalie is Ben Scrivens. I have been looking to rectify this for a while and have only found 1 GM willing to talk moving a goalie. He wants Karlsson as he is in a rebuild mode and defenseman points are weighted.

We are pretty settled that he will include Varlamov in the deal (he also has Bernier who I can hold out for). He is willing to put in Trouba (I could likely take J. Schultz instead for an upgrade elsewhere in the trade) as long as I don't hold out for MacKinnon as the forward he includes.

He proposed MacKinnon and Varlamov straight up for Karlsson, which I turned down.

I think he would go for Varlamov, Nyquist, and Trouba for Karlsson. I could try Varlamov, MacKinnon, and Schultz as an alternative.

Every time I mention moving Karlsson in the forums, I get the blanket response that I can't even consider such a thing. Currently Karlsson is outside the top 5 for defenseman league points and is nearly 80 league points off top billing (which is Shattenkirk).

Truth is some more depth would definitely help my team compete for the championship. Varlamov was the top goalie in our league last year by a wide margin (by 60 points).

I know the rule of thumb is that the team getting the best player generally wins the trade, so am I foolish to continue to entertain these talks?
    Dyn H2H (14 tm) - Start 4C, 4LW, 4RW, 6D, 2G, Bench - 8, Farm - 20 (less than 100 GP) Categories: G, A, P, +/-, PIM, SOG, STP, H+B, TOI, W, GAA, SV%, SV, SO

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by newfcollins View Post
    Two-parter for league in sig, and points transfer over in trades:

I'm barely in third in my league in sig (top three pay). I'm trying to get Tyler Johnson and Giordano from the guy in sixth. I've offered Ovi, Schultz, Chara and my first rounder next year for Johnson, Gio, Steen and his third this year. He's still unsure, but I feel like by putting in Ovi and a first rounder, I'm worried I could be overpaying now. Thoughts? It would put me in second place, about 30 points behind first, but the guy in front has a lot of depth and an injured Rinner.

On the same token, the guy in fifth (but just nine points back of me) has told me he wants to make a run as he's never finished in the top three in our six years since the league began. He has Tavares, but his defence is brutal (top five dmen count, and his fifth-best dman has just 14 points). Would a deal of Carlson, Letang, a first and a depth player like Iggy for Tavares be an underpayment? He would get 30 points, and have a good shot at a top-three finish.

So pretty much, I'm wondering if I should go for it, or make a move for Tavares and go into next season with Malkin, Stamkos, Ovi and Tavares?
    I think that the answer is always to go for it. The second deal wouldn't make much sense from that perspective or even the perspective of loading up for next year. You keep 15 so there's value in depth.

I don't love the buy high/sell low aspects of swapping Ovechkin and Johnson. I see Ovy having a big second half while Johnson fades. Even if Johnson doesn't fade a big second half from Ovechkin means selling your squad short. Try that sort of deal without Ovy and Johnson and you'll still come out ahead.

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by dave04 View Post
    Who wins this trade for this year and long term?

Keeper League - G=1 pt, A=1pt, GWG=1pt, PIM=0.2

Rick Nash and Johnny Boychuk

for

Keith Yandle and David Perron

Thanks very much
    Nash and Boychuk for me. I'm not buying high on a hot week from Perron even if I know he's good.

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by dave04 View Post
    One more, don't wanna get greedy thanks again

Most points/pims second half? Ranking if possible too?

Derrick Brassard
    Ryan Kesler
    Jarome Iginla
    Martin Hanzal
    Craig Smith
    Jiri Tlusty

Thanks!!
    Kesler
    Brassard
    Iginla
    Hanzal
    Smith
    Tlusty

Look for a possible spike out of Hanzal if/when Vermette gets dealt.

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Enapai View Post
    So, I am top 4 for the league in my signature. We only start 1 goalie a night, but I am at a disadvantage compared to the other top 3 because my second goalie is Ben Scrivens. I have been looking to rectify this for a while and have only found 1 GM willing to talk moving a goalie. He wants Karlsson as he is in a rebuild mode and defenseman points are weighted.

We are pretty settled that he will include Varlamov in the deal (he also has Bernier who I can hold out for). He is willing to put in Trouba (I could likely take J. Schultz instead for an upgrade elsewhere in the trade) as long as I don't hold out for MacKinnon as the forward he includes.

He proposed MacKinnon and Varlamov straight up for Karlsson, which I turned down.

I think he would go for Varlamov, Nyquist, and Trouba for Karlsson. I could try Varlamov, MacKinnon, and Schultz as an alternative.

Every time I mention moving Karlsson in the forums, I get the blanket response that I can't even consider such a thing. Currently Karlsson is outside the top 5 for defenseman league points and is nearly 80 league points off top billing (which is Shattenkirk).

Truth is some more depth would definitely help my team compete for the championship. Varlamov was the top goalie in our league last year by a wide margin (by 60 points).

I know the rule of thumb is that the team getting the best player generally wins the trade, so am I foolish to continue to entertain these talks?
    So here's one question you really need to ask since the reason you are exploring the deal is to compete this year. How many games would Varlamov overlap with your current start the rest of the way. He might be an upgrade on Scrivens but if you can only use him for 15 more starts this year, is it really worth it?

Dobber Sports Stud

Quote Originally Posted by metaldude26 View Post
    A couple that jump out right away because I've been all over them in the ramblings are Antoine Vermette and Chris Stewart.

Stewart would almost certainly see a bump (though he has already gotten something going with 10 in his last 15).

Vermette might not actually benefit much except for a plus/minus boost since he's getting top minutes right now.

But because I've already hyped those a bunch I'll toss you a few others:

Jeff Petry
    Andrej Sekera
    Craig Anderson
    Zack Kassian
    Jaromir Jagr
    No clue if he's bluffing or not but Bryan Murray said today when asked if he was considering trading Anderson "Why would I do that?"

He basically said Lehner wasn't ready and they have no number 3 behind Lehner.
    Excelsior~ Ever Higher

Dear Mr. Fantasy play us a tune
    Something to make us all happy
    Do anything, take us out of this gloom
    Sing a song, play guitar, make it snappy~ Traffic

Dobber Sports Wizard

Would you drop Stewart for Hanzal in a league that counts G,A,PPP,+/- and PIM? I've been holding on to Stewart forever hoping he gets traded and now Hanzal became available.
    I can't promise I'll try but I'll try to try.

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Trying to plan moves to make before trade deadline passes. I need a second opinion on my 14 keepers...

Locks - Giroux, Subban, Shatty, Doughty, Buff, Nash, Rinne, Holtby, Parise

Choose 5 of - Stepan, Burns, H.Sedin, Hornqvist, Suter, E. Staal, Skinner, Muzzin, Brown, Roussel....

Cats in sig...Thanks!
    12 Team Keeper (keep 15)

Team:
    C - Giroux , Stepan, Backstrom, Fisher, Lethera,
    L - Parise, JVR, Perron
    R - Voracek, Kessel, Hornqvist, Yak, Coyle
    D - Subban, Doughty, Shattenkirk, Buff (RW), Burns (RW), Savard

G - Holtby, Rinne, Darling

12 Team Daily H2H Keeper league with Fantrax
    Roster (14 Kept Players + Prospect for that year - Coyle): 3C, 3LW, 3RW, 4D, 2G, 6 Bench
    Categories:
    Skaters -
    G, A, +/-, PPP, PIM, FOW, SOG, HIT, BLOCK
    Goaltenders -
    W, S, GAA, SV%

Prospects - Grigorenko, Krug, Gibson, Duclair, Carrick, Pirri, S. Bennett, B. Bennett, A. Burakovsky, A. lee, B. Ritchie, Pearson, C. Murphy, Plotnikov, Carrick, Hellebuyck

Would you take a look at my post I just made

http://forums.dobbersports.com/showt...vice-%28REP%29

Dobber Sports Apprentice

I'm toying with making a charge but don't want to torpedo myself (I'm in second place). Seeing as how Vrbata has slowed (I think he's on the 2nd line now), I'm wondering if it's worth using him as bait to get Hornqvist (RW) from the last placed guy seeing as how the all-star break is almost upon us. I'd also like to maybe upgrade my D or LW a bit, as the same guy that has Hornqvist also has Chara, E. Johnson, Widemanm, and Vanek (LW). As for what he needs, his Centers and RW are good, but his other positions could use some help (and his goalies are Crawford and Lehtonen)

Do you see any deals that might make sense for me given my roster and the players he has? Keep in mind that Lee and Pastrnak have some extra value in our format since we must start a rookie. This guy needs a rookie, but doesn't recognize the value in either Lee or Pastrnak that I think he should (meaning I think one of them would help move a deal forward as a throw-in, but not a principle piece).
    Redraft 12-team Roto with 1 waiver/day ($5), start 3 at each F position, 5 D, 1 rookie, 2 Goalies, 5 Reserves
    Player Cats = G,A,Pts,PIMs,+/- (PIMs worth 50%, and +/- worth 25% compared to the other player cats)
    Goalie Cats (worth half what player cats are) = W,GAA,S%,SO (SO worth 25% of what player cats are)
    C: Tavares,Thomas,Johnston,Lindholm(Res),Zacha(Res)
    LW: Robertson,Fiala,Svechnikov,Lafreniere(Res)
    RW: Nylander,Necas,Reinhart
    Rook: Knies,Carlsson(Res)
    D: Josi,Bouchard,Weegar,Forsling,Hanifin,Durzi(Res)
    G:Hellebuyck,Demko