Thread: Similar \"2nd Goalie\" Thread-More Specific to Draft

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Default Similar \"2nd Goalie\" Thread-More Specific to Draft

Hey everyone. Good to be here...love the forum. Last username is gone somehow so made a new one. Hope I can lend some good insight from time to time.

I have the 1st pick of the 2nd rd (11th overall). Our league is essentially a 1 year H2H league with minimal keepers. I have Fluery and I\'m looking for an opinion on this pick.

Goaltenders go at a premium with other GM in our league and by comparing previous drafts and tendencies of other GM\'s here is how I see the first round going:

1. AO 2. Crosby 3. Lundy 4. Brodeur 5. Iginla 6. Heatley
    7. Luongo 8. Hossa 9. Datsyuk 10. Goalie
    (It may look strange to some but based on other GM\'s keepers this is how I see it playing out in some form with those 9 for sure)

I then pick 11th and figure I will have tenders like Osgood, Turco, Kipper (1 of these may go 10th) and forwards like Alfrie, Spezza, Thornton and others. I do not pick again until the 30th and 31st picks!! Looking for advice on which way to go.

Malkin, and Zetter are kept so not options here.

P.S.-traded picks and won the league so I gotta hit with that 11th pick...1 or both of 30th and 31st will be a D.

Thanks and again its good to be back!!

Dobber Sports Initiate

Default Similar "2nd Goalie" Thread-More Specifi

so 1st round picks from last year cant be kept this year? If this is the case then I definitely grab kipper or similar. If not available then its a top tier forward and stockpile him as a keeper for next year. What type of goalie will be available with the 30th pick?
    14th year-12 team-Keep 10 + 5 farm
    C-Larkin, Trochek, Pavelski, Hayes, R Strome
    LW-Huberdeau, Meier, Kreider
    RW-Gaudreau, Rantanen, Radulov, Kyrou
    D-Letang, Hamilton, Carlson, Burns, Giordano
    G-Andersen, Lehner, Jones

IR-Tarasenko

Farm - Vilardi, Newhook, McMichael, Gusev, Holtz

Default Similar \"2nd Goalie\" Thread-More Specifi

Well, half correct...1st and 2nd round picks cannot be kept. Should have mentioned that, my apologies.

here are where goalies got taken in the 1st 4 rounds last year...
    1st rd
    2-Luongo
    4-Lundy
    5-brodeur
    7-kipper
    9-Turco

2nd rd
    17th-Miller

3rd rd
    21-nabby
    23-emery
    25-vokoun
    26-backstrom

4th rd
    31-Ward
    33-Biron

No GM in the league has ever gone back to back rounds of Goalies. Nabby off the board (kept). Giggy gone but taken a few years back in a later round. Huet the same.

If looking for a goalie 30th I was looking at possibly Miller (I think he\'ll drop this year), Biron, but I was target Theodore possibly here or trying to get him a little later.

I don\'t want to overpay for a goalie with the 11th pick when I may get similar value at 30 or even later...what do you think

I...am your father.

If you think you can get Miller, Biron or Theodore with the 30th pick, then don\'t waste 11 on a goalie.

What was your old user name garbage goal?
    The Best Fantasy Hockey Site

15-Team Keeper, points only, best 12 fwd, 4 dman, 2 G count. Playoffs count.

F - T. Thompson, Thomas, Nylander, Tarasenko, Arvidsson, Guentzel, Fiala, Quinn, Mittelstadt, Hagel, Zacha, Roslovic, Berggren, Brink, Ostlund
    G - Kahkonen, Vejmelka, L. Thompson, Levi, Comrie
    D - Hronek, Morrissey, Lundkvist, Girard, Brannstrom, Rathbone, Hanifin, Severson, Durzi

It was \"Washed_Up\"...haven\'t logged on for several months so assumed it was gone due to inactivity. I\'m not to worried about it. Thanks though...looking forward to the 1st:woohoo:

If you don\'t mind, though, do you think Theodore is worth and will pay off at the 30th? I dont want to over-value because he is in WSH.

Dobber Sports Demi-God

Agree with Dobber - The gap between the guys you can get at 30 or 31 is not that great from the guys you could pull at 11 - there is your goalie solution. Leaves you free to grab a skater.