Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Is this the new norm for Karlsson?

Dobber Sports Icon

Default Re: Is this the new norm for Karlsson?

I think people are underestimating the impact f not having Methot next to him. Once that happens regularly you'll see Karlsson's point production improve despite the mediocre fwd situation.

And Big Ev, please don't use the Habs fwd corps as a comparison - they haven't put up the totals they should but that's clearly a more highly skilled group. There is no Patches or Galchy in Ottawa.

"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

Twitter: @ross10019

CBS Sportsline 14 team H2H keeper (21-man roster, 14 keepers)
    Weekly lineup changes (start 9F (3/4C and 6/5W) 5D 2G)
    G, A, PPP, SOG, BS, +/-, GAA, W, SV%

Angry Little Elves (formerly Montreal Maulers)
    2012, 2013, 2014 & 2015 League Champions
    C: Tavares Hintz Larkin Jenner Seguin Schenn Backlund
    W: Panarin Marchand Hyman Keller Forsberg Batherson Rust Moore Smith
    D: Josi Hamilton Weegar Montour Ekholm Myers Parayko Pettersson Seeler
    G: Vasilevskiy Swayman Kuemper

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by ross10019 View Post
    I think people are underestimating the impact f not having Methot next to him. Once that happens regularly you'll see Karlsson's point production improve despite the mediocre fwd situation.
    Methot is back now is he not? That's a good point though.

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Karlsson should be treated as a 65+ pt d-man at minimum over the course of the next 6-8 years. His team is currently one of the worst in the league, and as they improve so will his numbers.
    14-team keeper, Fantrax weekly H2H roto match-ups, daily rosters, 4 waiver moves per week
    8 Skater Cats (G,A,PPP,SOG,PIM,HIT,BS,FOW) and 3 Goalie Cats (W,GAA,SV%)

Start C/C/LW/LW/RW/RW/F/F/D/D/D/D/D/G/G/Util, + 4 bench spots (20 player roster size + 1 IR spot as per Fantrax IR settings)
    Keep 10 players (and 8 prospects w/ less than 25 GP), 10 round entry draft (5 round prospect draft)

2013-14: 1st place reg. season, 3rd in Playoffs
    C - Giroux, Getzlaf, Kadri, Gagner
    LW - Kunitz, JVR, Schenn (C/LW), Girgensons (C/LW)
    RW - Carter (C/LW/RW), Hossa, Pominville, Perron (LW/RW)
    D - Doughty, Josi, Edler, Cowen, Gorges
    G - Andersen, Halak

Dobber Sports Veteran

Just curious - what were his PDO/On-ice Sh%/ other luck-based metrics his two big years?

Is he notably unlucky this year, or did he simply outperform those years?
    18 Team Full Keeper. Total points.

Start 10 F, 3 D, 1 UTIL, 1 G

3 Points: SHO, 2 Points: G, PPA, SHG, SHA, W, 1 Point: A, PPG, GWG, .25 Points: BLK, .1 Points: FOW, SOG, SV, .15 Points: HIT, -.05 Points: FOL, -.15 Points: GA

Forwards: Backstrom, Barre-Boulet, Beauvillier, Caufield, Dickinson, Donato, Donskoi, Gourde, Greenway, Horvat, Kase, Keller, Kuznetsov, MacKinnon, Marchessault, J. T. Miller, Sikura, Tarasenko, Zegras

Defense: Barrie, Brannstrom, Cholowski, Honka, Matheson, Pulock, Shattenkirk

Goal: Dubnyk, Jarry, Markstrom, Merzlikins

2014-15, 2016-17 MHL Champions!

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Quote Originally Posted by Big Ev View Post
    Please find me an idiot that would actually take Kucherov over Bobby Ryan.
    I think this would make more sense had you said "wouldn't"
    10 Teams, Keep 15

H2H Categories: G, A, PPP, Hits, Blks, SOG -- W, GAA, SV%, SVs

3C - MacKinnon, Barkov, Vilardi (RW), Bennett, W Johnston
    3LW - Fiala, Jenner, Byfield, Raymond
    3RW - Miller, Jarvis, Kyrou, Debrusk
    5D - Fox, Q Hughes, Matheson, Letang
    2F

2G (max 4) - Vasilevskiy, Woll, Samsonov

8 Farm - L Hughes, M Knies, M Michkov, Z Benson, F Nazar, M Savoie, Annunen (G)

Dobber Sports Icon

Quote Originally Posted by mister_mcgoo View Post
    Methot is back now is he not? That's a good point though.
    Yeah but he only recently returned, so I'd probably bank on Karlsson having a better 2nd half, say 33-36 pts. Methot was a big help to him last year, I think Karlsson needs a strong D first partner to really flourish points-wise .

"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

Twitter: @ross10019

CBS Sportsline 14 team H2H keeper (21-man roster, 14 keepers)
    Weekly lineup changes (start 9F (3/4C and 6/5W) 5D 2G)
    G, A, PPP, SOG, BS, +/-, GAA, W, SV%

Angry Little Elves (formerly Montreal Maulers)
    2012, 2013, 2014 & 2015 League Champions
    C: Tavares Hintz Larkin Jenner Seguin Schenn Backlund
    W: Panarin Marchand Hyman Keller Forsberg Batherson Rust Moore Smith
    D: Josi Hamilton Weegar Montour Ekholm Myers Parayko Pettersson Seeler
    G: Vasilevskiy Swayman Kuemper

Dobber Sports Star

Quote Originally Posted by Savvy1982 View Post
    Just curious - what were his PDO/On-ice Sh%/ other luck-based metrics his two big years?

Is he notably unlucky this year, or did he simply outperform those years?
    his on-ice s% is in the mid 7s this season, a big enough drop from 8-9% in previous years. im optimistic hell grind his way back to 65-68 points (pretty much point per game the rest of the way) by the end of the year.
    One day I will quit fantasy hockey, today is not that day.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by ross10019 View Post
    I think people are underestimating the impact of not having Methot next to him. Once that happens regularly you'll see Karlsson's point production improve despite the mediocre fwd situation.

And Big Ev, please don't use the Habs fwd corps as a comparison - they haven't put up the totals they should but that's clearly a more highly skilled group. There is no Patches or Galchy in Ottawa.
    i will use it as a comparison as it is a legit one. Only a homer on either side would say there's much difference up front. Especially wih th Sens being one of the younger teams in the league. Clearly a more highly skilled group is an exaggeration. They are pretty even actually. Scored the exact same amount of goals, pretty much, so far this year. So please explain that, if the Sens have no "patches or galchy", while being younger and less experienced than the Habs. No shoulda woulda couldas. Of course Montreal is a much better team right now, because of team defence, but that doesn't meant their forwards are. and we all know why yhey are actually winning games but I won't bother arguing that.

And We can talk about "Galchy" when he actually matches his hype. 45 point player so far. I think the Sens have plenty of those.

as for Methot, it is a good point but it doesn't have to be him specifically.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by PittPens1787 View Post
    I think this would make more sense had you said "wouldn't"
    oh look a Kucherov owner

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Bookoz View Post
    Palat is FAR more valuable than Ryan
    Not only is he showing he can be better offensively but hes one of the best defensive forwards in the entire league
    I can see him winning the Selke a few times in his career
    As explosive as Johnson and Kucherov are, that line is not nearly as effective without Palat
    All Ryan has is name value, while Palat might be the most underrated player in the league
    Lol Ondrej Palat is far more valuable than Bobby Ryan. I've heard it all. Nobody has actually watched Bobby a Ryan this season I guess. He's a two way beast.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Bookoz View Post
    What the hell?
    Are we comparing Kucherov Johnson Palat and Stamkos to Turris Hoffman Macarthur and Ryan??

I wouldnt take Ryan (probably the best of those 4) over any of the tampa 4
    Then you don't know what you're talking about

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Jordyr77 View Post
    I would take Kucherov, Johnson, and Stamkos all before any Ott forward. Ryan maybe over Palat, but none of the other three Sens would ever be taken before any of the four listed. Oh and we forgot Drouin. Maybe also the fact that the team is 3rd in the East? What has Ryan done. Johnson has been explosive this year and Kucherov is a special talent. Would've been drafted much higher if not for the Russian factor.
    I'm actually surprised but not surpsried that so many people are buying into this. Tyler Johnson was a nobody only a year or two ago. Kucherov was just a draft pick. They haven't played enough games for people to actually say what they are truly gonna be, and they play with one of the Leagues best snipers and players. It's the cory Conacher effect. Happens all the time. Next you'll tell me Kucherov and Johnson are better than Rick Nash

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Big Ev View Post
    i will use it as a comparison as it is a legit one. Only a homer on either side would say there's much difference up front. Especially wih th Sens being one of the younger teams in the league. Clearly a more highly skilled group is an exaggeration. They are pretty even actually. Scored the exact same amount of goals, pretty much, so far this year. So please explain that, if the Sens have no "patches or galchy", while being younger and less experienced than the Habs. No shoulda woulda couldas. Of course Montreal is a much better team right now, because of team defence, but that doesn't meant their forwards are. and we all know why yhey are actually winning games but I won't bother arguing that.

And We can talk about "Galchy" when he actually matches his hype. 45 point player so far. I think the Sens have plenty of those.

as for Methot, it is a good point but it doesn't have to be him specifically.
    what a complete joke, enjoy the golf once again this April Ev

Banned

What's the joke? Why do the Habs have one more goal than the Sens if their forwards are that much more skilled and better overall? They're not, that's why. and there's no legit argument you can make.

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Big Ev is funny haha.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by rataylor22 View Post
    Big Ev is funny haha.
    I am sitting here actually amazed that montreal homers actually think their forward group is actually highly skilled and much better than Ottawa's. The proof is clearly in the pudding. One more goal. One. And I won't even mention their head to head records over the years