Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9

Thread: Gold Medal Game - Canada vs Russia

Banned

Default Re: Gold Medal Game - Canada vs Russia

Quote Originally Posted by havanablast21 View Post
    Lazar will return to the Sens though right (EV?). anyone else returning to the NHL? I can't place everyone with the latest movement. Duclair's reassign surprised a bit, but he seemed to be trending that way. How bout Reinhart?
    he's back

- - - Updated - - -

Did anyone see the Russian lying on the net telling the guy to go **** himself (or whatever he said)?

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by Big Ev View Post
    Did anyone see the Russian lying on the net telling the guy to go **** himself (or whatever he said)?
    Ya, I laughed. He (I think) was the same one that threw his stick in the crowd right when the buzzer went.
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by Big Ev View Post
    he's back

- - - Updated - - -

He was emotionally crushed and needed a minute but the rink dude was harassing him to get off the net. I'd probably tell that guy to do the same. Give the kid a moment.

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Quote Originally Posted by rataylor22 View Post
    It's a classless move, but I'm not really sure what him being Russian has to do with it....I think his age is a much bigger factor than his nationality.
    Bah... you're reading too much into my statement... was not a shot twoards his Nationality. I didn't do much digging to see who the donkey was, short of being one of the Russian Players. I suppose the same message could have been made by saying "Did anyone see the Classless move that Russian Kid did following the Canadian Win?". Nothing More...Nothing Less. He was Russian and sure... he's a kid...BUT I don't care how old he is, it was reckless and classless of that player, who happens to be Russian.

Either way... sweeten's the victory when an opponent paints himself as such a poor sport, and then the other guy Ev pointed out (may or may not have been the same) adds to the poor sportsmanship. It's unfortunate for Russia (because was representing his country...).

Oh well... GOLD is all I care about!!!

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Quote Originally Posted by doulos View Post
    He was emotionally crushed and needed a minute but the rink dude was harassing him to get off the net. I'd probably tell that guy to do the same. Give the kid a moment.
    I get being emmotionally crushed... but he was the only player from his entire team who choose to to take the time to flip the net over and lounge out on it (as if that wasn't going to garner some attention)... That's not taking a moment...that's being a donkey IMO.

IF it was the same guy, Paigin Ziyat, who threw his stick...then wow... big time Donkey! I kinda hope it was just him acting this way, especially when, according to TSN, the stick Ziyat launching into the crowd hit a fan who met with Police after the game. Don't want more than one Donkey like that on your team.