Thread: Patrik Koys is back

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Default Patrik Koys is back

Patrik Koys came up in conversation at the beginning of September as someone who was hyped as a youngster as the "Slovakian Crosby or Gretzky", then fell off the face the hockey map. Anyway, he's suiting up for Slovakia at the Juniors. Apparently he couldn't hack it on this side of the pond, but I'll be curious nonetheless to see how he plays.

Here is the forum link:

http://forums.dobbersports.com/showt...highlight=koys

C.
    [SIZE=1]WHL - World Hockey League (24-Team Daily H2H)
    Weighted Scoring: G(1),A(1),PPP(0.5),+/-(0.5), SOG/PIM/HIT/BLK(all 0.05), FOW-C(0.01)

Saanichton Cougars

Dobber Sports Initiate

Default Re: Patrik Koys is back

I agree... I remember being excited to see how he progressed a few years ago. Then as you said, he fell off the planet and posted poor stats for a couple seasons. He was touted as a prodigy when he was a kid. Big dark horse now.

Dobber Sports Monster

Default Re: Patrik Koys is back

I do remember the Koys hype long ago and I'm interested to watch him tonight. I dont remember the hype being all that significant though, it was just a couple of people who threw it out there when he was like 13 but never really gained traction.

12 team H2H Most Cats Wins; Keep 6/winner keeps 7; G A PPP +/- SHP SOG HIT BLK PIM // W SV GAA SV% SHO
    3 C, 3 LW, 3 RW, 6D, 2G, 5 bench

C - McDavid, Crosby, Tavares, Hertl
    LW - DeBrincat, Boldy, Lafreniere
    RW - Meier, Miller, Boeser, Nichushkin
    D - Dobson, Karlsson
    G - Jarry, Luukkonen