Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: IIHF Suspends Radulov and 5 Others

Dobber Sports Stud

Default IIHF Suspends Radulov and 5 Others

This is your chance Radulov owners!

Trade him now for a bag of pucks...

The window of opportunity is closing fast.
    ***2018-19 11th Place***

16 TEAM KEEPER
    FORWARDS (G,A,Pts,+/-,PIM,PPG)
    LW:Marchand, Ehlers, Debrusk, Comtois (B-Empty)
    C:Matthews, White, Kotkaniemi, Hughes (B-Empty)
    RW:Laine, Labanc, Buchnevich, Terry (B-Kyrou)
    DEFENSE (G,A,+/-,PIM)
    Shea Weber, Ekman-Larsson, Morrissey, Schultz, Parayko, Hronek (B-Girard, Matheson)
    GOAL (Min,W,GGA)
    Hellebuyck, Markstrom, Samsonov
    PROSPECTS
    Lafraniere (2020)

Dobber Sports Stud

Personally, I feel confident that Radulov will have to honor the final year of his contract with Nashville. Next summer, an NHL team will most likely sign him to a big-time offer sheet, and he\'ll get that long-term, lucrative deal he desires. He and/or others can spin a \"he really wants to return to his homeland\" story all they want, but I don\'t buy it. I see it as a ploy to get a big contract in the NHL. Remember, this is a guy who LEFT Russia (and a professional contract) as a teenager to come over to Major Junior Hockey to learn the North American game. That doesn\'t scream \"player yearning to go back home\" to me.

With Edmonton trying to turn things around and throwing big money offers left and right, I wouldn\'t be surprised to see them sign Rads to a big offer sheet next summer (they\'re no stranger to offer sheets, either!). Personally, I think that would be an ideal situation for Radulov. I salivate at the thought of him playing with pivots like Horcoff, Gagner, or Cogliano for years to come!
    15 GM Keeper League w/Roto Scoring (G, A, +/-, PIM, PPP, HITS | W, GAA, SV%, SHO)
    Start 4 C, 4 LW, 4 RW, 6 D, 2 G (23-man rosters) | Protect 10 players w/a max of 1 goalie

C - Crosby*, Malkin* (C/R), Tavares*, Giroux* (C/R)
    L - Duchene* (C/L),
    Marleau* (C/L), Galchenyuk (C/L), Ott (C/L), Lee (C/L)
    R - Kane* (C/R), St. Louis, Neil, Clutterbuck
    D - Yandle*, Carlson*, Gardiner, Gudas, Daley, Bieksa, Schenn
    G - Lundqvist*, Rinne, Kuemper

Banned

rticinelli wrote:
    Personally, I feel confident that Radulov will have to honor the final year of his contract with Nashville. Next summer, an NHL team will most likely sign him to a big-time offer sheet, and he\'ll get that long-term, lucrative deal he desires. He and/or others can spin a \"he really wants to return to his homeland\" story all they want, but I don\'t buy it. I see it as a ploy to get a big contract in the NHL. Remember, this is a guy who LEFT Russia (and a professional contract) as a teenager to come over to Major Junior Hockey to learn the North American game. That doesn\'t scream \"player yearning to go back home\" to me.
    it may turn out that you are right that he will be forced to honor the final year of his NHL contract but if that is the case I don\'t see how it follows that he would then sign a lucrative NHL contract since he now has a contract with the KHL. Its not like the ruling that he has to honor his final year in the NHL would somehow nullify his KHL contract

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

As if Radulov didnt have enough of a reason to hate North America. Now he\'s definitely not gonna wanna come back because we\'re screwing with him from playing internationally.

Dobber Sports Expert

NYR9394 wrote:
    As if Radulov didnt have enough of a reason to hate North America. Now he\'s definitely not gonna wanna come back because we\'re screwing with him from playing internationally.
    \'north america\' isn\'t screwing radulov from playing internationally. The IIHF is. The IIHF was founded in France. It\'s primarily a European organization, and it has way more Euro members than N.A. members....

Dobber Sports Stud

mister_mcgoo wrote:
    rticinelli wrote:
    it may turn out that you are right that he will be forced to honor the final year of his NHL contract but if that is the case I don\'t see how it follows that he would then sign a lucrative NHL contract since he now has a contract with the KHL. Its not like the ruling that he has to honor his final year in the NHL would somehow nullify his KHL contract
    My understanding is that it would then void his KHL contract. Regardless, I\'m sure an NHL team would sign him to a bigger contract than what he was offered in the KHL (see Dustin Penner).
    15 GM Keeper League w/Roto Scoring (G, A, +/-, PIM, PPP, HITS | W, GAA, SV%, SHO)
    Start 4 C, 4 LW, 4 RW, 6 D, 2 G (23-man rosters) | Protect 10 players w/a max of 1 goalie

C - Crosby*, Malkin* (C/R), Tavares*, Giroux* (C/R)
    L - Duchene* (C/L),
    Marleau* (C/L), Galchenyuk (C/L), Ott (C/L), Lee (C/L)
    R - Kane* (C/R), St. Louis, Neil, Clutterbuck
    D - Yandle*, Carlson*, Gardiner, Gudas, Daley, Bieksa, Schenn
    G - Lundqvist*, Rinne, Kuemper

Dobber Sports Initiate

According to Team 1040 Canucks are sure that Jason Krogs suspension will not be upheld as he had an out in his contract with the KHL should an NHL team come calling.
    GO BRUINS

20 team Keeper - Protect 10
    Dress weekly 8 Fwds 4 D-men 1 Goalie
    Fwds 1pt - gl 1pt - asst
    Dmen 2pt - gl 1pt - asst FWDS & D-Men 1pt PPG / SHG / OTG
    Goalies 3pts-win 2pts-shutout

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

yea, he had an out-clause that went up until August 1st.
    Follow me on Twitter: AngusCertified
    Check my blog out: Angus Certified