Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5

Thread: Fantasy Hockey Mailbag - December 09, 2014

I...am your father.

Default Re: Fantasy Hockey Mailbag - December 09, 2014

Quote Originally Posted by Wildcard View Post
    Hey Dobber. In a keeper leauge. I have Crosby. A trade was propoused to me. Crosby for Perry and Webber? What are you thoughts on that.
    I wouldn't trade Crosby. And I would want more than that, regardless of league settings/rules
    The Best Fantasy Hockey Site

15-Team Keeper, points only, best 12 fwd, 4 dman, 2 G count. Playoffs count.

F - T. Thompson, Thomas, Nylander, Tarasenko, Arvidsson, Guentzel, Fiala, Quinn, Mittelstadt, Hagel, Zacha, Roslovic, Berggren, Brink, Ostlund
    G - Kahkonen, Vejmelka, L. Thompson, Levi, Comrie
    D - Hronek, Morrissey, Lundkvist, Girard, Brannstrom, Rathbone, Hanifin, Severson, Durzi

I...am your father.

Quote Originally Posted by lektrix View Post
    Was offered Oshie for Brodeur from owner of Allen/Elliott....should I ask for more?
    No, take that deal and then flip Oshie. Oshie can't help you this year, but his name carries weight and trade value - certainly more than Brodeur. So you get him and you flip him

F - T. Thompson, Thomas, Nylander, Tarasenko, Arvidsson, Guentzel, Fiala, Quinn, Mittelstadt, Hagel, Zacha, Roslovic, Berggren, Brink, Ostlund
    D - Hronek, Morrissey, Lundkvist, Girard, Brannstrom, Rathbone, Hanifin, Severson, Durzi

I...am your father.

Quote Originally Posted by SergeP View Post
    Hi Dobber,

What is the likeliness of any of the following backup goaltenders landing a starting gig at any point over the next couple of seasons and are any of them worth rostering in a Dynasty league?

Dubnyk
    Khubodin
    Reimer

Thanks!
    I really liked Khudobin's odds, but now not so much. Any one of these goalies could have the right situation fall in his lap and do well with it - if it can happen to Brian Elliott after Ottawa/Colorado it can happen to anyone. So you acquire one of them and hope for the best, but don't acquire one and assume the best. And treat them all as equal odds, or a slight edge to Reimer

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Hello Dobber,

I'm fairly new to the site, and I have a question regarding several offers I received for Jonathan Toews. My roster and settings are below:

30 team H2H, 1C/1LW/1RW/2D/1G + 8 Bench, daily lineups, keep 8 max 1 g.

G, A, +/-, PIM, PPP, SOG, Hits, Blks, W, SV%, GAA

Currently (sigh) 30th.

C Jonathan Toews, Chi C
    LW Chris Higgins, Van LW
    RW Derek Dorsett, Van RW
    D Shea Weber, Nsh D
    D Jake Muzzin, LA D
    Bench Oliver Ekman-Larsson, Ari D
    Bench Bryan Little, Wpg C
    Bench Jaden Schwartz, StL LW
    Bench Jakob Silfverberg, Ana RW
    Bench Mathieu Perreault, Wpg C
    Bench Daniel Winnik, Tor LW
    Bench Cody McLeod, Col LW
    Bench David Legwand, Ott C
    IR Valeri Nichushkin*, Dal RW IR
    G Calvin Pickard, Col G
    IR Brian Elliott*, StL G IR

As you can see, I'm in need of a goalie and have considered trading Toews. I also have a surplus of left wings. A few offers have come my way:

Owner 1: H. Sedin, L. Eriksson, M. Brodeur, and a 3rd round pick for J. Toews, J. Silfverberg, and B. Little

Owner 1: H. Sedin, D. Severson, and J. Halak for J. Toews, B. Little, J. Silfverberg, and my 3rd round pick

Owner 2: J. Thornton and N. Gerbe for J. Silfverberg and B. Little

I also offered S. Weber, B. Elliot, and J. Schwartz for J. Hiller, K. Russel, P. Sharp, and a 4th rounder to a 3rd owner.

Are these offers I should consider? Do you think there are any potential counters?

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Turris or Zibanejad - who's worth more to my team/league rest of season?

Edit: Thanks Dobber!
    Last edited by Gafel; December 9, 2014 at 7:58 PM. Reason: Question answered in post #67
    12 teams H2H points league. Non-keeper. Weekly lineup locks.
    6F, 4D, 1 UTIL and 2G active - 5 bench spots
    Maximum of 3 total goalies
    Forwards: G= 4, A = 2, +/- = 1, SHG = 2, SHA = 1, HAT = 1, PPP = 1
    Defense: G = 5, A = 3, +/- = 1, SHG = 3, SHA = 2, HAT = 1, PPP = 1
    Goalie: W = 3.5, L = -2, GA = -1, SV = 0.2, SO = 4

F: Pastrnak, Seguin, Wheeler, Kessel, Barkov, Huberdeau, Ehlers, Nylander, Shipachyov, Galchenyuk
    D: Leddy, Ekblad, Barrie, Zaitsev
    G: Lehner, Varlamov, Hellebuyck

IR: Vatanen

I...am your father.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe13 View Post
    Hello Dobber,

I'm fairly new to the site, and I have a question regarding several offers I received for Jonathan Toews. My roster and settings are below:

30 team H2H, 1C/1LW/1RW/2D/1G + 8 Bench, daily lineups, keep 8 max 1 g.

G, A, +/-, PIM, PPP, SOG, Hits, Blks, W, SV%, GAA

Currently (sigh) 30th.

C Jonathan Toews, Chi C
    LW Chris Higgins, Van LW
    RW Derek Dorsett, Van RW
    D Shea Weber, Nsh D
    D Jake Muzzin, LA D
    Bench Oliver Ekman-Larsson, Ari D
    Bench Bryan Little, Wpg C
    Bench Jaden Schwartz, StL LW
    Bench Jakob Silfverberg, Ana RW
    Bench Mathieu Perreault, Wpg C
    Bench Daniel Winnik, Tor LW
    Bench Cody McLeod, Col LW
    Bench David Legwand, Ott C
    IR Valeri Nichushkin*, Dal RW IR
    G Calvin Pickard, Col G
    IR Brian Elliott*, StL G IR

As you can see, I'm in need of a goalie and have considered trading Toews. I also have a surplus of left wings. A few offers have come my way:

Owner 1: H. Sedin, L. Eriksson, M. Brodeur, and a 3rd round pick for J. Toews, J. Silfverberg, and B. Little

Owner 1: H. Sedin, D. Severson, and J. Halak for J. Toews, B. Little, J. Silfverberg, and my 3rd round pick

Owner 2: J. Thornton and N. Gerbe for J. Silfverberg and B. Little

I also offered S. Weber, B. Elliot, and J. Schwartz for J. Hiller, K. Russel, P. Sharp, and a 4th rounder to a 3rd owner.

Are these offers I should consider? Do you think there are any potential counters?
    You're 30th in a league of 30 and the keepers are very limited at 8. So your focus should be on upgrading your 8 and adding draft picks. So you sit down and write down your 8 keepers. Then you use everyone else to stockpile picks and package players to upgrade those 8.

Keep: Toews, Weber, OEL, Schwartz, Nichushkin, Little...ugh, and I guess Elliott and Pickard.

I wouldn't consider any of those offers, and I would be in the drivers seat going forward when it comes to trade talks. Instigate the discussion, don't have them instigate with you. I would be the one sending out offers. Muzzin has some value so I would move him for a middle pick if I can get it. Then I would trade Little and a pick for a player better than Little. Forget about goalies - this year is toast for you. Just upgrade your 8 and add picks, roll into next year with Pickard and Elliott and focus on goalies a little more at the draft.

I...am your father.

Quote Originally Posted by Gafel View Post
    Turris or Zibanejad - who's worth more to my team/league rest of season?
    Turris for sure

Dobber Sports Padawan

I wish I'd known about this forum yesterday when i was agonizing about whether to accept offer of Taylor Hall for Tarasenko in non keeper league (parameters below). I eventually accepted deal. Good or bad move?
    Non-keeper 11-team auction league with 5 active forwards, two D. Points only (G=1, A=1)

The world does not judge actions on their own merit, but on their chance results, and they consider that only those actions which are blessed with a happy outcome have been undertaken with sound advice and reason
    -- Boethius

Dobber Sports Stud

Quote Originally Posted by Dobber View Post
    No, take that deal and then flip Oshie. Oshie can't help you this year, but his name carries weight and trade value - certainly more than Brodeur. So you get him and you flip him
    Sorry, forgot to mention this is a one year league. But makes sense.

Is Ward worth going after as a 2nd goalie over Lehtonen?

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Thanks for this Dobber! Based on my roster and our slightly strange rules and lineup requirements, would you look to actively adjust this roster in any way? Any obvious alarm bells? I feel good about most spots except maybe LW (just acquired Palat in a Hudler package deal), and I'm likely going to pickup another rookie on waivers (i.e. Trocheck). I'm sitting in first overall, and tops in G/A/Pts/PIMs, and 3rd in +/-. I have been unlucky with when I've chosen to ride Kuemper vs. Halak but I feel good about my tenders too for the most part.
    Redraft 12-team Roto with 1 waiver/day ($5), start 3 at each F position, 5 D, 1 rookie, 2 Goalies, 5 Reserves
    Player Cats = G,A,Pts,PIMs,+/- (PIMs worth 50%, and +/- worth 25% compared to the other player cats)
    Goalie Cats (worth half what player cats are) = W,GAA,S%,SO (SO worth 25% of what player cats are)
    C: Tavares,Thomas,Johnston,Lindholm(Res),Zacha(Res)
    LW: Robertson,Fiala,Svechnikov,Lafreniere(Res)
    RW: Nylander,Necas,Reinhart
    Rook: Knies,Carlsson(Res)
    D: Josi,Bouchard,Weegar,Forsling,Hanifin,Durzi(Res)
    G:Hellebuyck,Demko

Dobber Sports Padawan

Hey Dobber, I'm a loyal subscriber, wld love an answer!
    Non-keeper 11-team auction league with 5 active forwards, two D. Points only (G=1, A=1)

The world does not judge actions on their own merit, but on their chance results, and they consider that only those actions which are blessed with a happy outcome have been undertaken with sound advice and reason
    -- Boethius