Thread: Meet Francine

Dobber Sports Veteran

Default Meet Francine

Adopted this 7 year old beauty. Funny enough, several months ago we saw her on the shelter's site and fell in love with her, but were going to wait on adopting one until we got back from a long trip. Just yesterday, the shelter posted a photo saying she was still waiting for a home after 10 months in the shelter! Girlfriend took the afternoon off work and we booked over there right away. Kills me that she was there for nearly a year because "she's 7 years old and not a kitten". The great thing is that when you adopt an adult cat, you know their personality. She's calm, quiet, and loves being around people. She didn't even need time to get used to the apartment.

10421288_10154886790430453_1343823415742271034_n.jpg

10846217_10154886790615453_3485972288185906127_n.jpg

We didn't do the bandanna photo (that was the shelter), but you can sure bet we are going to order one of those lion manes! Haha.

Dobber Sports Ace

Default Re: Meet Francine

I am opposed to putting clothing on animals, except for bandanas (but maybe not that one) but that is a wicked cool cat!

Dobber Sports Star

Good for you, bud. I could never really understand the profound affect that pets could have on people, until I got 2 cats of my own 5 years ago. Bosco and Seven are a huge part of my daily life now, and I couldn't imagine what it would be like without them. It breaks my heart when I think of all the animals, stuck in shelters and pet stores because of irresponsible owners. Once they pass into adulthood, it's almost impossible to find them a good home because they are past the "cute" stage.

I hope that you and your family have a good many years of happiness with your new friend.

Rylant

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Awesome job...

I never wanted a cat until I finally gave in to my gf.

5 years later I can't imagine not having Sidney around.

Dobber Sports Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by Rylant View Post
    Good for you, bud. I could never really understand the profound affect that pets could have on people, until I got 2 cats of my own 5 years ago. Bosco and Seven are a huge part of my daily life now, and I couldn't imagine what it would be like without them. It breaks my heart when I think of all the animals, stuck in shelters and pet stores because of irresponsible owners. Once they pass into adulthood, it's almost impossible to find them a good home because they are past the "cute" stage.

I hope that you and your family have a good many years of happiness with your new friend.

Rylant
    Bosco and seven. Love the names! And thanks for the kind words. And Yeah, it's quite sad to think those animals are there in the first place because of people, and that those animals are still there needing a home because of people.

Dobber Sports Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by 737power View Post
    Awesome job...

I never wanted a cat until I finally gave in to my gf.

5 years later I can't imagine not having Sidney around.
    Haha, Sidney! Did you name that after number 87?

Good thing you gave into your girlfriend! Our case was sort of the opposite: she was more a dog person, while I loved cats as I grew up with a great one. Fortunately, she got on the bandwagon pretty easily!

Dobber Sports Wizard

I've got a dog(Toby) and cat(Dale) myself. If you really enjoy having animals around then they go beyond being pets and become family. Sure they walk around on all fours, are excessively hairy, and have a speech impediment but they're still like your children in some ways. And unlike lots the adult humans that we deal with in our everyday lives the little guys (and gals) don't have ulterior motives. Feed 'em, give them some attention, treat 'em right and they're the most loyal friends you can ever ask for. Instant access stress relievers and entertainers all rolled up in one little package.

Dobber Sports Deity

I never wanted a cat as I was always a dog person but my wife went and got one while I was away working. Now I prefer the cat to dogs. LOL! I love their independence. We have now had "The Fonz" for 10 years and I could care less if we ever get another dog.

Good for you mate!
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, SBennett

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Rylant View Post

Rylant
    I could not agree more.

I always considered myself a "dog lover", for no apparent reason. But then my wife and I bought a female himalayan and a male apple-head siamese.

Samson Doozer our bull-in-the -china-shop siamese is a friggin trip. He and I enjoy Saturday afternoon hockey...more napping actually.

Blu Petunia can do nothing wrong in my eyes. This cat just loves love and to be loved. Snores like 400lb trucker too.

Point being, since having these two as a part of our home I am henceforth an "animal lover". A pet's unconditional love and companionship deserves the same treatment in return.

Good on ya, jcairns!
    @SmittysRant

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by mister_mcgoo View Post
    You like your TPB LOL!
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, SBennett

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    You like your TPB LOL!
    Oh hell yeah, I've watched everything they've done. They have new content on Netflix now actually (Netflix bought the rights to the franchise and is producing new shows). It feels a little bit forced at times but it's still damn funny.

Dobber Sports Sage

Congratulations on what will prove to be a great decision. It must be fate that you get that cat after a long stay at the shelter.

I cant imagine life without my little Felini, aka Supercat, also a shelter cat. I had dogs when I was a child, but switched to cats as an adult and find them to be a far superior species of pet on many levels.

Dobber Sports Stud

jcairns, you have instantly changed 3 lives for the better.

What a regal lady your Francine is.

I'm so glad that you introduced us to her.

"When a man loves cats, I am his friend and comrade without further introduction" Mark Twain
    Excelsior~ Ever Higher

Dear Mr. Fantasy play us a tune
    Something to make us all happy
    Do anything, take us out of this gloom
    Sing a song, play guitar, make it snappy~ Traffic