Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: Brodeur going to stick with Blues?

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Default Re: Brodeur going to stick with Blues?

Quote Originally Posted by Rover View Post
    Because he's there right now temporarily as insurance while the blues make sure Elliott doesn’t reinjure himself. Axeman's argument has always been that Brodeur would be there for the rest of the year and be one of two healthy goalies while one of Elliott or Allen would get bumped off the roster. If you read how this argument started in the first place you would see that.
    I was on your side at the start dude. But now you're just moving the line. Stick by what you said and stand by your words. Right now you're just looking weak.

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Quote Originally Posted by rataylor22 View Post
    I was on your side at the start dude. But now you're just moving the line. Stick by what you said and stand by your words. Right now you're just looking weak.
    Not moving the line at all. I'm still sticking by what I said and to Axeman's credit he's still sticking by what he said believing that Brodeur will be there for the rest of the year. I don't believe that will happen because there's already been talk of Allen and Brodeur always sharing one net during practice becoming an issue in the future.

Dobber Sports Deity

So lets look at it this way.

By your words, you were wrong. You expected Brodeur to be cut/traded/released (how ever you want to look at it) by the Blues once Elliott came back. That didn't happen. Is that something we both can agree on?

By my words, I still "might" be wrong, assuming Brodeur doesn't last the season with the Blues.

It's not like any of us really win anything here by being right, or lose anything by being wrong. It was just banter and our beliefs. It's ok to be wrong. None of us truly have a crystal ball and can see into the future, it's simply what we perceive will happen. I still think Marty lasts the year with the Blues. If I am wrong, then so be it, but it's what I think will happen.

How does that sound?
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, SBennett

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Sure, it's just silly internet banter with no real stakes, but then we're both going to end up wrong and won't be able to go to bed! :P

Dobber Sports Deity

LOL! There ya go.

I know I will still be able to sleep at night. If I end up being wrong, it won't be the first time, and won't be the last.

C'est la vie!

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, SBennett

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Novice

Hmmmm...anyone think Detroit might kick the tires on Marty?

Dobber Sports Prodigy

@TSNBobMcKenzie: STL is back to a two-goalie team -- Jake Allen and Brian Elliott. Marty Brodeur has gone home and asked STL for a week to ponder his future.

http://lkorac10.blogspot.ca/2015/01/...f-absence.html

And with that Brodeur is finally out of the blues picture and this argument can come to a close now!

Dobber Sports Superstar

@TSNBobMcKenzie: STL is back to a two-goalie team -- Jake Allen and Brian Elliott. Marty Brodeur has gone home and asked STL for a week to ponder his future.

http://www.stltoday.com/sports/hocke...cS3bzI.twitter

And with that Brodeur is finally out of the blues picture and this argument can come to a close now!
    FYI, I believe that link redacts the article content if you're not a subscriber...

RETIRED

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by booth44 View Post
    I'd put Tampa on that list too especially after the fallout of Nabokov's last game.

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

Dobber Sports Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by booth44 View Post
    Doesn't sound like Howard's supposed to be out that long, and some of it is during the All-Star break.

RETIRED

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Quote Originally Posted by Instant Karma View Post
    FYI, I believe that link redacts the article content if you're not a subscriber...
    Ah thanks. I've changed to a different link.

Dobber Sports Deity

http://lkorac10.blogspot.ca/2015/01/...f-absence.html

He's not officially out of anything yet. He's taking a week to ponder and they will decide at that time. Come back in a week if something changes at that point.

Dobber Sports Veteran

Do you think the Blues are actively shopping him at this point, or is this just Brodeur re-evaluating his life now that Brian Elliott is considered a better option than he is?
    18 Team Full Keeper. Total points.

Start 10 F, 3 D, 1 UTIL, 1 G

3 Points: SHO, 2 Points: G, PPA, SHG, SHA, W, 1 Point: A, PPG, GWG, .25 Points: BLK, .1 Points: FOW, SOG, SV, .15 Points: HIT, -.05 Points: FOL, -.15 Points: GA

Forwards: Backstrom, Barre-Boulet, Beauvillier, Caufield, Dickinson, Donato, Donskoi, Gourde, Greenway, Horvat, Kase, Keller, Kuznetsov, MacKinnon, Marchessault, J. T. Miller, Sikura, Tarasenko, Zegras

Defense: Barrie, Brannstrom, Cholowski, Honka, Matheson, Pulock, Shattenkirk

Goal: Dubnyk, Jarry, Markstrom, Merzlikins

2014-15, 2016-17 MHL Champions!

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Savvy1982 View Post
    Do you think the Blues are actively shopping him at this point, or is this just Brodeur re-evaluating his life now that Brian Elliott is considered a better option than he is?
    Elliot didn't suddenly become a better option. He was always the better option - the FAR better option. Brodeur was a placeholder until Elliott was healthy. Elliot is healthy and Brodeur is out of a job. Everything according to the original plan.

Dobber Sports Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by Savvy1982 View Post
    I believe Elliot was always "considered a better option than (Brodeur) is". And yes, I believe the idea was to sign Brodeur as a quick-fix, and by the time Elliot was ready, sooner or later someone would be willing to kick the tires on him.

RETIRED