Thread: Nik Ehlers update

Dobber Sports Deity

Default Nik Ehlers update

The kid has been on fire as of late.

http://www.halifaxmooseheads.ca/arti...gainst-huskies

"Make it four wins in a row and counting for the red hot Halifax Mooseheads after the team scored an entertaining 8-5 victory over the Huskies on Saturday night in Rouyn Noranda.

The Moose got off to a shaky start when Jeremy Lauzon’s shot from beyond the blueline somehow fooled Halifax goaltender Zach Fucale. The Herd fell behind by scored of 2-0 and 3-1 before fighting back with three goals in the second period and a whopping five tallies in the third, highlighted by another amazing night from Nikolaj Ehlers.

The superstar from Denmark scored four goals and added an assist to give him 10 points in his last two games. The reigning QMJHL Second Star of the week now has the team lead in scoring with 40 points in 20 games and a 12 game point scoring streak.

Ehlers tallied his first of the game on an electrifying shorthanded breakaway as he used his speed to blitz the Huskies defensemen and tucked the puck past goalie Samuel Harvey at 14:24 of the second period. The goal cut the Huskies lead to 3-2 and clearly shifted the momentum in Halifax’s favour. Ehlers then set up Danny Moynihan just over three minutes later as the Herd pulled even 3-3.

Rouyn Noranda was once again able to regain the lead when Antoine Waked made no mistake on the power play, firing one past Fucale on a cross-ice pass with only 32 seconds to go in the period.

Many of the 2,071 fans had not even returned to their seats at the Iamgold Arena when Ehlers broke free on yet another breakway just seven seconds into the third period to even the score 4-4 as the Halifax bench went wild.

After Mathieu Lemay’s power play marker at 7:08 gave the Dogs the lead once more, the Moose turned up the heat and never looked back as they scored four straight to end the game. Danny Moynihan’s second of the evening tied it, while Andrew Shewfelt notched his first of the season with what would become the game-winner and Ehlers capped off his magnificent night with two more including an empty netter.

The Herd chased Harvey from the net following Shewfelt’s goal with 7:23 remaining. The netminder finished with 28 saves on 34 shots while backup Alexandre Belanger came in to save three of the four shots fired in his direction. Fucale shook off his rough start to the game and came up with some big stops in the final period to finish with 18 saves.

The Mooseheads have won four straight games for the first time this season and are now over the .500 mark with a 13-12-2-1 record.

Ehlers picked up the First Star of the Game, while Moynihan got the nod as the Second Star and Rouyn Noranda’s Alexandre Fortin (2 assists) was named the Third Star.

Dominik Blain-Dupuis made his Halifax debut, wearing number 20 and centred a line with Kelly Bent and Brandon Vuic on the wing.

Connor Moynihan served the second game of a two-game suspension and will be available to return to the Moose lineup when Halifax wraps up the road trip tomorrow afternoon at 5pm in Val d’Or."
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, SBennett

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Genius

Default Re: Nik Ehlers update

Kid is a supreme talent. I believe they gave him another assist lat night for a total of 4 goals and 2 assists. At least that's what they have at the qmjhl website.

http://theqmjhl.ca/schedule/show/game/67462

Dobber Sports Legend

This kid is going to be a beast. There's no prospect (already drafted) that I would rather own than him.
    8-GM / WK-H2H
    Forwards: G=2, A=1, PP/SH= +1, GWG= +2, Shootout G=1, HT= +1
    D-Men/Captain: G=3/A=2
    Goalies: W=3, OTL=1, SO= +2, SV= .10

Start = 13F, 6D, 2G / Keep 44 (3G)
    Captain: Matthews
    (F): MacKinnon, Pasta, Marner, Rantanen, Malkin, Barkov, M.Tkachuk, W.Nylander, Pettersson, Gaudreau, Laine, Keller, Miller, B.Tkachuk, Stutzle, DeBrincat, L.Raymond, K.Johnson, Cozens, Quinn, Guenther, Kulich, Cooley
    (D): Makar, Dahlin, Q.Hughes, Ekblad, Rielly, Werenski, Letang, Jones, Chychrun,
    Seider, Edvinsson, Jiricek, Korchinski, Mintyukov, Ceulemans, Hutson
    (G): Shesterkin, Demko, Vejmelka

Dobber Sports Wizard

I had the choice between Ehlers and Nylander this year at my draft....went with Nylander. He's doing great this year in Sweden but man I'm sweating that pick.
    20 Team Dynasty (points per) - G (25, 50 for defense) A (25) PIM (3) PPP (15) SHP (25) OTG (15) GWG (25) HTr (50) SOW (75) HIT (1) BLK (2) W (50) SHO (100) OTL (10) GA (-15) SV (2) Use actual NHL salary

Start 12 F, 6 D, 1G weekly

F: Kucherov, Marchand, Barkov, Gaudreau, Laine, Aho, Dubois, Dadonov, Huberdeau, Trocheck, Bertuzzi, Beauvillier, Khaira, Grigorenko

D: Ekman-Larsson, Yandle, Edler, Pulock, Borowiecki, Weegar, Mike Reilly

G: Andersen, Hart

Farm: Boldy, Beckman, Wise, Mascherin, Kovalenko, Manukyan, Walker, Morozov, Shafigullin, Palmu, Tychonic, Zhuravlyov, Kesselring, Zamula, Lankinen, Sogaard, Ingram, Rybar

So very glad to hear that news, thanks, Axeman. Snatched him up in this past draft for the dynasty rebuild I am undertaking. Very excited to for the opportunity to unleash this kid on the rest of the league.
    @SmittysRant

Dobber Sports Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Fast Tony DeNiro View Post
    I had the choice between Ehlers and Nylander this year at my draft....went with Nylander. He's doing great this year in Sweden but man I'm sweating that pick.
    Both will be awesome IMO. IMO, Nylander will be the 2nd best offensive producer among 2014 draft forwards, behind Ehlers. I was never fully sold on Reinhart, Bennett or Draisaitl as future fantasy studs (points format). Out of those 3, Bennett has the best shot IMO, but I like Ehlers and Nylander more.
    8-GM / WK-H2H
    Forwards: G=2, A=1, PP/SH= +1, GWG= +2, Shootout G=1, HT= +1
    D-Men/Captain: G=3/A=2
    Goalies: W=3, OTL=1, SO= +2, SV= .10

Start = 13F, 6D, 2G / Keep 44 (3G)
    Captain: Matthews
    (F): MacKinnon, Pasta, Marner, Rantanen, Malkin, Barkov, M.Tkachuk, W.Nylander, Pettersson, Gaudreau, Laine, Keller, Miller, B.Tkachuk, Stutzle, DeBrincat, L.Raymond, K.Johnson, Cozens, Quinn, Guenther, Kulich, Cooley
    (D): Makar, Dahlin, Q.Hughes, Ekblad, Rielly, Werenski, Letang, Jones, Chychrun,
    Seider, Edvinsson, Jiricek, Korchinski, Mintyukov, Ceulemans, Hutson
    (G): Shesterkin, Demko, Vejmelka

Dobber Sports Superstar

As a JETS fan, like to hear the 3rd party updates. Looks like the kid has talent and the Jets need a pure scorer.
    Might help in their decision to move EKane in the future.
    Piranha Hockey League est 1990 - Oakley Doakley's - 16 teams
    Pts only W=2 OL=1 SO=3 Auction Draft

WHL - est 2016 Expansion - Glasgow Kiss - 24 teams
    25 pro players / 10 minor league players
    G,A,+/-,PPP,SOG,Hits,Blk,PIM,FOW, W,Sv,GA,SHO

Dobber Sports Ace

Thanks for the article Axeman.
    Do you get to watch many Mooseheads games? if so, who are Ehlers' regular even strength linemates?

Dobber Sports Deity

Normally I do, but I won't lie, I haven't been to one yet this year but I have watched a few on Eastlink as the tend to broadcast them live on friday nights.

I know he normally plays with Phillipe Gadoury as his center. His right winger is normally Timo Meier (watch for this kid this year as its his draft year) and sometimes with Max Fortier.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, SBennett

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Pro

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    Normally I do, but I won't lie, I haven't been to one yet this year but I have watched a few on Eastlink as the tend to broadcast them live on friday nights.

I know he normally plays with Phillipe Gadoury as his center. His right winger is normally Timo Meier (watch for this kid this year as its his draft year) and sometimes with Max Fortier.
    Now I haven't been to any Moose games this year either, so I'm going off other reports but I didn't think Meier was playing on a line with him? (Could totally be wrong)
    Straight Points keeper league. Keep 5 Forwards,3 defence,1 goalie.

F: Nicklas Backstrom, Joe Thornton, Henrik Zetterberg, Zach Parise, Logan Couture

D: Erik Karlsson, Alex Pietrangelo, Oliver Ekman-Larsson

G: Sergei Bobrovsky

Dobber Sports Ace

Quote Originally Posted by Fast Tony DeNiro View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by fungchen3 View Post
    Both will be awesome IMO. IMO, Nylander will be the 2nd best offensive producer among 2014 draft forwards, behind Ehlers. I was never fully sold on Reinhart, Bennett or Draisaitl as future fantasy studs (points format). Out of those 3, Bennett has the best shot IMO, but I like Ehlers and Nylander more.
    I'm not sure you can go wrong with either at this point. I honestly thing it's more personal preference than there being any discernible gap between the two. Ehlers is lighting up the Q right now in a seriously impressive way, but what Nylander is doing isn't any less impressive. He's 2nd in the league in PPG as one of two players in the league that is a PPG or more, and he's 24th in the league in points, having played 8 less games than anyone above him. Not to mention MODO is terrible...

You can't go wrong with either IMO.
    14T BiWeekly H2H. 4 C/RW/LW, 6 D, 2 G
    Cats:G(3), A(1.5), PIM(0.2), PPP(1), SOG(0.2), GWG(1), SHP(2), Hits(0.3), BkS(0.4). W(2), SO(2), OTL(0.5), SV(0.2), GA(-1), L(-1). 9 Keepers in Bold. 12 player Farm team (skaters under 110, goalies under 80 gp) in italics

LW - Gaudreau, Forsberg, Parise, Hyman (C)
    C - Backstrom, Getzlaf, N Foligno (LW/RW), Kotkaniemi, Carter (LW/RW)
    RW - Tarasenko, Rantanen, Arvidsson, Atkinson, Gourde (C/LW), Mikheyev (RW)
    D - Dahlin, Theodore, Ellis, Klingberg, Fox, Andersson
    G - Murray, Grubauer

Prospects -Rossi, Turcotte, Kravstov, Tippett, Bouchard, Lehtonen, K Miller, Addison, DeSmith, Kahkonen, Ingram, Gustavsson