Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Star Wars - The Force Awakens

Dobber Sports Ace

Default Re: Star Wars - The Force Awakens

Quote Originally Posted by Pengwin7 View Post
    Meh.
    I don't know... this video doesn't do anything for me.
    I'm not saying it's good... or bad... it's just there's nothing here.

A new light saber...
    A new hovercraft/speedbike...
    A new little droid...
    And the typical star wars type scene opener melodies that have become Pavlovian-candy for our ears...

It gets me excited because I love Star Wars... but... still can't extract anything about the movie from this.

I'll give the video an A+ for lack of Jar-Jar-Binks sightings.
    I think that was pretty much the point though. It was a true teaser in a world where teasers have basically become just shorter trailers.

This was a teaser. It whet the appetite and let you know Star Wars is coming again. It gave you very little glimpses of some awesome moments. Stormtroopers look awesome, you get to the Falcon back in action, a lightsaber lights up, and X-Wings fly across water (Which was wicked...)

Really nothing at all. And honestly it's perfect for the marketing. You can't make a judgement on what's coming, no plot leaked, basically it just gave everyone reason to say Star Wars with very little badness to say about it (well except for the cross guard lightsaber...)
    14T BiWeekly H2H. 4 C/RW/LW, 6 D, 2 G
    Cats:G(3), A(1.5), PIM(0.2), PPP(1), SOG(0.2), GWG(1), SHP(2), Hits(0.3), BkS(0.4). W(2), SO(2), OTL(0.5), SV(0.2), GA(-1), L(-1). 9 Keepers in Bold. 12 player Farm team (skaters under 110, goalies under 80 gp) in italics

LW - Gaudreau, Forsberg, Parise, Hyman (C)
    C - Backstrom, Getzlaf, N Foligno (LW/RW), Kotkaniemi, Carter (LW/RW)
    RW - Tarasenko, Rantanen, Arvidsson, Atkinson, Gourde (C/LW), Mikheyev (RW)
    D - Dahlin, Theodore, Ellis, Klingberg, Fox, Andersson
    G - Murray, Grubauer

Prospects -Rossi, Turcotte, Kravstov, Tippett, Bouchard, Lehtonen, K Miller, Addison, DeSmith, Kahkonen, Ingram, Gustavsson

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by Dakkster View Post
    I'm all for killing babies, but the Emperor died in Jedi
    Read gainerama post. He describes how The Emperor came back in the comic book he has from the 1990s.

And Gainerama, it’s a solid theory actually. They very well could have taken the idea of Luke going to the dark side, and becoming Vader 2.0 so to speak. It works out perfectly if The Emperor comes back. “Look, your dad does good and dies, look at all the good people dying, look at blah blah blah. And how did I survive? The daarrrrkkkk siiiidddeee. Something something Sithhhh. Something something dark sideeeee” (little family guy star wars episode joke right there).
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

Dobber Sports All-Star

Actually, it's been confirmed that the new movie will not reference anything from the expanded Star Wars universe outside of the 6 films. So all story arcs and characters from novels, comics, video games are no longer applicable and will not be used. The new trilogy will be based on George Lucas's original Star Wars story plot from 70's that was removed as the story was deemed too long to fit into the original triology.

I have read the spoilers for the upcoming movie and know the background of the story plot and main characters. Everything is original for this movie and Luke, Leia, Han are all minor background characters as the focus is all about passing the torch to their next generation. With regard to guy holding the home-made broken lightsabre, it's not Luke. I won't go into any more details as I don't to spoil anything for you guys.
    14 Team NHL Salary Cap Dynasty -daily starts
    H2H, Salary Cap 95mil, Player actual salaries (all)
    +/-,G,A,GWG,PTS,STP,PIM,SOG,HT,BS,GAA,SO,SV,W
    Starters: 12 Forwards, 6 Defense, 2 Goalies

Forwards: Domi, K.Connor, Kessel, Parise, Monahan, Point, Rantanen, Kucherov, Panarin , M.Martin, Reaves, Marner
    Defense: Butcher, K.Russell, Pelech, Girard, Klingberg, Larsson
    Goalie: Rask, Hellebuyck
    Reserves: D.Strome, Jo.Benn, Polak, C.Crawford , M.Jones, A.Dell, Koskinen
    Prospects: Soderstrom, Sorokin, J.Dahlen, Kaprizov, Yamamoto, Makar, Starrett , F.Sandstrom, Timmins, T.Terry
    Fantrax TAHL 2013 & 2018 Champion

Dobber Sports Ninja

Looking forward to it. I've never read any of the Star Wars books or spoilers or anything. Didn't enjoy the three newest Star Wars films much, but this one will hopefully better.

JJ Abrams will likely want to recycle material like he did with Star Trek, so I assume there will old Luke living in a cave, the Emperor back in some sort of immaterial form to say "OOooOOooOOOOO" and a bunch of inside jokes.

I...am your father.

Quote Originally Posted by sasquatch View Post
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=OMOVFvcNfvE

I'm somewhat conflicted by the sabre with cross-guards, although if Luke had one of those he'd probably not have lost his hand... Count Dooku too..

Edit.. Sorry, I'm noob, can't get the youtube clip to show up for some reason, so you only get a link...
    To get it to show, pasting the link no longer works. Instead, you have to click "share" on youtube and then copy 'that' url they give. Weird how youtube has it, but same goes with websites - the sharing link is different from the actual link.
    The Best Fantasy Hockey Site

15-Team Keeper, points only, best 12 fwd, 4 dman, 2 G count. Playoffs count.

F - T. Thompson, Thomas, Nylander, Tarasenko, Arvidsson, Guentzel, Fiala, Quinn, Mittelstadt, Hagel, Zacha, Roslovic, Berggren, Brink, Ostlund
    G - Kahkonen, Vejmelka, L. Thompson, Levi, Comrie
    D - Hronek, Morrissey, Lundkvist, Girard, Brannstrom, Rathbone, Hanifin, Severson, Durzi

I...am your father.

Quote Originally Posted by rataylor22 View Post
    Just a comment on the "new" lightsaber. Just because it is new to star wars movies doesn't mean it is new to star wars. There are a ton of different versions to the "traditional" lightsaber that movie fans are used to, including this one and even whips. I don't really see how it's a point of contention to love or hate.
    I'm fine with the new lightsaber. Just trying to introduce new things, and that should be encouraged. I like Steve Colbert's explanation of the new lightsaber:

The Best Fantasy Hockey Site

15-Team Keeper, points only, best 12 fwd, 4 dman, 2 G count. Playoffs count.

F - T. Thompson, Thomas, Nylander, Tarasenko, Arvidsson, Guentzel, Fiala, Quinn, Mittelstadt, Hagel, Zacha, Roslovic, Berggren, Brink, Ostlund
    G - Kahkonen, Vejmelka, L. Thompson, Levi, Comrie
    D - Hronek, Morrissey, Lundkvist, Girard, Brannstrom, Rathbone, Hanifin, Severson, Durzi

Dobber Sports Ace

Quote Originally Posted by gainerama View Post
    Actually, it's been confirmed that the new movie will not reference anything from the expanded Star Wars universe outside of the 6 films. So all story arcs and characters from novels, comics, video games are no longer applicable and will not be used. The new trilogy will be based on George Lucas's original Star Wars story plot from 70's that was removed as the story was deemed too long to fit into the original triology.

I have read the spoilers for the upcoming movie and know the background of the story plot and main characters. Everything is original for this movie and Luke, Leia, Han are all minor background characters as the focus is all about passing the torch to their next generation. With regard to guy holding the home-made broken lightsabre, it's not Luke. I won't go into any more details as I don't to spoil anything for you guys.
    Where have you found these spoilers? Because as far as I've heard, no spoilers at all have been leaked, and there are significant rumours that would disagree with your assertion that it will not reference anything from the expanded universe (I'm thinking of two significant characters related to some original trilogy characters).
    Cats:G(3), A(1.5), PIM(0.2), PPP(1), SOG(0.2), GWG(1), SHP(2), Hits(0.3), BkS(0.4). W(2), SO(2), OTL(0.5), SV(0.2), GA(-1), L(-1). 9 Keepers in Bold. 12 player Farm team (skaters under 110, goalies under 80 gp) in italics

G - Murray, Grubauer

Prospects -Rossi, Turcotte, Kravstov, Tippett, Bouchard, Lehtonen, K Miller, Addison, DeSmith, Kahkonen, Ingram, Gustavsson

Dobber Sports Ace

Quote Originally Posted by gainerama View Post

http://www.cinemablend.com/new/Georg...ars-68506.html

"I’ve left pretty explicit instructions for there not to be any more features. There will definitely be no Episodes VII-IX. That’s because there isn’t any story. I mean, I never thought of anything!

G - Murray, Grubauer

Banned

I have read similar things on this topic before, the story of Star Wars is intended to be the story of Anakin Skywalker from birth to death

Dobber Sports Demi-God

Quote Originally Posted by 2014olympicgold View Post
    Something something dark sideeeee” (little family guy star wars episode joke right there).
    LOL. Yes!
    Oh... it's so good. I laugh. every. time.