Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Ribeiro for Stamkos

Dobber Sports Master

Default Ribeiro for Stamkos

Brad Richards is over-valued. The 60-70 pt range is about right.
    His defensive game allows coaches to put him on a second line kinda like a Mike Richards. Gonna get alot of hate from the Flyers fans but Mike reminds me alot of Brad, great two way player who will end up on the 2nd line as a great two-way player and leader on the team.
    30 GM Commish Dynasty
    G A +/- PIM PPP SOG W GAA SV
    Start: 3C, 3LW, 3RW, 4D, 1Utl, 1G
    C:Savard,Filpulla,Arnott,Ott,Boyd,Weight,Rupp
    LW:Heatley,Morrow,Sullivan,Tambellini,Bissonnette, Pierro-Zabotel
    RW: Hemsky,Backes,Orr,Tikhonov,Artyukhin,Ortmeyer
    D:EJ,Ehrhoff,Hjalmarsson,Babchuk,Commodore
    G: M.A.Fleury,Deslauriers,Koskinen,Monnino

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Its not nearly enough, Ribeiro had a good season but he has nowhere near the skill that Stamkos has. The GM who has Stamkos would not likely trade him away for Riberio.

Dobber Sports Expert

Crazynuck wrote:
    Brad Richards is over-valued. The 60-70 pt range is about right.
    His defensive game allows coaches to put him on a second line kinda like a Mike Richards. Gonna get alot of hate from the Flyers fans but Mike reminds me alot of Brad, great two way player who will end up on the 2nd line as a great two-way player and leader on the team.
    Thank you for pointing this out. I think it sums up what I was getting at. He had a big year when they got the cup, other than that. His stats look like a mountain with the 91 as its peak...

15 in 18 isn\'t bad for the playoffs, but with all the hype everyone is giving him on this board, he should have been 22 in 18.
    10 Keepers

10 Team, 10 Keeper
    Head to Head: G,A,P,PPP,SHP,BS,FW,GAA,SV%,SO
    Daily changes: 3C, 3LW, 3RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G
    C: Malkin, Pavelski, Domi
    LW: Gaudreau, Drouin
    RW: Kessel, B. Ryan, Nyquist
    D: Hedman
    G: Holtby
    Don't mistake opinion for fact.

Dobber Sports Sage

RICHARDS PLAYED WITH PLAYERS LIKE MATHIEU DARCHE. How is he supposed to be a PPG player like he used to be while playing with duds like that?

Dobber Sports Master

Demon77 wrote:
    Its not nearly enough, Ribeiro had a good season but he has nowhere near the skill that Stamkos has. The GM who has Stamkos would not likely trade him away for Riberio.

Demon if you read what the original thread starter stated you would understand how it could make sense.

Nunezilla wrote:

Crazynuck wrote:

As for the trade I can\'t believe someone would trade Stamkos away for Ribeiro but if you do it hit ACCEPT and RUN

I wouldn\'t have thought so either, but he told me straight up he does not plan to draft -any- rookie with the pick. Given that, Ribeiro should be a far better veteran option that anyone else that will be available.
    I agree Stamkos for Ribeiro is a steal but the other GM offered it so he should take it and run
    30 GM Commish Dynasty

Dobber Sports Master

playmaker26 wrote:
    RICHARDS PLAYED WITH PLAYERS LIKE MATHIEU DARCHE. How is he supposed to be a PPG player like he used to be while playing with duds like that?
    07-08: 51pts in 62 games playing with the likes of Darche.
    06-07: 70 pts playing with a mixture of Vinny or St.Louis. (I dont have the exact figures but the top 2 lines in tbay were mixed up alot and Richards got his share of time with Vinny or St.Louis)

Not to mention he played on a potent PP.

06-07: 33 PP pts
    07-08: 28 PP pts

A 70 pt player is not a PPG thus being called overhyped.
    30 GM Commish Dynasty

Dobber Sports Expert

playmaker26 wrote:
    you are way to hooked on this Darche shit, he played in Dallas, played 29 games over the remainer of the season and playoffs.

If he is as \"great\" as you are stating, he should have been a PPG player with Dallas. WTF

From the looks of things, it sounds like other players are making him good.(Vinny and St L) Not him making other players good.
    10 Keepers

10 Team, 10 Keeper

Dobber Sports Sage

Crazynuck wrote:
    playmaker26 wrote:
    07-08: 51pts in 62 games playing with the likes of Darche.
    06-07: 70 pts playing with a mixture of Vinny or St.Louis. (I dont have the exact figures but the top 2 lines in tbay were mixed up alot and Richards got his share of time with Vinny or St.Louis)

Not to mention he played on a potent PP.

06-07: 33 PP pts
    07-08: 28 PP pts

A 70 pt player is not a PPG thus being called overhyped.
    Richards didn\'t play with Vinny and St. Louis that much in 06-07. St. Louis went with Lecavalier almost all season. Which is why their point totals were close.

Dobber Sports Sage

Gaborlick wrote:
    playmaker26 wrote:
    you are way to hooked on this Darche shit, he played in Dallas, played 29 games over the remainer of the season and playoffs.

If he is as \"great\" as you are stating, he should have been a PPG player with Dallas. WTF

From the looks of things, it sounds like other players are making him good.(Vinny and St L) Not him making other players good.
    Why shouldn\'t I be \"hooked on this Darche shit\"? You said he\'s done. He\'s 28 years old. 28!!! In his prime. Now he will be playing with better players. He\'s a playmaker. Darche and Karlsson aren\'t goal scorers.

From the looks of things, it sounds like you are relying on stats too much. Not the situations.

Dobber Sports Master

playmaker great convo btw

stats are what matter:
    6 pts in 11 games if you exclude his 5 pt night is not the sign of a PPG player.

but lets also talk about his situation:
    given Richards situation in Dallas he will be on the #2 line.
    Morrow and Ribs showed too much chemistry to break them up.
    I dont care which way you slice it a player can only produce given his situation. Luongo could break the 50 win mark if he played in Det but his situation is Vancouver. On Dallas Richards will not be a PPG player.
    30 GM Commish Dynasty

Dobber Sports Expert

playmaker26 wrote:
    Gaborlick wrote:
    playmaker26 wrote:

Why shouldn\'t I be \"hooked on this Darche shit\"? You said he\'s done. He\'s 28 years old. 28!!! In his prime. Now he will be playing with better players. He\'s a playmaker. Darche and Karlsson aren\'t goal scorers.

From the looks of things, it sounds like you are relying on stats too much. Not the situations.
    I don\'t necessarily believe someone\'s prime is always the 27-29 bracket. I think it varies. As a general practice maybe, but not all applications....

Stats are stats and stats are what matter in fantasy hockey. I believe Richards on Dallas will help his Plus/Minus, but not much else. He is a playmaker, and he didn\'t JUST play with Darche and Karlson, he played with Prospal and Ouellet and some others. Who did he play with when he got 90 points? Ruslan Fedotenko,Dmitry Afanasenko, Nikita Alexeev ? where are these guys, are they amazing players? I think not. Situations matter, but they players actual drive to play and talent matter more in \"Situations\"
    10 Keepers

10 Team, 10 Keeper

Dobber Sports Sage

Crazynuck wrote:
    playmaker great convo btw

stats are what matter:
    6 pts in 11 games if you exclude his 5 pt night is not the sign of a PPG player.

but lets also talk about his situation:
    given Richards situation in Dallas he will be on the #2 line.
    Morrow and Ribs showed too much chemistry to break them up.
    I dont care which way you slice it a player can only produce given his situation. Luongo could break the 50 win mark if he played in Det but his situation is Vancouver. On Dallas Richards will not be a PPG player.
    He just got to Dallas, he got new linemates, give him a little time to get comfortable. 15 points in 18 playoff games is the sign of a possible PPG player. You guys are making it sound like his 91 points was a fluke that one year. He consistently improved.

What got me is the statement that \"Richards is done.\" I laughed out loud at that one.

Dobber Sports Sage

Gaborlick wrote:
    playmaker26 wrote:
    Gaborlick wrote:
    playmaker26 wrote:

I don\'t necessarily believe someone\'s prime is always the 27-29 bracket. I think it varies. As a general practice maybe, but not all applications....

Stats are stats and stats are what matter in fantasy hockey. I believe Richards on Dallas will help his Plus/Minus, but not much else. He is a playmaker, and he didn\'t JUST play with Darche and Karlson, he played with Prospal and Ouellet and some others. Who did he play with when he got 90 points? Ruslan Fedotenko,Dmitry Afanasenko, Nikita Alexeev ? where are these guys, are they amazing players? I think not. Situations matter, but they players actual drive to play and talent matter more in \"Situations\"
    Really, stats matter in fantasy hockey? Come on man I\'m not dumb.

Prospal played with St. Louis and Lecavalier for most of the season. Yeah, Ouellet really fit in well in Tampa. He was brutal.

You\'re proving my point...Fedotenko, Afanasenkov, Alexeev are not very good at all. He played with them and still put up respectable numbers.

His situation in Dallas isn\'t the best for him but it\'s much better than Tampa Bay. Meaning he should improve. He\'ll still be 1st PP unit and that unit will be scary. Especially if he can play the point with Zubov. Richards is a lefty while Zubov is a righty so it could work.

Dobber Sports Expert

btw: Last season
    TAMPA:
    1st Period
    Tampa Bay 1:31, Vincent Lecavalier 13 (power play) (Martin St. Louis, Brad Richards)
    Washington 12:46, Brooks Laich 3 (Shaone Morrisonn, Boyd Gordon)
    Washington 13:30, Alexander Ovechkin 13 (Chris Clark, Nicklas Backstrom)
    Tampa Bay 15:19, Jan Hlavac 3 (unassisted)
    2nd Period
    Tampa Bay 10:22, Brad Richards 7 (power play) (Vincent Lecavalier)
    Tampa Bay 19:32, Paul Ranger 4 (Martin St. Louis)
    3rd Period
    Tampa Bay 19:36, Martin St. Louis 7 (empty net) (Brad Richards, Vincent Lecavalier)
    -------------------------

Dallas
    Chicago 4:08, Dustin Byfuglien 13 (power play) (Jason Williams)
    Dallas 4:57, Niklas Hagman 23 (Brad Richards, Trevor Daley)
    Dallas 9:58, Mike Modano 18 (unassisted)
    2nd Period
    Dallas 2:47, Niklas Hagman 24 (Antti Miettinen, Brad Richards)
    Dallas 4:41, Loui Eriksson 12 (Brenden Morrow, Mike Ribeiro)
    Dallas 6:34, Trevor Daley 3 (Brad Richards, Antti Miettinen)
    3rd Period
    Chicago 4:25, Rene Bourque 7 (shorthanded) (unassisted)
    Dallas 5:55, Niklas Hagman 25 (Brad Richards, Philippe Boucher)
    Chicago 9:20, Andrew Ladd 10 (Petri Kontiola, Jason Williams)
    Dallas 16:49, Jere Lehtinen 12 (power play) (Brad Richards, Mike Modano)
    Chicago 18:15, Rene Bourque 8 (shorthanded) (Craig Adams)

Look at the difference in who he is playing with and who he is scoring with.
    10 Keepers

10 Team, 10 Keeper

Dobber Sports Master

Depends on how you define done. He is young and still has a long career ahead of him. So in that sense his career is not done.
    I do think he is done as a 90 pt player. I think he might reach the 80-85 range once or twice in his career if he is in the right situation but I see him as a 65-75 pt guy for the majority of his career.

side note: I was not the one that said he was done....so i;m not sure what context it was in.
    30 GM Commish Dynasty