Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Calling out Pengwin7...

Dobber Sports Ninja

Default Re: Calling out Pengwin7...

Quote Originally Posted by Bomm Bastic View Post
    Join us during our next Friday Night Music Thread as we sacrifice Ernie, our forum mascot,...

...as a tribute to Pengwin7. Afterall, he commands it.
    Not Ernie, I was just starting to like the cross-eyed little poop machine. We have to find him a home soon, I find it hard to work with him staying in the lunchroom at our office at Dobberhockey Towers.

Oh, hey that Peng guy is a decent chap. Some of his replies are epic in the amount of thought and research that are put into them. Just epic. I also like how he and I can be so polar opposite on the plus/minus issue without it affecting my opinion of him...even if he doesn't watch any actual hockey games! lol (this part was in jest, I do believe that our flightless friend does actually watch hockey when he's not attending mensa and/or AA meetings). +1 Peng...seriously, mad respect. (I know, I know, get a room, right!?)
    "For I am a sinner in the hands of an angry God. Bloody Mary, full of vodka, blessed are you among cocktails. Pray for me now and at the hour of my death, which I hope is soon. Amen." - Sterling Archer

"Don't spray that urine on my sons window. If you want a dollar for doing nothing, walk to Canada." - Malory Archer

“Anyone who thinks the pen is mightier than the sword has not been stabbed with both.” - Lemony Snicket

Dobber Sports Demi-God

Well deserved praise, Penguin7. Terrific contributions to the knowledge base on the forums. You should write a blog on fantasy hockey.

Dobber Sports Star

Pengwin should really have a weekly column here (or elsewhere) on fantasy hockey strategy, independent of current events or specific players. Articles on when to draft what type of player, how to exploit your league settings, etc. There is a ton of info here on player analysis and what not, but I am more attracted to fantasy for the strategy aspect, and Pengwin has a great handle on that side of things. Player analysis is subjective, and often wrong. Taking player X over player Y might pay off and it might not, and having a set of overarching strategies not related to specific players is far more useful if you ask me. It's very possible to win pools without any knowledge of the sport or the players involved, and Pengwins analysis would be incredibly helpful as a regular article rather than having to sort through old posts.

I could think of at least 10 articles just off the top of my head...

Dobber Sports Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by forumname View Post
    Pengwin should really have a weekly column here (or elsewhere) on fantasy hockey strategy, independent of current events or specific players. Articles on when to draft what type of player, how to exploit your league settings, etc. There is a ton of info here on player analysis and what not, but I am more attracted to fantasy for the strategy aspect, and Pengwin has a great handle on that side of things. Player analysis is subjective, and often wrong. Taking player X over player Y might pay off and it might not, and having a set of overarching strategies not related to specific players is far more useful if you ask me. It's very possible to win pools without any knowledge of the sport or the players involved, and Pengwins analysis would be incredibly helpful as a regular article rather than having to sort through old posts.

I could think of at least 10 articles just off the top of my head...
    I couldn't agree with this more.

Dobber Sports Stud

Quote Originally Posted by tomastop View Post
    I wish people in my leagues never heard of Pengwin7! ... and I wish they never read this forums... in fact I wish they didn't know about Dobberhockey, FHG and... hallo, hallo, come on, wake up, snap out of it!

Seriously though - I love P7's posts. Before my drafts I even went to his profile every day, just to read his forum posts... so many useful informations, tips, strategies... I love it!
    Gonna start doing this ^^
    ------------OLD------------
    15 Team Yahoo Rotisserie (1YR)
    Max Games Played
    3C, 3LW, 3RW, 4D, 2G, 4BN
    G, A, +/-, PIM, PPG, SHG, SOG, FW, HIT, BLK
    W, GAA, SV%, SHO

C: Giroux, Stastny, Fisher
    LW: Benn, Hall, Lucic, Hartnell
    RW: Stamkos, Hossa, Stafford
    D: Karlsson, Byfuglien, Brodie, Borowiecki, Pouliot
    G: Elliott, Allen, Dubnyk, Stalock
    IR: P. Kane

Notable Trades:
    Khudobin -> Hartnell (Oct 12)
    Ehrhoff -> Lupul (Nov 12)
    Greiss -> Hossa (Nov 21)
    Forsberg, Kucherov, Stalock -> Stamkos (Dec 20)
    Varlamov -> Lucic (Jan 20)
    E. Staal -> Byfuglien (Jan 20)
    Halak, Perreault -> Benn (Feb 10)

Dobber Sports Ninja

Ewww, profile stalkers! lol