Thread: Pickup Harding?

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Default Pickup Harding?

I seem to be struggling to settle on a 2nd goalie, bouncing back and forth between Halak and Kuemper. I think Halak is going to be fine, but Harding is also available on waivers. Is there anyone on my team you would dump for Harding given our format? If Harding gets the starting gig to run with on his return, he will be pretty valuable even if in a trade. Keep in mind we have to start a rookie, which makes me reluctant to dump Anders Lee, especially now that he's starting to get some shots on net. Having said that, I might just do it.
    Redraft 12-team Roto with 1 waiver/day ($5), start 3 at each F position, 5 D, 1 rookie, 2 Goalies, 5 Reserves
    Player Cats = G,A,Pts,PIMs,+/- (PIMs worth 50%, and +/- worth 25% compared to the other player cats)
    Goalie Cats (worth half what player cats are) = W,GAA,S%,SO (SO worth 25% of what player cats are)
    C: Tavares,Thomas,Johnston,Lindholm(Res),Zacha(Res)
    LW: Robertson,Fiala,Svechnikov,Lafreniere(Res)
    RW: Nylander,Necas,Reinhart
    Rook: Knies,Carlsson(Res)
    D: Josi,Bouchard,Weegar,Forsling,Hanifin,Durzi(Res)
    G:Hellebuyck,Demko

Dobber Sports Master

Default Re: Pickup Harding?

I like the goalies you have and fear that Harding is only a split second, at any given moment, to be back on the IR sooner than later.

Bottleneckers (12/16 in 2022)
    16 team, points only. G: 2-W, 4-SO.
    Top 9F, 4D & 1G . Keep 15, Max 23
    F: J. Robertson, J. Hughes, Tavares, Lafreniere, Cozens, Newhook, Teravainen, Domi, R. Strome, Laine, Rossi, Raymond, Holtz, Perfetti
    D: Bouchard, McAvoy, Morrissey, Heiskanen
    G: Vasilevskiy

Dobber Sports Expert

^ I agree. Bishop, Halak and Kuemper should be good enough. I don't see them handing the reigns to Harding the way Kuemper has played so far this year.

The Great One

Even if they did how long until Harding is injured again? for me buyer beware and though I can see him stealing starts from kuemper when healthy it is a bit of a three headed monster (espcially considering the $$$$ that Backstrom is on!) hence I have avoided Minny if I'm honest