Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: trade : pietrangelo and vrbata vs wingel and vatanen

Dobber Sports Genius

Default Re: trade : pietrangelo and vrbata vs wingel and vatanen

"What i tend to do in one year leagues is ignore whatever has been done this year and calculate every day like it is a new season"

Hmmmmm. That is interesting. I'm going to look at things this way and see how they shake out. Thanks
    - I said... "God damn this tablet is heavy!"

The Great One

Quote Originally Posted by laurentb1508 View Post
    @Seadawg what i am trying to say is in the trade should i try to put ehrhoff and vatanen for pietrangelo and vrbata or keep it this way
    I don't see any value in Ehrhoff really. Pietrangelo is a pretty big upgrade on him.

The only thing I wonder is how many dmen do you start in your league? You are getting rid of two to get only one back. That leaves you pretty thin on defense, even though I quite like the addition of Vrbata to your already impressive forwards.

If this is a league in which forwards and dmen are equal (not many of those around, though), I'd make that deal in a second. If you have to start all or even most of your dmen, I probably wouldn't make that deal because it leaves you too thin on defense.

EDIT: I just went back and read your original question. You mentioned that you would then grab either Hamhuis or Reilly on waivers. They don't help you much, but even worse is that you'd have to drop one of your forwards, which makes no sense to me. You'd be getting Vrbata, Pietrangelo, Reilly for Forward you drop (Kesler?), Vatanan, Ehrhoff. I don't like that at all.
    12 team, H2H, salary cap
    1 pt/G or A, 2 pts/W, 1 pt/OTL, 1 pt/SO

Forward: B. Point, M. Necas, A. Debrincat, T. Zegras, J. Bratt, L. Raymond
    Defense: J. Morrissey, A. DeAngelo, S. Gostisbehere, D. Doughty
    Goalie: T. Demko, E. Merzlikins
    Bench: M. Rossi, C. Glass, M. Maccelli, M. Dumba, K. Shattenkirk, F. Andersen
    Prospects of Note: L. Stankoven, J. Lekkerimaki, D. Yurov, B. Clarke

League has been running continuously since 1997-98

Dobber Sports Newbie

Who are your goalies and how many goalie categories? What are your positions (Forwards only or specific positions?) and how many starting positions? Perhaps you could list your team by position and starters? there is 5 goalie categories and my goalies are Rinne and Holtby and there is 2C 2LW 2RW 4D that can start

How are you doing so far in your matchups? Do you have any particular strengths/weaknesses (for example, are you winning/losing specific categories by a lot?)
    im actually in 3rd position outta 14 so im doing pretty good
    The reason I ask is that hits is one category of ?? (depending on goalie categories), so that could affect how much value it has on your total weekly matchup.

It's hard to evaluate a deal without the full picture, especially one when you are comparing historically more proven vs players who are less proven but producing in different ways

The Great One

Who are your goalies and how many goalie categories? What are your positions (Forwards only or specific positions?) and how many starting positions? Perhaps you could list your team by position and starters? there is 5 goalie categories and my goalies are Rinne and Holtby and there is 2C 2LW 2RW 4D that can start

How are you doing so far in your matchups? Do you have any particular strengths/weaknesses (for example, are you winning/losing specific categories by a lot?)
    im actually in 3rd position outta 14 so im doing pretty good
    The reason I ask is that hits is one category of ?? (depending on goalie categories), so that could affect how much value it has on your total weekly matchup.

It's hard to evaluate a deal without the full picture, especially one when you are comparing historically more proven vs players who are less proven but producing in different ways
    I agree with all of this, except I don't think it matters much what the goalie cats are considering there are no goalies involved in this deal.

Otherwise, it does help to know everything else you are suggesting.
    12 team, H2H, salary cap
    1 pt/G or A, 2 pts/W, 1 pt/OTL, 1 pt/SO

Forward: B. Point, M. Necas, A. Debrincat, T. Zegras, J. Bratt, L. Raymond
    Defense: J. Morrissey, A. DeAngelo, S. Gostisbehere, D. Doughty
    Goalie: T. Demko, E. Merzlikins
    Bench: M. Rossi, C. Glass, M. Maccelli, M. Dumba, K. Shattenkirk, F. Andersen
    Prospects of Note: L. Stankoven, J. Lekkerimaki, D. Yurov, B. Clarke

League has been running continuously since 1997-98

Dobber Sports Newbie

anyway thanks for the advice ill take that trade! have a good day

The Wolverine

Quote Originally Posted by SeaDawg View Post
    I agree with all of this, except I don't think it matters much what the goalie cats are considering there are no goalies involved in this deal.
    I disagree in general because knowing how many categories there are in total (including goalie ones) helps understand the value of specific categories e.g. hits, to your overall matchup. For example, if you were really strong in hits, and it was just one category of say, 12, then it would be less important to your squad than if it were 1 of 9. Of course it's not that simple as there other factors and context involved, but even with a skater only deal, it's important to consider the full picture IMO.

The Wolverine

anyway thanks for the advice ill take that trade! have a good day
    Hope it works out for you.