Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5

Thread: Lehtera - How Many Points

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Default Re: Lehtera - How Many Points

I'm guessing the same people who are pegging Tank to score 80 points this season were the ones who also picked Mackinnon to get 80. Scoring is not linear.

The facts are that Tarasenko and Lehtera (they deserve to be bunched together as they are linemates) have two of the highest PDO's in the league. Just because a guy is on a hot streak doesn't mean he is a superstar. There were exactly 7 players last year that scored 80 or more points. That being said, Tarasenko absolutely has the pedigree to get there but the smart money is on him falling short. Lehtera gets to ride shotgun and has shown more than what was expected before the season began but lets not get carried away here. 55 points sounds like a reasonable guess for Lehtera factoring in streaks and possible injuries to himself and/or linemates.
    10 Team Yahoo H2H Keep 5 G, A, PPP, FOW, SOG, HITS, BLKS, W, GAA, SV, SV%
    C,C,LW,LW,RW,RW,F,F,D,D,D,D,G,G,BN,BN,BN,BN,BN,IR+ ,IR+
    Keepers:
    Makar, J. Hughes, T. Meier, K. Connor, Ovechkin

Dobber Sports Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by mister_mcgoo View Post
    Like I said, if you're so gobsmacked with him and convinced this isn't just a typical early season anomaly then put your money where your mouth is and lay a bet on it.
    Forget about Lehtera, I'll lay a bet that says Tarasenko gets 74 or more this year. That would put him in the top 15 from last year. I'll make it a $20.00 bet or buy you Dobber's guide next year, if you want to accept the bet.

I read your posts all the time McGoo, I respect you, just think you are wrong this time.
    Head to Head League: 1 point for G, 1 point for A. 2 for Goalie win, 3 for SO.
    Start 6 guys every week. 3 O, 2 D and 1G. No substitutions once they are in (before the first game starts on Monday).
    Protect 3 players every year in keeper.
    10 rounds of drafting
    F: Crosby, Point, P. Kane, JVR, Kopitar, Rakell, Tarasenko,
    D: Letang, Doughty, Karlsson, Grzelcyk, Faulk,
    G: Bob, Shesterkin, Demko, Kahkonen

Dobber Sports Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by TheNugeCooge View Post
    I'm guessing the same people who are pegging Tank to score 80 points this season were the ones who also picked Mackinnon to get 80. Scoring is not linear.

The facts are that Tarasenko and Lehtera (they deserve to be bunched together as they are linemates) have two of the highest PDO's in the league. Just because a guy is on a hot streak doesn't mean he is a superstar. There were exactly 7 players last year that scored 80 or more points. That being said, Tarasenko absolutely has the pedigree to get there but the smart money is on him falling short. Lehtera gets to ride shotgun and has shown more than what was expected before the season began but lets not get carried away here. 55 points sounds like a reasonable guess for Lehtera factoring in streaks and possible injuries to himself and/or linemates.
    I hope that is not directed at me. I have been high on Tarasenko for two years now and have drafted him every year. Mac I didn't have an opinion on. So I am not a fairweather Tarasenko backer.
    Start 6 guys every week. 3 O, 2 D and 1G. No substitutions once they are in (before the first game starts on Monday).
    10 rounds of drafting

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by baumer View Post
    Forget about Lehtera, I'll lay a bet that says Tarasenko gets 74 or more this year. That would put him in the top 15 from last year. I'll make it a $20.00 bet or buy you Dobber's guide next year, if you want to accept the bet.

I read your posts all the time McGoo, I respect you, just think you are wrong this time.
    Wait, what happened to 'elite'? What happened to 80-90?

Saying Tarasenko will only get 60 or even 70 at this point is silly. Sure he won't continue this torrid pace but the elite players can get 80-90 points. Tarasenko is elite, he just had to be allowed to play. Hitchcock has finally let him. As for Lehtera, 60 seems reasonable.

Dobber Sports Ninja

Hey guys, I'll make you a bet that nobody cares about your dick-measuring competitions!

Guess what, I WIN!

Dobber Sports Wizard

I think Tarasenko and Schwartz are both hitting 70 this year. Lehtera, very likely will be less than 60 because we don't know for sure that the STL line will stick together all year (Hitchcock is very quick in changing lines when players slow down even a little bit) and we also don't know how Lehtera will handle a full 82-game schedule.
    I can't promise I'll try but I'll try to try.

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Quote Originally Posted by bondon View Post
    Hey guys, I'll make you a bet that nobody cares about your dick-measuring competitions!

Guess what, I WIN!
    I'd give you rep if I didn't have to spread it around first
    10 Team Yahoo H2H Keep 5 G, A, PPP, FOW, SOG, HITS, BLKS, W, GAA, SV, SV%
    C,C,LW,LW,RW,RW,F,F,D,D,D,D,G,G,BN,BN,BN,BN,BN,IR+ ,IR+
    Keepers:
    Makar, J. Hughes, T. Meier, K. Connor, Ovechkin

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by bondon View Post

Guess what, I WIN!

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

Dobber Sports Padawan

Don't worry, guys. Outta this thread till april and blocking McGoo. What an idiot. Tough guy wants to bet on 52 games and is prepared to collect if Lehtera gets 52 in 47 games before breaking his hand. Yeah, gutsy AND smart.
    Non-keeper 11-team auction league with 5 active forwards, two D. Points only (G=1, A=1)

The world does not judge actions on their own merit, but on their chance results, and they consider that only those actions which are blessed with a happy outcome have been undertaken with sound advice and reason
    -- Boethius

Dobber Sports Veteran

Wait, what happened to 'elite'? What happened to 80-90?
    He is elite. I don't trust him to get 80 points in Hitchcock's system. 74 points makes him top 15. That's elite. So take it or leave it.
    10 rounds of drafting

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by larrylintz View Post
    Don't worry, guys. Outta this thread till april and blocking McGoo. What an idiot. Tough guy wants to bet on 52 games and is prepared to collect if Lehtera gets 52 in 47 games before breaking his hand. Yeah, gutsy AND smart.
    Mods? Mods? Crazy echo in here for some reason, I can't imagine why...

Banned

He is elite. I don't trust him to get 80 points in Hitchcock's system. 74 points makes him top 15. That's elite. So take it or leave it.
    Well no actually, the number being bandied around was 80 or more, that's what inspired this whole argument and the dick measuring that ensued. Go back to the first few pages and read the posts of the homer squad that kicked this all off, that is specifically what I was responding to, not anything that you said (aside from that 'elite' post that you're now stepping back from).

Look, no one disagrees that Tank is a good player, in fact he's looking like he's going to be a really good player in fact. But the hyperbole is getting out of hand and in need of a little reality check. The Blues are a scoring by committee team, a hard-working team, lots of blue collar guys that allow them to roll 4 lines. So while it's possible that they evolve into a team with an elite scorer who puts up numbers like Kessel, Seguin, Stamkos, etc, I don't see that happening anytime soon. I see them as a team with their leading scorer in the 70s this year, 2 or 3 guys in the 60s and a 4-5 in the 50s. I think that's a reasonable prediction given what we know about the players, the coach and the team.

Dobber Sports Veteran

Well, that's fine and fair. I agree that 80 is going to be tough but 80 is also not very common in the NHL. I do think he has a chance to hit 80. But 75 is still a really tough amount to hit. But anyway, no worries. We'll just leave it at that.
    10 rounds of drafting

Banned

Well, that's fine and fair. I agree that 80 is going to be tough but 80 is also not very common in the NHL. I do think he has a chance to hit 80. But 75 is still a really tough amount to hit. But anyway, no worries. We'll just leave it at that.
    I had him penciled in for 70 pre-season so 74 is not really a stretch after his hot start y'know? Tell ya what lets make it a gentleman's bet...lets make 75 the mid-point on him ok? You take the over I'll take the under.

-if I win, you add 'mcgoo is my hero' to your signature for a month
    -if you win I'll add 'baumer is my hero' to mine for a month
    -if it's exactly 75 we both do it

Dobber Sports Veteran

I had him penciled in for 70 pre-season so 74 is not really a stretch after his hot start y'know? Tell ya what lets make it a gentleman's bet...lets make 75 the mid-point on him ok? You take the over I'll take the under.

-if I win, you add 'mcgoo is my hero' to your signature for a month
    -if you win I'll add 'baumer is my hero' to mine for a month
    -if it's exactly 75 we both do it
    You had him penciled in for 70? That's awesome. I never trusted Hitch to let his players loose. What's the name of that young Russian kid he had in Columbus that he basically ruined? I was praying he wasn't going to try to do the same to Tarasenko. For the record, I too had him in for about 70.

I accept your gentleman's bet.
    10 rounds of drafting