Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Lehtera - How Many Points

Banned

Default Re: Lehtera - How Many Points

Quote Originally Posted by larrylintz View Post
    I haven't laid a money bet in 30 years and certainly wouldn't put up money in one with a complete stranger online, and especially someone so hostile he calls another poster a "little man," but i will happily revisit this thread in May to discuss whether your 52-pt prediction or my 65-70 (prorated to an 82-game sked to account for injuries) was closer to the mark.
    That's what I figured, all bark and no balls.
    Also you don't get to prorate, injuries are a part of the game you always factor those into any projection

Dobber Sports Genius

22G 31A 53Pts

Administrator

I haven't laid a money bet in 30 years and certainly wouldn't put up money in one with a complete stranger online, and especially someone so hostile he calls another poster a "little man," but i will happily revisit this thread in May to discuss whether your 52-pt prediction or my 65-70 (prorated to an 82-game sked to account for injuries) was closer to the mark.
    We're all basically looking into our crystal balls at this point. Lehtera is certainly one of the more interesting guys to project because his background is not typical.

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

Administrator

Some of the guys that have been observing Galchenyuk this year thought an instant star was breaking out. The game tape looked outstanding (dude handles the puck like a freak). But the observers forgot about his tendency to fall into slumps - something he has still not shaken off completely. The end result: 17 games, 9 points.

So, back to Lehtera. He is on a tear so far and obviously the game tape looks outstanding. But is he going to be consistent in the long run? That remains to be seen.

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

Dobber Sports Prodigy

I grabbed him off my waiver wire, so I would have been happy with a short term, 7-10 point run. I'm going to hold onto him now, so finding a regular roster fit on the wire has made me very happy. If he gets 50+ points I'd be extremely happy. 65-70 would make be ecstatic. Frankly, I'm not too worried about how high he goes right now. I'm just enjoying the ride. The fact that he helps in my FOW category as well is just icing on the cake.
    ====
    Roto, 12 Team
    G, A, +/-, PIM, SOG, Hits, FOW, W, GAA, SV%
    Roster: 1 LW, 1 RW, 4 F, 3 D, 2 G
    Max 82 Games per LW, RW, F, D. 75 Games per G

F: St. Louis, Parise, Getzlaf, Kesler, O'Rielly, Pomminville, B. Richards, Backes, Ribiero, Lehtera, Fillpula, E. Staal
    D: Seabrook, Suter, Ekblad, Myers
    G: Rask, Howard, Talbot, Lack, Enroth
    IR: Gudas, E. Kane

Dobber Sports Padawan

I guess if he breaks his leg tonight you are a genius McGoo. Very logical. I was going to find some choice words to describe your character, though that's apparent to anyone following this thread. Then it occurred to me that you could very well be a 17-year-old typing from your parents' basement, which crossed my mind several posts ago. I'm not at all into child abuse.
    Non-keeper 11-team auction league with 5 active forwards, two D. Points only (G=1, A=1)

The world does not judge actions on their own merit, but on their chance results, and they consider that only those actions which are blessed with a happy outcome have been undertaken with sound advice and reason
    -- Boethius

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Lehtera scores ....Weeeeeeee

Banned

I guess if he breaks his leg tonight you are a genius McGoo. Very logical. I was going to find some choice words to describe your character, though that's apparent to anyone following this thread. Then it occurred to me that you could very well be a 17-year-old typing from your parents' basement, which crossed my mind several posts ago. I'm not at all into child abuse.
    quite the insult..

I am thinking of picking him up. But I only have 4 C slots, and since he is not a winger, I don't have anyone to drop for him DO I?

league in sig

Dobber Sports Padawan

Quote Originally Posted by Dutch View Post
    quite the insult..
    I was responding to him calling me ball-less and another guy a "little man" for not being interested in placing a money bet with a total stranger. I subsequently realized the guy has a fantasy website. Bizarre. You'd think someone presumably wanting to develop a following would be a little more diplomatic.
    Non-keeper 11-team auction league with 5 active forwards, two D. Points only (G=1, A=1)

The world does not judge actions on their own merit, but on their chance results, and they consider that only those actions which are blessed with a happy outcome have been undertaken with sound advice and reason
    -- Boethius

Banned

Injuries are ALWAYS factored into projections, otherwise you're evaluating players in a vacuum. Malkin, Letang, Gaborik, these are all great players but if you're counting on them to play 82 games in any given season then you're going to be sadly disappointed. Injuries are part of the game, you can't just ignore them when it is convenient for you to do so.

And priceless that you're now you're posing questions about character and making insults about maturity.... I'll remind you that you started all this and picked the fight by posting this little gem:

Excuse me before i write because i have to go and then my head off. That's pretty brave! First you predict 52 points and then talk tough by predicting and waging a bet he won't go over 80! I have to to the courage of that stand. Big man vs. little man indeed!
    You'd be hard pressed to squeeze more emoticons into that statement if you were a tweener txting about the Bieber concert. You also didn't read any of the posts properly so you mixed up the discussion of Lehtra with Tarasenko. So now you're butthurt because you've made a fool of yourself so you're lashing out and the results are predictably dripping with irony.

I was responding to him calling me ball-less and another guy a "little man" for not being interested in placing a money bet with a total stranger. I subsequently realized the guy has a fantasy website. Bizarre. You'd think someone presumably wanting to develop a following would be a little more diplomatic.
    In my experience the internet is full of guys who like to talk a big game but when push comes to shove their balls vanish and they can't stand behind any of their bold statements. Hence the challenge, if you REALLY believe the crap coming out of your mouth then man up and lets bet on it, otherwise go away. You're worried about money because I'm a total stranger on the internet??? Weak. It's 2014 you know, we've been transferring funds around electronically for decades. Or make it for something tangible like next year's Dobber guide if you prefer, it doesn't matter. Run along now, try to think up another lame duck excuse.

Dobber Sports Sage

When he signed this summer I made a 4th round entry pick swap for a 5th round entry pick with the owner with waiver priority #1 so that I could get Lehtera. It's a deep keeper league. Can I pat myself on the back now or do I need to wait longer?
    10 Team, 60 Player Roster
    G, A, PTS, PPP, PIM, BLKs, Hits, +/-, Shots, W, GAA, SV%, Saves
    C- JHughes, Trocheck, RThomas, Zegras, Norris, Bennett, PLD, Stephenson, Danualt
    RW- Raymond, Stone, TWilson, Toffoli, KJohnson, Nyqvist, Zary
    LW- Keller, Schmaltz, Bunting, Skinner, Barbashev, Duclair
    D- QHughes, McAvoy, Doughty, Heiskanen, LHughes, Mintyukov
    G- Shesterkin, Demko, Andersen, Kahkonen, Levi, Tarasov, Annunen

Notable Prospects- Nikishin, Kulich, Leonard, Wood, Perreault, Lekkermaki, Ostlund, Othmman, REvans, L-Heureux, Ivanov, Murashov

Dobber Sports Padawan

You are saying the guy is a mediocre 52-point player and want to bet on it but you won't consider games played? How is that logical? If you're exactly right, but his 52 come over the first 52 games played, and he's in the top ten in scoring, and then he breaks his leg, in what possible way did you "win" the argument. That's absurd. Hard to believe you run a site professing to have some sort of smarts using logic like that. Similar i guess to the logic of responding to a post about Lehtera in a thread about Lehtera with a hostile challenge regarding Tarasenko.

I wish this forum had a function like Twitter where I could block people like you. Seriously, someone takes a position in a healthy debate about a player's upside and you call them ball-less and "little man" for not wagering money on it? I have zero doubt that you don't do that in real life, since you'd get your face smashed in about twice a week if you did.

-- Boethius

Banned

You are saying the guy is a mediocre 52-point player and want to bet on it but you won't consider games played? How is that logical? If you're exactly right, but his 52 come over the first 52 games played, and he's in the top ten in scoring, and then he breaks his leg, in what possible way did you "win" the argument. That's absurd. Hard to believe you run a site professing to have some sort of smarts using logic like that. Similar i guess to the logic of responding to a post about Lehtera in a thread about Lehtera with a hostile challenge regarding Tarasenko.

I wish this forum had a function like Twitter where I could block people like you. Seriously, someone takes a position in a healthy debate about a player's upside and you call them ball-less and "little man" for not wagering money on it? I have zero doubt that you don't do that in real life, since you'd get your face smashed in about twice a week if you did.
    God you're being thick, let's review:

1)I never called him mediocre, the whole POINT of this thread is that the OP asked for his point projections, that's what I provided before you decided to start a pissing match. I think 52 pts is a reasonable projection for a rookie who has captured lightning in a bottle the first 6 weeks of the season
    2)A bet can be for whatever you want really, but again the OP asked for how many pts the guy will get THIS season so what else would it be around but exactly that? So again, no, you don't get to ignore injuries and use some ideal scenario because you don't have the balls to stand behind your mouth then knock yourself out, but expect to be called out for that nonsense.You wanna devise some other bet though? lets hear it.
    3)Hard to believe? What's hard to believe to me is that someone can feel so strongly about the performance of one of their man crushes but lacks even a shred of chutzpah to back up those big words. Sad really.
    4)You can block people on here Einstein, if you stopped running your mouth for 5 mins maybe you could figure it out.

Your story has become tiresome, go away already, you're derailing the thread.

The interesting thing I've noticed this season is how many teams have one line absolutely going gang busters and the others not doing much, it's a weird pattern really, you often expect the top lines to produce the most but not to the point that we've seen. There are a lot of good players who haven't been getting their points so far, that's gotta correct soon.

Dobber Sports Icon

We need a new icon for the forums, highlighting threads that have been derailed so I don't click on them anymore. How does a thread on point projections degenerate into another pissing match?
    12 Team Dynasty, H2H (points)
    Dress 2C, 4W, 1F, 4D, 1G (Daily)
    G (3), A (2), STP (1), SHOG (1), +/- (0.5), SOG (0.2), Hits (0.2), Blk (0.2), FOW (0.1); W (5), SO (2), Sv (0.2), GA (-1)

C - Draisaitl (W), Hughes, Larkin, Trochek
    W - T.Thompson (C), Pastrnak, Reinhart, Batherson, Nichushkin, Duchene (C), Zuccarello
    D - Dahlin, Theodore, Bouchard, Faber, Werenski, Skjei
    G - Jarry, Gustavsson, Montembault
    Fm - Bordeleau, Barlow, Lucius, G.Perreault, Luneau, Perunovich, Nikishin

Dobber Sports Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by mister_mcgoo View Post
    Oh puh-lease, the Blues haven't had a ppg scorer in over a decade. In fact, other than that weird year that Boyes became a fantasy juggernaut somehow, they haven't even had a 70 pt forward I don't think.
    The team doesn't win that way, that's not the way they are built or the kind of game they play.

It's the first 1/4 of the season, we always see these weird anomalies and they always balance out by the end of the year, you'd think people would have grasped that simple concept by now.

Tarasenko is not going to keep pace and score 107 pts
    Giordano is not going to put up 90, nor Brent Burns 80
    Oh puh-lease. Tarasenko is not an anomoly, he just needs to be allowed to play. Hitchcock seems to be figuring this out. Tarasenko is a stud and has been for a while. There's no reason for him not to challenge 80 this year.
    Head to Head League: 1 point for G, 1 point for A. 2 for Goalie win, 3 for SO.
    Start 6 guys every week. 3 O, 2 D and 1G. No substitutions once they are in (before the first game starts on Monday).
    Protect 3 players every year in keeper.
    10 rounds of drafting
    F: Crosby, Point, P. Kane, JVR, Kopitar, Rakell, Tarasenko,
    D: Letang, Doughty, Karlsson, Grzelcyk, Faulk,
    G: Bob, Shesterkin, Demko, Kahkonen