Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Pick up Lehtera?? Reps

Dobber Sports Novice

Default Re: Pick up Lehtera?? Reps

Quote Originally Posted by 27Blue View Post
    Anyone who drops Nelson will regret it. Aren't you guys paying attention? It's obvious you haven't watched him play, but the guy has 15 points in 15 games... and only one of those games was with JT. Doesn't that jump out at you? Nelson is the last guy on that list that I would drop.
    Tavares has directly assisted or been on the ice for 8 of Nelson's 15 points. He's been a strong influence on Nelson's hot start.
    8 teams: 24 players, keep 10
    Play 9F, 5D and 2G every week. Points only: G=1, A=1 Goalies: W=2 SO=1

Forwards: Crosby, Ovechkin, Backstrom, Kessel, Larkin, M. Tkachuk, Hertl, Bergeron, Horvat, Marchessault, Ehlers
    Defensemen: Klingberg, Letang, Subban, Doughty, Petry, McDonagh
    Goalies: Murray, Dubnyk, Lundqvist

*2014 League Champion
    *2017 League Champion
    *2018 League Champion

________

10 teams, keep 4: 3C, 3LW, 3RW, 5D, 2G, 3U, 5Bench
    G, A, P, PPP, GWG, +/-, PIMs, Hits, W, SV%, SO

C: Kuznetsov, ROR, Schmaltz, Hischier, Trocheck
    LW: Ovechkin, Hall, DeBrincat, Nyqvist,
    RW: Granlund, Rakell, Brown, Svechnikov
    D: Burns, Yandle, Hamilton, Suter,
    G: Fleury, Gibson

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by 27Blue View Post
    Anyone who drops Nelson will regret it. Aren't you guys paying attention? It's obvious you haven't watched him play, but the guy has 15 points in 15 games... and only one of those games was with JT. Doesn't that jump out at you? Nelson is the last guy on that list that I would drop.
    JT has had much more of an impact on Nelson's points than in just one game. 7 of his 15 are PP, which mean Tavares is on the ice. You take him off the top PP and 8 points as part of a OK 2nd line doesn't make him sound so tempting anymore. Ribeiro is the only other guy I would consider but he's been very consistent on Nashville.

Dobber Sports Padawan

I'd rather have Lehtera than Pommer or Nelson.

The Great One

To reiterate, I said I'd drop any of those players for Lehtera, but I agree that Nelson would be my last choice.

As I mentioned, all the players listed are exceeding pre-season expectations (except Pominville), but with Filppula and Ribeiro, we have seen what they can do and they are definitely not PPG players. I've already stated also that Ribeiro is a bit of a one-dimensional player. With Nelson, we just don't quite know yet what we have. Is he a legit PPG player? Probably not, but it wouldn't shock me if he gets 65 pts this year. He is big, strong, and he was hyped to be a big time NHL player. Maybe he is just getting there sooner than we all expected. I'd definitely hold on to Nelson due to the "unknown" factor.

So, to clarify, my first choice would be to drop Ribeiro, then Filppula, and lastly Nelson (though I strongly suggest otherwise). I do like Lehtera more than Nelson, but I'd prefer to have both on my team.
    12 team, H2H, salary cap
    1 pt/G or A, 2 pts/W, 1 pt/OTL, 1 pt/SO

Forward: B. Point, M. Necas, A. Debrincat, T. Zegras, J. Bratt, L. Raymond
    Defense: J. Morrissey, A. DeAngelo, S. Gostisbehere, D. Doughty
    Goalie: T. Demko, E. Merzlikins
    Bench: M. Rossi, C. Glass, M. Maccelli, M. Dumba, K. Shattenkirk, F. Andersen
    Prospects of Note: L. Stankoven, J. Lekkerimaki, D. Yurov, B. Clarke

League has been running continuously since 1997-98

Dobber Sports Prodigy

I like Ribeiro to pick up Lehtera. I'd like to get a piece of that Tank line myself so good luck!

Islanders are off to a great start offensively and I'm rooting for them to keep it going so I'd hold onto Nelson and see what he can get done.