Thread: Tavares Trade (Rep)

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Default Tavares Trade (Rep)

Owner in my league messaged me saying he wants Tavares, asked if I was interested in Parise... I replied for him to send something over to start and his initial offer is Parise/Wheeler for Tavares.

Don't like this trade at all as I'd have to drop somebody to make room for Wheeler. Wondering if there is a good counter I can come up with here.

His team is:
    F- Couture, Wheeler, Nelson, Spezza, Kessel, Getzlaf, Neal, Giroux, Parise
    D - Kronwall, Fowler, Yandle, Ekman-Larsson, Faulk
    G- Miller, Bishop, Pavelec
    Daily 1-year Yahoo League 9 teams
    Categories: G=5, A=3, +/- = 1/-1, PPG = 2, SHG = 4
    W= 6, L = -3, GA = -5, SV = .5, SHO = 10

Start 6 F, 4 D, and 2 G, 4 Bench spots, IR and IR+

F - Panarin, Pacioretty, Atkinson, Carter, Stone, O'Reilly, Duchene, Sheary
    D - Letang (IR), Josi (IR), Giordano, Barrie (IR), Krug, Niskanen
    G - Dubnyk, Bishop, Ward, Mason

Dobber Sports Expert

Default Re: Tavares Trade (Rep)

Keep Tavares. As you said you would have to drop someone if you accepted the offer. So the deal is really Parise/Wheeler for Tavares+drop. Even if you drop someone like Eberle or Staal you lose the deal.

The Wolverine

Quote Originally Posted by Blake Joseph View Post
    Owner in my league messaged me saying he wants Tavares, asked if I was interested in Parise... I replied for him to send something over to start and his initial offer is Parise/Wheeler for Tavares.

Don't like this trade at all as I'd have to drop somebody to make room for Wheeler. Wondering if there is a good counter I can come up with here.

His team is:
    Don't feel the need to counter just because you received an offer. If you have a specific goal in mind then fine, go for it. But I wouldn't just try to find a fit for the sake of finding a fit.

Dobber Sports Guru

All trade discussions for Tavares should start with Giroux.

He probably won't do that, so maybe you can get something with Kessel plus Neal for Tavares and a scrub. If it's the league in your sig, you get more points for goals. Kessel and Neal are worth a lot in a league that rewards goals.

Writer of the weekly Top 10 column.

12-team Keeper pool, straight points for forwards & dmen. Goalies get: 2 points per win, 3 per shutout, 1 point per assist & 1 point per shootout loss.

League champ in 2013, 2015, 2018, 2020 and 2022.

Top 8 forwards, 5 dmen and 2 goalies count.

We keep 15 players (any position) plus two rookies.

Forwards: Panarin, Ovechkin, Kopitar, Stamkos, Tuch, Rust, Marchessault, Pavelski, Miller, Bertuzzi, Stone, Kakko, Brown, Stankoven, Kovalenko
    Defence: Hedman, Fox, Matheson, Thrun, Jiricek
    Goalies: Kochetkov, Talbot, Vasilevskiy, Campbell, Schmid

Dobber Sports Deity

Well unless he is willing to send you Giroux for Tavares straight up (about the only player I would want for Tavares 1 for 1) you are going to have to look at multiple players from him, which will force you to drop someone. If you don't want to do that, then this is a non-issue. Keep Tavares.

I wouldn't want Parise in any offer for my Tavares.

Any counter you come up with that involves multiple players coming in will force you to drop someone like Eberle, who is probably one of your weaker forwards. You have to look at who you would bring in that forces you to drop Eberle and make sure the drop in points between Tavares and Eberle offsets the players you are bringing in, say a Getzlaf and Couture or Wheeler. Thats about the only way I could see this working for you, and then you have to wonder if he would do Getz with a Couture/Wheeler for Tavares anyway. I know I wouldn't do it if I were him.

Tough choices for both sides but I guess it depends on how bad he wants Tavares.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Initiate

Quote Originally Posted by Blake Joseph View Post

His team is:
    He has a very good team. He is offering you his worst or second worst forward + plus a guy who just got concussed for a top 5 forward. Without the concussion, I would entertain a trade offer including Parise for Tavares, but with the concussion and the rest of his team, I am not sure I would. This GM isn't serious about getting Tavares. If he were, I would expect that his trade offer would have included Kessel. Make sure he knows that this isn't a 2-1 trade because you have to drop someone to make it happen so all trade offers should be for Tavares + Eberle or Johansen. This forces him to think in terms of 2-2.
    In a 10 league where we start 3C, 3LW, 3RW, 4D and 2 G daily. It is a H2H league - we keep 3 players (1 G max), are allowed a max of 2 keeps for each player. The number in brackets is the number of keeps I have left:

G, A, +/-, PIMs, PPG, PPA and Shots.
    C - Larkin, Couturier, Kopitar, Cirelli
    LW - OV, Panarin (1), Schenn (C), Ehlers (RW), Kreider
    RW - Kucherov (0), Seguin (C), Palmieri, Voracek, Yamamoto
    D - Yandle, DeAngelo

W, GAA, SV% and Saves.
    G - Rask, Varlamov, Hart, Mrazek
    IR+ - Tarasenko

Dobber Sports Monster

I would not move Tavares. No reason to want Parise in such a deal. Not sure what your motiviation would be to move Tavares. If he's asking you about Parise in this deal then he's trying to upgrade himself and downgrade you. Not sure that a deal can be made here.

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Quote Originally Posted by Shakedown View Post
    I would not move Tavares. No reason to want Parise in such a deal. Not sure what your motiviation would be to move Tavares. If he's asking you about Parise in this deal then he's trying to upgrade himself and downgrade you. Not sure that a deal can be made here.
    I have no motivation to move him at all, especially not with this offer. I'm pretty sure with most trade offers the person offering is looking to upgrade. My main question was if anyone thought a decent counter that benefits me could be made, as in a 7-team league rosters are stacked and there is more possibility for trade potential. But you could be right in that there is simply no deal to be made here, which I'm totally fine with.
    Daily 1-year Yahoo League 9 teams
    Categories: G=5, A=3, +/- = 1/-1, PPG = 2, SHG = 4
    W= 6, L = -3, GA = -5, SV = .5, SHO = 10

Start 6 F, 4 D, and 2 G, 4 Bench spots, IR and IR+

F - Panarin, Pacioretty, Atkinson, Carter, Stone, O'Reilly, Duchene, Sheary
    D - Letang (IR), Josi (IR), Giordano, Barrie (IR), Krug, Niskanen
    G - Dubnyk, Bishop, Ward, Mason

Dobber Sports Genius

Kessel and Getzlaf for Taveres and E.Staal would be about the only fair deal...
    12 Team Keep 5 (2 F, 1 D, 1 G, 1 Any) G,A,PTS,PPP,SOG,HITS,PIMS,W,GAA and Sv%.

F: Kucherov, K.Connor, J. Hughes,, J.Guentzel, A.Svechnikov,
    D: Q. Hughes,
    G:Bobrovsky