Thread: Kesler & Marchand for ? - REP FOR HELP!!!

Dobber Sports Initiate

Default Kesler & Marchand for ? - REP FOR HELP!!!

Hey boys,

I currently sit 1st in a 12-team rotisserie style league (see below for league settings and team). I'm putting the finishing touches on my squad and just needed some help on the my most recent project. I need help in the SHP and PIM department. Everywhere else I am sitting pretty... I know SHP is a useless category and hard to stream, however, there are players that are more likely to get SHP than others. Therefore, I found a team that is 2nd last place and has told me they are willing to move players. He has both Kesler + Marchand who I feel are perfect candidates to strengthen my team. Both of these guys are known to produce PIM and get many SH opportunities. Kesler also has some nice PP value... while Marchand can produce help in the +/- department. I'd move my Franson who is currently my 5th D-man and Ladd who is my 3rd LW. My question to you guys is... what is a fair offer for these guys in terms of picks? So my offer would basically be Franson + Ladd + Picks for Kesler + Marchand. Also, forget to mention that I made a trade earlier this season which snagged me a 5th round pick for MacArthur... So I have an extra 5th along with all my picks.

This league is a Keep 4 and there are 12 teams... here are some examples of the type of players that went in various rounds:

1st Round - Bishop, Sharp, Hedman
    2nd Round - Pacioretty, Marleau, Howard
    3rd Round - Okposo, Letang, Elliott, Kesler
    4th Round - Voracek, Thornton, Marchand
    5th Round - Kronwall, Krug, Wheeler

So as you can see this GM took Marchand & Kesler in the 3rd and 4th round respectively... IMO way to early. That being said what would you guys offer? I feel a 5th + 4th would including the guys I listed would suffice... Or maybe just a 2nd straight up? I was also wondering if Marchand is worth the UPGRADE on Ladd... Ladd should get way more PPP but Marchand should edge him in SHP, PIM, and +/-. Thoughts? Thanks boys!!

Dobber Sports Padawan

Default Re: Kesler & Marchand for ? - REP FOR HELP!!!

I'm putting myself in this guy's shoes and I don't see him biting at Franson and Ladd and a 4th and 5th for Kesler and Marchand. I have a feeling you're going to have to offer more than a second for this to go through, and you have to ask yourself if that's going to be worth it for you.
    10-team H2H points keeper league, keep 4
    G: 2, A: 2, SOG: 0.15, Hit: 0.15, Block: 0.15, W: 3.5, Sv: 0.025, SO: 6
    7 F, 3 D, 1 G

2022-2023 Roster:
    F: Connor McDavid, Steven Stamkos, Artemi Panarin, Jack Hughes, Mark Stone, Josh Norris, Tyler Bertuzzi, PL Dubois, Sam Bennett, Tom Wilson (IR)
    D: Kris Letang, Drew Doughty, Brent Burns, Shayne Gostisbehere
    G: Ilya Sorokin, Thatcher Demko

The Great One

As above I wouldn't accept it but it depends on the GM - a second would probably do it but you could be sneaky and see if he will take Harding...

Dobber Sports Pro

I own both Kesler & Marchand in my league and no way I would trade them for that with those categories. Multi cat 50+ point guys are rare and very valuable.
    WHL - World Hockey League (24-Team Daily H2H) Est. 2015

Vancouver Voodoo
    C: Scheifele, Sedin, Stastny, Zetterberg
    LW: Panarin, Landeskog,
    RW: P. Kane, , Meier, Mantha, Anderson, Coyle, Hansen
    D: Carlson, Faulk, Hamilton, Trouba, Goligoski, Matheson
    G: Andersen, Mason
    Minors: Demko, Virtanen, Walman, Benson, Gourde, Boqvist, Glass, Foote, Claesson, Gaudette

12 team, keep 15 H2H Weekly
    Crosby, Malkin, Seguin, Kessel, Kucherov, Byfuglien, OEL, Klingberg, Holtby, Quick, Scheifele, Hellebuyck, Simmonds, Arvidsson, Schenn

https://image.ibb.co/k3o8Sa/dobber_banner_sig.jpg