Thread: Freed up a roster spot - help me choose who to take!

Dobber Sports Veteran

Question Freed up a roster spot - help me choose who to take!

Finally made a decent trade getting RNH and Reimer for Chiasson, Garrison and Hiller. That also leaves me with a roster spot and some needs. I really only have one spare D, and no spare G. There aren't any FA goalies worth the $5, Pavelec, Ward, Neuvirth, Enroth are the only starters. I may have to do another trade to fix that. Here is a shortlist of candidates:

Ceci, Clendening, Morrisey, Mueller, Spurgeon, Zucker, Trocheck, DSP, Komarov, R Nash.

I'm thinking now is a good time to grab Ceci, or I could hang on for while and see what else may float to the top. Recent FA pick-ups in the league were Hanzal, Terry, Namestnikov.

Cheers!

Dobber Sports Superstar

Default Re: Freed up a roster spot - help me choose who to take!

If you need a spare goalie, hate to say it but grabbing Pavelec is probably worth it. Maurice has the Jets playing a better defensive system and Pavelec is going to get majority of starts. Look at last 10 games - Jets not giving up many goals.
    Can you afford a goalie injury, how will it impact you if you don't have a spare?
    Piranha Hockey League est 1990 - Oakley Doakley's - 16 teams
    Pts only W=2 OL=1 SO=3 Auction Draft

WHL - est 2016 Expansion - Glasgow Kiss - 24 teams
    25 pro players / 10 minor league players
    G,A,+/-,PPP,SOG,Hits,Blk,PIM,FOW, W,Sv,GA,SHO

Dobber Sports Apprentice

I would take pavelec also. Magicstew is bang on

Dobber Sports Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by Magicstew View Post
    If you need a spare goalie, hate to say it but grabbing Pavelec is probably worth it. Maurice has the Jets playing a better defensive system and Pavelec is going to get majority of starts. Look at last 10 games - Jets not giving up many goals.
    Can you afford a goalie injury, how will it impact you if you don't have a spare?
    I can afford an injury (not competing), but it doesn't look good. This league is sort of unique because goalies aren't worth as much with only 1 point for a win and 2 bonus for a shutout. We have 10 GMs, so if it all works out we get 3 starters each. I have 2 starters and two back ups so I would probably have to drop Lack (no biggie). 5 goalies is sort of limiting, i'm already hamstrung with two prospect D. If I did that, then I would still have a roster spot. I'd likely grab Pavs for Lack if one of my starters got hurt.

EDIT - Hmm, Khudobin was just derped for Doan.

After thinking about MagicStew's comments (can't rep again right now) I'm definitely in the market for a D, maybe a F, or maybe just waiting. I can do goalie swap if I need to.

Dobber Sports Pro

I would look at either Riley Nash or Pavelec. I have never been a big fan of Pavelec but he is putting up decent numbers this year with Maurice as coach.
    WHL - World Hockey League (24-Team Daily H2H) Est. 2015

Vancouver Voodoo
    C: Scheifele, Sedin, Stastny, Zetterberg
    LW: Panarin, Landeskog,
    RW: P. Kane, , Meier, Mantha, Anderson, Coyle, Hansen
    D: Carlson, Faulk, Hamilton, Trouba, Goligoski, Matheson
    G: Andersen, Mason
    Minors: Demko, Virtanen, Walman, Benson, Gourde, Boqvist, Glass, Foote, Claesson, Gaudette

12 team, keep 15 H2H Weekly
    Crosby, Malkin, Seguin, Kessel, Kucherov, Byfuglien, OEL, Klingberg, Holtby, Quick, Scheifele, Hellebuyck, Simmonds, Arvidsson, Schenn

https://image.ibb.co/k3o8Sa/dobber_banner_sig.jpg