Thread: Kostitsyn

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Default Kostitsyn

I have the number five pick in our entry draft this year so I suspect Kane, Esposito, Cherapanov will go top three.

The only other Dobber Top 10 prospect available after that is Kostitsyn. I am also looking at Giroux and Berglund as possible picks. I also have the number 10 pick so I should be able to get two of the three, but I am not sure if I should take Kostitsyn ahead of the other two.

Keeper league, points only. I am in a mini-rebuild right now getting ready to move out some of the veteran players to make room for the kids (Vanek, Mueller, Roy, O\'Sullivan, Brown, Erat). I don\'t need immediate help this year, but I am looking for real impact next season.

Any thoughts?

Della Madonna

Default Re:Kostitsyn

Hi,

Im a habs fan,

Kostitsyn ended last year with on high note. He proved that he belongs to the team. He ended the season playing with Kostitsyn and higgins on the second line. That line causes the most scoring oportunities in the playoff run. Im confident to say that Placky and Kostitsyn have demonstrated chemestry. Higgins we know already what he in capable of doing and that line will be the most procutive line for the canadiens this year. You may not hit a home run right aways but im confident to say that he will produce in the high 50ies this year and i wont be surprise if he makes 65 to 70 points. The way Plekanec played the second half of the season if he continue to improve i dont see why Kostitsyn wont produce. He reallly is a fast and skillfull guy, he opens up the ice for is teamate, he as a very good wrist shot even if he did score only 1 goal. Before each game you see him playing around with the puck and its mesmerizing, he can do sharp turns ala Kovalev and you can see the motivation. Kovalev is a premier stickhandler in the league today and Kostitsyn is not very far behind, he learned allot from him and it shows.

this is my opinion

Thanks
    MDM

Dobber Sports Veteran

I agree that 60 points would be right on course. I wouldn\'t be surprised by a bit less (50) or a bit more (65). Down the road I think he will be a first line offensive guy. I don\'t know if that is the kind of impact you are looking for next year but I wish I had this guy on my roster for 2-3 years down the road.

Dobber Sports Stud

reeveta wrote:
    I agree that 60 points would be right on course. I wouldn\'t be surprised by a bit less (50) or a bit more (65). Down the road I think he will be a first line offensive guy. I don\'t know if that is the kind of impact you are looking for next year but I wish I had this guy on my roster for 2-3 years down the road.
    I think we\'ll see 50-55 out of Kostitsyn as a rookie. He did well in the AHL and after his callup, but not spectacularly. I see him as more the slow and steady type developmentally.

Post edited by: Thieving Giraffe, at: 2007/07/25 01:09
    T.G.

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Thanks for the feedback guys. It is good to hear from someone who has seen him play in person.

When picking my prospects, I tend to stick to the \"sure thing\" that may have a lower potential upside, but is almost a lock to hit that mark. That\'s what I like about Kostitsyn. He appears to be a sure bet to be a PPG player in 2-3 years and be a top line guy.

Della Madonna

Note that he plays both wings but is better playing on the left side. Kostitsyn. In the systmem, habs dont have much on the left side that will come closes to chalenge Kostitsyn. Personally i see him porgressing without a doubt, he will be a valuable asset for the canadiens and top line is within in reach considering the lack of LW in the team. its a smart investment

this is my opinion
    Thanks
    MDM