Thread: Radulov vs. NHL

Dobber Sports Novice

Default Radulov vs. NHL

How does everything think the Radulov situation is going to play out? How hard will the NHL fight this or will they simply rollover on the issue?

I think that they are going fight this to set the precedence so everyone knows where the bar is set regarding issues like this.
    H2H Keeper League - Points Only

Protections: 6 Forwards, 3 Defensemen, 1 Goalie, & 1 Rookie

F - Parise, Backstrom, Lecavalier, Spezza, O. Jokinen, Horton, Morrow, Steen, Little, Belanger

D - Doughty, Letang, Edler, MA Bergeron, Corvo, Carlson(R)

G - Lundqvist, Halak

FantaSteve

Default Radulov vs. NHL

I agree (and hope) that the NHL will take a hard line with this. The Preds are going to fight this tooth and nail, and the NHL has a definite interest to help out. Considering the new \'agreement\' with the KHL, I hope the Russian powers-that-be don\'t just turn a blind eye.

Very interesting situation. I\'m almost glad I have Radulov - a little offseason drama to keep things interesting.

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Default Radulov vs. NHL

I think he stays this season with the new agreement the NHL signed with Russia. But next year he\'s a ghost. I just hope Zherdev doesnt do the same thing to the Rangers.

Dobber Sports Stud

Default Radulov vs. NHL

they will fight it tooth and nail. The NHL is right now the established league that knows how much they can afford to spend on players. They have a salary cap because that is all they can afford and turn a profit.

This upstart league is new competition that thinks it can afford to spend anything it can. With oil tycoon owners, the russian league may never need to make money (think WNBA having NBA team owners who get more than enough money to have a several million dollar operating deficit). AS guys like rads get contracts, more and more players are going to jump ship over to the RSL and other leagues for money, and the teams are not afraid to lose money and do not need to worry about finances.

The NHL has to push this issue so more young guys do not spurn them to avoid rookie contracts.
    10 team Dyn
    tavares rnh statsny
    AO benn
    kessel malkin
    ryan purcell
    green letang enstrom kulkov OEL ellis
    lundy ward varly bernier lehrner
    burmistrov hodgson michalek, ryan oreilly, turris okposo

16 team h2h
    Spezza, Tavares
    Vanek,doan
    malkin, eberle
    Doughty Letang, karlsson, weber
    hall
    green enstrom downie palmeiri kassain bogo
    lundy price pavelec

weiters fielder kipnis wright hanley braun upton upton maybin victorino goldschmidt
    kershaw, startsburg, greinke, bumgarner, price, neise, bret anderson
    valverde, hanrahan, aceves, reed, guerra, storen

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Default Radulov vs. NHL

I\'m hoping the KHL voids his contract due the the agreement (yes i know it\'s not a written agreement).. then I really hope that Nashville trades him to a team that could pay him enough to make him happy to stay.

Is that likely.. nah, probably not. But being a Radulov owner this \"could possibly\" be the best thing to happen, or.. of course.. the worst.
    8 Teams 10 Keepers H2H
    g - a - pts - (+/-) - ppp - shp - fw - sv% - .gaa - so
    3C-3RW-3LW-4D-1UTL-2G - 4Bench

Keepers:
    C - Crosby, Thornton, Toews, Tavares
    LW - Kovalchuk, Nash
    RW - Kane
    G - Price, Fleury

Dobber Sports Demi-God

Default Radulov vs. NHL

Don\'t you think fighting it and winning is going to have the reverse effect, particularly with young Russian players? In days of yore, to play at the elite level in Russia you had to be on the Red Army team and while the benefits were better than your fellow countrymen no one was getting big cash to play - they can now and stay at home. Where will the draw be to sign an entry level contract with an NHL team?

Oh the best hockey in the world is still in the NHL and that is reason enough! Right, come to Nashville as an explosive offensive monster and sit on the bench while I teach you the meaning of 2 way play and punish you with a benching when you make a mistake. Screw that nonsense. Don\'t sign a contract in the NHL because you can\'t get out and come home if things are going poorly.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Default Radulov vs. NHL

I think the bigger question is what exactly can the NHL do to stop this?

Its not like if he takes off to Russia the NHL is going to go over there and arrest him and force him to play in Nashville.

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Default Radulov vs. NHL

narduch wrote:
    I think the bigger question is what exactly can the NHL do to stop this?
    Is it really that big of a deal? The only problem is that he has 1 more year under his contract. After that, if he wants to go back, then good luck.

Dobber Sports Demi-God

Default Radulov vs. NHL

I personally don\'t think it will come to that - but I do think rather than focusing on controlling players forcibly the NHL has to consider how to make it attractive for a guy like Rads to stay and play and put folks in seats and in front of the TV - can never have enough AO\'s, Crosby\'s etc.

FantaSteve

Default Radulov vs. NHL

Shoeless wrote:
    I personally don\'t think it will come to that - but I do think rather than focusing on controlling players forcibly the NHL has to consider how to make it attractive for a guy like Rads to stay and play and put folks in seats and in front of the TV - can never have enough AO\'s, Crosby\'s etc.
    ...while balancing profits, salary cap, the CBA, and the demands of the NHLPA.

Owners are going to feel the pinch in this one. More options for lucrative contracts are going to make it tough on owners to generate profits.

Dobber Sports Initiate

Default Radulov vs. NHL

Realistically, the only the NHL can do, short of tell these guys who want out, that they will forfeit any chance of ever playing in the NHL down the line is, to make the entry level contract more attractive. I don\'t think that is the way to go, but what can they do. Selfishly, I wish it had been a player who wasn\'t on my team. Not that my chanves hinge on Radulov alone, but he would help a lot.
    'To be is to do' - Socrates....'To do is to be '- Sartre..........
    'To do be do be do' - Sinatra.

15 Team Keeper League - 20 roster spots (4C 4L 4R 6D 2G)
    Point Categories - G A +/- PIMS GAA SV%
    Protect 13-15 *$80 Team cap

C - Bergeron, Zibanejad,
    L - Connor, Marchand, Olofsson
    R - Nylander, Wheeler, Gallagher, Rust
    D - Carlson, Josi, Nurse
    G - Vasilevskiy

Dobber Sports Stud

Default Radulov vs. NHL

I think this is all being blown out of proportion...

The only exodus you are gonna see are lazy 2-bit problem players (Hello Emery, Jagr, etc...)

Do you really think Crosby, Stamkos, Turris or any competitive player would want to forgo a chance to win a Stanley Cup to go play in Siberia?? LOL.

If all they are playing for is the money then good riddance!!

Do you think anyone is gonna miss Emery? The only reason Jagr won the Cup is LEMIEUX...

If Rads can\'t get the minutes in Nashville for whatever reason...let him go sulk in Russia...
    ***2018-19 11th Place***

16 TEAM KEEPER
    FORWARDS (G,A,Pts,+/-,PIM,PPG)
    LW:Marchand, Ehlers, Debrusk, Comtois (B-Empty)
    C:Matthews, White, Kotkaniemi, Hughes (B-Empty)
    RW:Laine, Labanc, Buchnevich, Terry (B-Kyrou)
    DEFENSE (G,A,+/-,PIM)
    Shea Weber, Ekman-Larsson, Morrissey, Schultz, Parayko, Hronek (B-Girard, Matheson)
    GOAL (Min,W,GGA)
    Hellebuyck, Markstrom, Samsonov
    PROSPECTS
    Lafraniere (2020)

Dobber Sports Master

Default Radulov vs. NHL

Do you really want a player who is not going to play to his potential on your team? Nashville might keep his rights but he might end up hurting the team even more.
    30 GM Commish Dynasty
    G A +/- PIM PPP SOG W GAA SV
    Start: 3C, 3LW, 3RW, 4D, 1Utl, 1G
    C:Savard,Filpulla,Arnott,Ott,Boyd,Weight,Rupp
    LW:Heatley,Morrow,Sullivan,Tambellini,Bissonnette, Pierro-Zabotel
    RW: Hemsky,Backes,Orr,Tikhonov,Artyukhin,Ortmeyer
    D:EJ,Ehrhoff,Hjalmarsson,Babchuk,Commodore
    G: M.A.Fleury,Deslauriers,Koskinen,Monnino

Dobber Sports Stud

Default Radulov vs. NHL

Crazynuck wrote:
    Do you really want a player who is not going to play to his potential on your team? Nashville might keep his rights but he might end up hurting the team even more.
    Exactly.
    ***2018-19 11th Place***

16 TEAM KEEPER
    FORWARDS (G,A,Pts,+/-,PIM,PPG)
    LW:Marchand, Ehlers, Debrusk, Comtois (B-Empty)
    C:Matthews, White, Kotkaniemi, Hughes (B-Empty)
    RW:Laine, Labanc, Buchnevich, Terry (B-Kyrou)
    DEFENSE (G,A,+/-,PIM)
    Shea Weber, Ekman-Larsson, Morrissey, Schultz, Parayko, Hronek (B-Girard, Matheson)
    GOAL (Min,W,GGA)
    Hellebuyck, Markstrom, Samsonov
    PROSPECTS
    Lafraniere (2020)

Dobber Sports Master

Default Radulov vs. NHL

wheres waldo (bettman/daley) and their 2 cents on the issue ?